• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Relationship dealbreakers

Im a feminist in the sense i like being feminine. I want to be the love of a man's
life.

Like I said, good luck with that.

Men no longer have a need to be loyal to one women, the feminist movement saw to that.

It's all about need, all humans are selfish.

No more mutual need keeps couples together. Affluence is a big contributor along with the feminist movement.

I didnt like being told how to dress.
I'm surprised guys would even attempt such a thing. I'm good at picking colors and styles for people but it's only ever a suggestion. Most men I know psychiatry married men are dressed by their wives. They just have a better eye.

I'm surprised guys would even attempt such a thing. I'm good at picking colors and styles for people but it's only ever a suggestion. Most men I know psychiatry married men are dressed by their wives. They just have a better eye.
Its was more like could i be a bit more conservative, lol.

Like I said, good luck with that.

Men no longer have a need to be loyal to one women, the feminist movement saw to that.

It's all about need, all humans are selfish.

No more mutual need keeps couples together. Affluence is a big contributor along with the feminist movement.
The modern feminist movement has done alot of damage in relationships

Here is one thing that worries me. Growing up i had 2 older sisters and they were out of the house when i was 13. My parents loved each other i guess but they fought all the time. I grew very close to my dad and distant from my mom. Marriage scares me. i dont want it to be constant bickering
Don't be afraid of relationship counseling. These things can be wonderful.

Sounds like you were getting attention. That made your partner feel a bit insecure, unless it was really revealing but I doubt that.
I did dress down a bit. It was all good.

I did dress down a bit. It was all good.
Even went through a phase early in our relationship. I tried to be as polite as possible but certain places you couldn't go dressed like that. It was difficult. I wanted him to express himself but I also don't want to have to pull out my pistol.

Alot of times people dont even realize it.
I think it's hard to pick up on especially when you are being love bombed I've never had the displeasure first hand.

I yell sometimes but that's my Italian genetics.
It doesn't mean I'm angry, it means I have a big obnoxious Italian mouth.

Even went through a phase early in our relationship. I tried to be as polite as possible but certain places you couldn't go dressed like that. It was difficult. I wanted him to express himself but I also don't want to have to pull out my pistol.

I think it's hard to pick up on especially when you are being love bombed I've never had the displeasure first hand.
He had a very loving person that cares about him.

I yell sometimes but that's my Italian genetics.
It doesn't mean I'm angry, it means I have a big obnoxious Italian mouth.
Thats pretty normal. My restaurant boss was Italian and he did raise his voice a bit.

Well... It didn't make it any easier. It was harder that he was understanding.
How long have you been together if you dont mind me asking. After tonight i probably wont be back till Weds night.

Thats pretty normal. My restaurant boss was Italian and he did raise his voice a bit.

It's all just show, we're just wired that way.
When we watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" both of us were struck by how similar the Greeks are to Italians.
And the scene where Maria tells Toula "the man is the head but the woman is the neck" made us both crack up.

It's true. We can yell all we want but in the end, we usually get outsmarted because the neck can turn the head any way she wants.

And that's why I am not the least bit bothered by feminism, it's just putting out in the open something men have already known all along and doing away with all the nonsense about protecting a man's fragile ego.
Being put on equal footing is the healthy way to go because it forces men to actually BE strong instead of just ACTING as if they are.

It's the difference between having a car with gigantic "TURBO" stickers and a loud muffler, and having a car that doesn't advertise how fast it really is.
If pre-feminist men were cars, this is what they would look like:

fart can exh.jpeg

It's all just show, we're just wired that way.
When we watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" both of us were struck by how similar the Greeks are to Italians.
And the scene where Maria tells Toula "the man is the head but the woman is the neck" made us both crack up.

It's true. We can yell all we want but in the end, we usually get outsmarted because the neck can turn the head any way she wants.

And that's why I am not the least bit bothered by feminism, it's just putting out in the open something men have already known all along and doing away with all the nonsense about protecting a man's fragile ego.
Being put on equal footing is the healthy way to go because it forces men to actually BE strong instead of just ACTING as if they are.

It's the difference between having a car with gigantic "TURBO" stickers and a loud muffler, and having a car that doesn't advertise how fast it really is.
If pre-feminist men were cars, this is what they would look like:

View attachment 67340274

Interesting looking man. Feminism is fine but not militant feminism. The generalization that men are toxic or predators or oppressors is just as wrong as any other generalization.

Interesting looking man. Feminism is fine but not militant feminism. The generalization that men are toxic or predators or oppressors is just as wrong as any other generalization.

Generalization? By who?
A handful of angry rebels without a cause are yelling and screeching, so they feel like warriors.
So what?
Sorry, I'm not going to shit can a century or more of strong women clawing their way to equality just because a few college kids act like idiots.

It's almost as if you've been looking all along for reasons to back away from a broad perspective so you could seek out the safe space of something more narrow.
Using the excuse that a few kids at college acted out their street theater in an obnoxious manner was enough to get you to put on your track shoes is "a tell".

Extremists are extremists.
In other news, water is wet.

Generalization? By who?
A handful of angry rebels without a cause are yelling and screeching, so they feel like warriors.
So what?
Sorry, I'm not going to shit can a century or more of strong women clawing their way to equality just because a few college kids act like idiots.

It's almost as if you've been looking all along for reasons to back away from a broad perspective so you could seek out the safe space of something more narrow.
Using the excuse that a few kids at college acted out their street theater in an obnoxious manner was enough to get you to put on your track shoes is "a tell".

Extremists are extremists.
In other news, water is wet.
It isnt just a few kids but professors as well.

Good luck but that is not so easy in this day and age.

Women's lib of the 70's has become the death blow to women wanting families. They did it to themselves. I feel bad for my daughters but it is what it is.
don't understand how womens' lib in the 70s impairs women from having families. please explain why we should find your post to be true

Back
Top Bottom