• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Religion of Peace Strikes again.

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Apparently the previous bounties on Rushdie did not do the trick. So, they put another $600K on his head.

Iranian Media Outlets Add To Bounty On Author Salman Rushdie

Iranian state-run media outlets have added $600,000 to a bounty for the killing of British author Salman Rushdie...

Iranian hardliners say Khomeini's decree is irrevocable and eternal after his death. A wealthy Iranian religious organization offered $2.7 million reward to anyone carrying out the fatwa and in 2012 it increased the amount to $3.3 million.

I'm sure that one day some nut will get him.

Truth be told, I'm surprised he's lived this long. Like him or not, agree with him or not, one factor is true - he is a very brave man.

It's a real shame that backwards people on this earth want to kill a man for writing a book.

It's a real shame that backwards people on this earth want to kill a man for writing a book.

Religion can be a power for good or a power for evil and some are a combination of both - the only thing that is constant is that religion has power over it's followers regardless of the type of religion.

I read the title and thought, "What have those freaking Jainists done this time?"

I don't think that anybody cares really, or he'd be gone by now.

I'm guessing it has more to do with incompetence and lack of trust. After all, who honestly believes that the Iranians would pay the bounty if some freelance professional marksman took the guy out?

I'm guessing it has more to do with incompetence and lack of trust. After all, who honestly believes that the Iranians would pay the bounty if some freelance professional marksman took the guy out?

Where are you getting 'trust' from? I just don't think that anyone cares enough about it.

Where are you getting 'trust' from? I just don't think that anyone cares enough about it.

There's over $4M on his head. Even I'd care about getting in on that. But, I would not trust that the Iranians would pay up.

There's over $4M on his head. Even I'd care about getting in on that. But, I would not trust that the Iranians would pay up.

Well, you may be right. A pro would do it. It's not the the Iranian government calling for it however; it's the religious leaders, and maybe no one cares.

Well, you may be right. A pro would do it. It's not the the Iranian government calling for it however; it's the religious leaders, and maybe no one cares.

That would not be my opinion. I am sure plenty of people care. But, the fatwa is a fail because

1.) Pros probably figure they will never be paid

2.) Fanatics are too stupid to get past his bodyguards and security detail

That would not be my opinion. I am sure plenty of people care. But, the fatwa is a fail because

Yeah, people in the ME with no way of getting to him and others that don't care enough to kill him. If the Iranians failed to pay off, the blow-back would be huuuuge!, so I don't think it's that.

Yeah, people in the ME with no way of getting to him and others that don't care enough to kill him. If the Iranians failed to pay off, the blow-back would be huuuuge!, so I don't think it's that.

Then why wouldn't someone do it for the money. $4.whatever million is a nice chunk of change. I'm betting there is no trust there.

Then why wouldn't someone do it for the money. $4.whatever million is a nice chunk of change. I'm betting there is no trust there.

Like I say, the ones who would, in my view, don't have the means. The rest don't care or he'd have been dead along time ago.

Like I say, the ones who would, in my view, don't have the means. The rest don't care or he'd have been dead along time ago.

He'd be dead today, if someone with means was sure they'd see that 4-plus mil.

Are we issuing fatwa's again? here is an interesting question; why don't they issue a fatwa against Daesh requiring all muslims to fight against them?

It is in the "it will never happen" corner because they agree with what they are doing

I didn't say "whatever" with a sweep of the hand. I said, "what ever" as in "what ever you say".

Ah. What ever it is then. :)

Muslims kill for virgins, not for money.

Back
Top Bottom