• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Regulate & restrict Freedom of Speech/Right to Bear Arms

LEOs have guns so they can fight crime. Why should criminals be able to match their firepower?
well, first .."matching firepower" is a bit of a debate in itself.... i have really no idea what you are talking about in regards to "matching firepower".

and 2nd, are all citizens criminals to you?....

3rd, criminals are criminals because they don't follow the law... so what new law do you have designs on that will make criminals magically abide by it?

LEOs go through firearms training and a background check.

and anyways, why would you want civilians to have the same guns as LEOs?

do you want LEOs to face a fair-fight when taking on robbers & rapists?

my kid is a better shot than most LEOs

because he trains far more than they do and his instructor is far far better than most PDs

and I go through a background check every time I buy a gun and when I got a CCW license

RObbers have illegal machine guns

and why is my life less valuable than a cop's? why shouldn't i be able to own the same defensive weaponry they do

LEOs have guns so they can fight crime. Why should criminals be able to match their firepower?

criminals cannot legally own any guns

get a clue

criminals cannot legally own any guns

get a clue

um....criminals can't own guns only after they have been caught, charged, convicted, served their sentence, and released from prison.

what about the criminals who have yet to get caught?

what about the very silly fact that you can make a private gunsale to ANYONE you like, as long as they are a resident of your state?

no background check, no felony check required.

legal gun owners selling their guns to criminals, no questions asked. Wonderful huh?

Last edited:
well, first .."matching firepower" is a bit of a debate in itself.... i have really no idea what you are talking about in regards to "matching firepower".

and 2nd, are all citizens criminals to you?....

3rd, criminals are criminals because they don't follow the law... so what new law do you have designs on that will make criminals magically abide by it?

what weapon is more deadly (I know you know the answer)

a submachine gun

a 12 G shotgun

a 270 remington bolt action rifle with a 8X scope

the average gun hating ninny will say the submachine gun

some wiser people would note a shotgun with #4 buck can discharge far more lethal projectiles in a couple seconds than a SMG

someone like me will note it depends on the environment

if you are 400 yards from me with a SMG and I have even a single shot rifle with a scope you are gonna lose

and if its 200 yards the shotgun is worthless with buck shot

um....criminals can't own guns only after they have been caught, charged, convicted, served their sentence, and released from prison.

what about the very silly fact that you can make a private gunsale to ANYONE you like, as long as they are a resident of your state?

no background check, no felony check required.

legal gun owners selling their guns to criminals, no questions asked. Wonderful huh?

again violating laws is the way criminals get guns

and in many areas corrupt cops supply drug gangs with weapons

so tell me why I should not be able to own the same guns criminals readily obtain

why do you want criminals to have advantages over the rest of us

"Innocent until proven guilty." It's one of the most basic and essential principles of justice. As much as you might wish otherwise, government and society have no legitimate authority to treat someone as a criminal--and on that basis to deny him any of his basic rights--until he actually commits a crime and is properly tried and convicted thereof.

"Innocent until proven guilty." It's one of the most basic and essential principles of justice. As much as you might wish otherwise, government and society have no legitimate authority to treat someone as a criminal--and on that basis to deny him any of his basic rights--until he actually commits a crime and is properly tried and convicted thereof.

I'd hate to see thunder's proposals to stop rape or lying

you have no clue what I wish, think, believe, etc etc.

when you claim you want to engage in prior restraint to stop people before they have been convicted of a crime we already know how you think

when you claim you want to engage in prior restraint to stop people before they have been convicted of a crime we already know how you think

the civilian population should not own the same guns & weapons used by the military.

the civilian population should not own many of the guns used by law enforcement.

yes, I am not a paranoid conspiracy theorist who thinks that these two entities have been taken over by the "New World Order", and we will have to soon fight them to stop the "Zionist-Illumaniti" from puting us all in FEMA death camps...or whatever.

the civilian population should not own the same guns & weapons used by the military.

the civilian population should not own many of the guns used by law enforcement.

yes, I am not a paranoid conspiracy theorist who thinks that these two entities have been taken over by the "New World Order", and we will have to soon fight them to stop the "Zionist-Illumaniti" from puting us all in FEMA death camps...or whatever.

so I cannot own the same beretta pistol?

we are talking about civilian law enforcement

CIVILIANS are CIVILIANS

and give us a good argument rather than the usual troll BS that we often see from you

since criminals easily obtain REAL MILITARY grade weapons like machine guns, grenades and sometime RPGs or rocket launchers, why should most civilians not even be able to own police grade weapons

why are police more worthy than the rest of us?

so I cannot own the same beretta pistol?

we are talking about civilian law enforcement

CIVILIANS are CIVILIANS....

law enforcement officers & civilians, are a little different.

one needs to be armed to fight crime & save lives, often times against heavily armed homicidal criminals.

they NEED to have dangerous and powerful firearms.

the people they are sworn to protect, do not need to own the same kind of firearms that LEOs can posess.

law enforcement officers & civilians, are a little different.

one needs to be armed to fight crime & save lives, often times against heavily armed homicidal criminals.

they NEED to have dangerous and powerful firearms.

the people they are sworn to protect, do not need to own the same kind of firearms that LEOs can posess.

civilians who are not LEO's stop more crime with guns than cops

Civilians who are not police officers are

1) more likely to hit a criminal

2) not hurt a bystander

than cops are

CIVILIAN POLICE OFFICERS have no GREATER RIGHT TO ENGAGE CRIMINALS WITH DEADLY FORCE THAN THE REST OF US

BTW WHY should cops be using DANGEROUS weapons in an urban environment

what makes a weapon dangerous.

I have carried one for years, never hurt me

...CIVILIAN POLICE OFFICERS have no GREATER RIGHT TO ENGAGE CRIMINALS WITH DEADLY FORCE THAN THE REST OF US

why do you see this as some sort of competition between LEOs and civilians?

this isn't a game to see who can have the better guns. its about who needs them, who's getting trained, who is getting a background check.

but yes, someone who has gone through a background check, should be able to own deadlier guns. I accept that.

why do you see this as some sort of competition between LEOs and civilians?

this isn't a game to see who can have the better guns. its about who needs them, who's getting trained, who is getting a background check.

but yes, someone who has gone through a background check, should be able to own deadlier guns. I accept that.

gee I guess you haven't figured out that law abiding civilians don't "compete with law officers"

that is criminals

My right to protect myself is as legitimate as a cops

if they need them so do I

and you are engaging in contrarian nonsense. You are again arguing without honestly trying to support a position. its mendacity

...My right to protect myself is as legitimate as a cops...

it is not your job to fight crime.

if you see a crime being committed, its not your obligation to stop it by all means necessary.

cops, have such an obligation and job. thats why they get the cooler guns.

:)

if you see a crime being committed, its not your obligation to stop it by all means necessary.

you are getting silly now.

I am done until you start making legitimate posts

its my duty to defend my own life with the best tools available

if I am not willing to do so why should some 27 year old guy making 45K a year risk his life to do so for me?

so if a civilian swears to fight crime, he too can have the "cooler" guns?

in any event, your argument is garbage..... there is no legitimate rationale behind it.

because its his job, that he has sworn to do.

a salary is higher motivation than your own existence?

that's really really stupid

READ A NATION OF COWARDS by Jeffrey Snyder-easily found on the web.

I guess the difference between libs and conservatives is the latter doesn't outsource personal duties to the government

Back
Top Bottom