• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Regardless of what he has done/hasn't done, I'm support President Trumps reelection

If you can show me a symbol used by the Nazis that featured the GOP elephant I'll agree with you.

Seems to me if one company came up with your logo (avatar) with this one already being out there, there might be some type of intellectual property lawsuit.

nazi-eagle-1.jpgAmericized nazi.jpg

Turn your eagle left and replace the swastika that he is perched upon for an elephant...... well, maybe its just me, but I don't see much of a difference here.

Forgive me, but I see zero "thinking" in your statement. Your primary reason here appears to be "no one is going to tell me what to do .... f.... you" I kind of went through that stage at 14.

Do you actually have a legitimate reason to have has your leader someone the fundamentally lacks decency? I clicked on this thread hoping for a little adult logic and I must say I was sorely disappointed.

I support several of the policies President Trump has advanced that Joe Biden will not. I've listed those policies several times but they are generally ignored by the chattering class of Trump haters here.

And dont forget his recorded admission to Woodward that he knew how dangerous the virus really was., but didnt want us to know.

And you believe 50,000 (dead) people in NY and NJ would be alive in April if Trump had told us how deadly the virus is? How stupid do you think people are when they have seen the incompetence of those two states as they watch news reports of thousands dying because Govs Cuomo and Murphy did not work harder to mitigate the impact of the virus? And that was Trump's fault for not stating the obvious deadliness of the virus?

And you believe 50,000 (dead) people in NY and NJ would be alive in April if Trump had told us how deadly the virus is? How stupid do you think people are when they have seen the incompetence of those two states as they watch news reports of thousands dying because Govs Cuomo and Murphy did not work harder to mitigate the impact of the virus? And that was Trump's fault for not stating the obvious deadliness of the virus?
Well actually yes. If trump had listened to the intelligence agencies telling him there was a dangerous virus in china..in November.
And had bothered to do some simple commonsense things to prepare...like make sure the us had supplies of ppe. Had ventilators. Had met with cdc and the airlines to have a plan for travel bans and a plan for screening and isolating returning Americans.
And that's just a short list of common sense thing.
If trump had done that. Most of those Americans eould be alive.

How does that counter the fact that when we did know more about the virus, and knew more about masks, contagion, social distancing...The DOnald undermined it? And then undermined and altered CDC recommendations? And then never developed and shared national recommendations for the states...instead insulting and undermining those governors for not being 'grateful' (for nothing). He called ours a snake for being more successful repressing the outbreak early on. How about for ignoring recommendations and not encouraging states to stay 'closed' longer, instead eagerly encouraging everyone to 'get back to normal' asap despite the dangers (which have been fulfilled)?

If people are that stupid, they are likely the ones that voted for The Donald and would have listened to him the most.

Well actually yes. If trump had listened to the intelligence agencies telling him there was a dangerous virus in china..in November.
And had bothered to do some simple commonsense things to prepare...like make sure the us had supplies of ppe. Had ventilators. Had met with cdc and the airlines to have a plan for travel bans and a plan for screening and isolating returning Americans.
And that's just a short list of common sense thing.
If trump had done that. Most of those Americans eould be alive.

So basically you're saying that Americans were too stupid to notice the virus was deadly and we needed to be careful about contact with others.
You're saying we needed a president, someone who is repeated called a liar, to tell us what was extremely and intuitively obvious to anyone with a half a brain and who watched the news to see people dying in NY and NJ and being buried in unknown graves. Do you also tell your kids to not run with knives or to not jump off buildings for fun?
Why don't you also blame Trump for the multiple hurricanes and floods this year because he removed America from the Paris Climate Accord?
Or how about blaming him for the wildfires in CA and CO because Trump is not convinced Climate Change is occurring all over the world.?

How does that counter the fact that when we did know more about the virus, and knew more about masks, contagion, social distancing...The DOnald undermined it? And then undermined and altered CDC recommendations? And then never developed and shared national recommendations for the states...instead insulting and undermining those governors for not being 'grateful' (for nothing). He called ours a snake for being more successful repressing the outbreak early on. How about for ignoring recommendations and not encouraging states to stay 'closed' longer, instead eagerly encouraging everyone to 'get back to normal' asap despite the dangers (which have been fulfilled)?

If people are that stupid, they are likely the ones that voted for The Donald and would have listened to him the most.

You and jaeger must have failed the same common sense and logic class together.
My message to you is = take responsibility for yourself when you see the obvious.

So basically you're saying that Americans were too stupid to notice the virus was deadly and we needed to be careful about contact with others.
You're saying we needed a president, someone who is repeated called a liar, to tell us what was extremely and intuitively obvious to anyone with a half a brain and who watched the news to see people dying in NY and NJ and being buried in unknown graves. Do you also tell your kids to not run with knives or to not jump off buildings for fun?
Why don't you also blame Trump for the multiple hurricanes and floods this year because he removed America from the Paris Climate Accord?
Or how about blaming him for the wildfires in CA and CO because Trump is not convinced Climate Change is occurring all over the world.?

President Trump personally is utterly repulsive and disgusting in every possible sense.

While he has supported some of the policies I support he has failed on numerous others like controlling the U.S. budget deficit and dealing with the Corona virus.

But I still support President Trump for reelection (even if 500,000 Americans die of the Covid-19 virus).

Why?

I'm not having the media, the entertainment industry and a bunch of government civil servants tell me whom I should or shouldn't vote for. Not going to happen. I think it was General Patton who said "If everybody's agreeing, then no one is thinking". So despite my feelings and views on President Trump I'm still supporting his reelection.

As far as I'm concerned, America and the world will just have to wait a few more years for another president.

I find this post totally deplorable.

You and jaeger must have failed the same common sense and logic class together.
My message to you is = take responsibility for yourself when you see the obvious.

Because if people were required to go out to work to pay their bills EVERY DAY, kids in schools, coming home EVERY DAY, (no shut down) then they would have needed to choose between risking their family's lives and putting food on the table. (Millions of Americans have elderly and at-risk people living with them).

That would have been the choice. Work or risk killing your family.

However the shut down allowed people to stay home and have a better chance of preventing that spread to their families. It led to govt payments to help people, extended and bigger unemployment benefits, bans on evictions and help with mortgages and rent. So no one went hungry or got kicked out of their homes.

It severely slowed down the spread of the virus. However the eagerness of The Donald encouraged opening up too soon. Of course 'the people' wanted to open up sooner...that's why a real leader acts like the adult in the room and makes the tough, unpopular decisions for 'the good of the people.' And The Donald failed miserably.

Get your head out of the sand. I know it's hard for people to admit when they're wrong. He's a miserable failure as a leader...it was especially clear during this crisis. I dont expect you to admit it.

I support several of the policies President Trump has advanced that Joe Biden will not. I've listed those policies several times but they are generally ignored by the chattering class of Trump haters here.
Don't be coy. You support ALL of Trump's policies to weaken, isolate and divide America and boost all the world's autocracies. You also praise Putin, Kim, Erdogan etc. as great leaders while hating the europeans and any other democracy including our own. That is the most important facet of all that Trump does and you cannot support him without owning all that too.

(CNN)Strongman-dominated political systems usually share common traits.
Rooted in a cult of personality, they reinvent reality, define patriotism to serve political ends, and drum up fear about outsiders. They erode democracy, often by elevating one strain of religion, manipulating history, empowering security forces to operate beyond traditional law enforcement frameworks, and corrupting checks on power.

America's robust legal, political and civilian military structure have constrained many of President Donald Trump's actions. But his team is increasingly adopting the narratives of autocracy: The President is railing against left-wing "fascists" and warning in racially charged tones of mob violence in US suburbs -- the areas where the 2020 election will be won and lost, and which he claims a Joe Biden presidency would "abolish."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/world/meanwhile-in-america-july-20-intl/index.html

Last edited:
Don't be coy. You support ALL of Trump's policies to weaken, isolate and divide America and boost all the world's autocracies. You also praise Putin, Kim, Erdogan etc. as great leaders while hating the europeans and any other democracy including our own. That is the most important facet of all that Trump does and you cannot support him without owning all that too.

You are lying of course.

Well to answer your post ..no.
First I expect that most americans..most state governors and most federal congressman..do not have access to the intelligence briefings that the white house received in November telling Trump that China had a deadly virus that could become a pandemic.
So it does not stand to reason to hold average Americans more responsible than the president who had access to that intelligence.
Second..not only did they not have access to the information that trump did...but they all had little power to do anything about it.
Unlike Trump who as president had the power to improve stocks of ppe..could have had a plan in place with the cdc..and the airlines to test returning Americans and isolate as needed..and a host of common sense thingsother things that trump could have done in response to the knowledge he had way back in November.
As far as hurricanes and fires? I am not well versed on his response to the hurricanes and fires...other than I understand his response to Puerto Rico..hurricane was apparently poor.

I agree that lying to Americans is always wrong, regardless of who does the lying.

Some lies have severe, life and death, consequences though:

February 7 and 19 - “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”

February 27 - “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle - it will disappear”.

“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere,” and cases are “coming way down.”

June 17 - The pandemic is “fading away. It’s going to fade away.”

September 10 and 23 - America is “rounding the corner” and “rounding the final turn” of the pandemic.
If Trump is such a big liar, then why do so many people hang on his every word?
Everyone knows he uses hyperbole and false facts to make his points.
And then there are those who love to pick up on his lies and use those to let everyone know he is not telling the truth.

But I still support President Trump for reelection (even if 500,000 Americans die of the Covid-19 virus). Why?

I'm not having the media, the entertainment industry and a bunch of government civil servants tell me whom I should or shouldn't vote for.

So you'll support the guy that FOx and Breitbart, talk Radio, Republican politicians and sheriffs and country music stars tell you to.

See, someone's always supporting one side or the other and someone's always cheerleading. In neither case should we switch our brains off and stop thinking for ourselves and call that making a stand.

First I expect that most americans..most state governors and most federal congressman..do not have access to the intelligence briefings that the white house received in November telling Trump that China had a deadly virus that could become a pandemic.

There is no evidence that Trump received a briefing in November indicating that China had a deadly virus that could become a pandemic.
You just made that up.

Of course, in your Trump-hating mind, Trump coulda/would/shoulda done everything you wanted him to do in order to win your approval. 20/20 Hindsight is such a wonderful thing when you want to make a political statement, isn't it?
Now millions of Americans can punish Trump at the voting booth because now they now know all of the things he should have done in order to deal with a pandemic that hasn't occurred in 100 years.

Because if people were required to go out to work to pay their bills EVERY DAY, kids in schools, coming home EVERY DAY, (no shut down) then they would have needed to choose between risking their family's lives and putting food on the table. (Millions of Americans have elderly and at-risk people living with them).

That would have been the choice. Work or risk killing your family.

However the shut down allowed people to stay home and have a better chance of preventing that spread to their families. It led to govt payments to help people, extended and bigger unemployment benefits, bans on evictions and help with mortgages and rent. So no one went hungry or got kicked out of their homes.

It severely slowed down the spread of the virus. However the eagerness of The Donald encouraged opening up too soon. Of course 'the people' wanted to open up sooner...that's why a real leader acts like the adult in the room and makes the tough, unpopular decisions for 'the good of the people.' And The Donald failed miserably.

Get your head out of the sand. I know it's hard for people to admit when they're wrong. He's a miserable failure as a leader...it was especially clear during this crisis. I dont expect you to admit it.
The real truth lursa..is that if Trump had done a minimum of common sense things..starting in november..
We would not have had to do the shutdowns. Perhaps bars..maybe restaurants..and hybrid schools. But the vast majority of ghe economy could have stayed open
The same goes for now. But..instead it will get ignored. Until we reach crisis. ..and then we will be in lockdown

There is no evidence that Trump received a briefing in November indicating that China had a deadly virus that could become a pandemic.
You just made that up.

Of course, in your Trump-hating mind, Trump coulda/would/shoulda done everything you wanted him to do in order to win your approval. 20/20 Hindsight is such a wonderful thing when you want to make a political statement, isn't it?
Now millions of Americans can punish Trump at the voting booth because now they now know all of the things he should have done in order to deal with a pandemic that hasn't occurred in 100 years.
Au contraire mon frere
The military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI) documented concerns about the initial stages of the pandemic in an intelligence report, two officials familiar with the document told ABC News, which added that the document highlighted how the virus was disrupting life and business and threatened the population in the area.

Intelligence was reportedly obtained through wire and computer intercepts along with satellite images showing the new disease was not under control in China.

The report highlights that officials had knowledge to begin acting against the coronavirus months before it struck the U.S., ABC News noted.

🤦‍♂️ Seriously, you don’t know?

Because, for now, he’s
the president.

Stick around until after Biden’s inauguration in January 2021 to see his follower count drop.
And then there are those who love to pick up on his lies and use those to let everyone know he is not telling the truth.
“False facts”? Is that the same as “alternate facts”?

“Picking up on lies” is a good thing. Pointing out Trump’s lies and sharing the truth with others is even better.

Really pathetic that you are incapable of recognizing good from bad and wrong from correct. No wonder why your a QAnon guy.

You are lying of course.
I wish I were. Believe me. I have never seen such a betrayal of American values as I have seen from Trump AND his supporters. His supporters will need to take a hard look at how they intend to survive without a country. You clearly have abandoned yours.

853561.jpg

President Trump personally is utterly repulsive and disgusting in every possible sense.

While he has supported some of the policies I support he has failed on numerous others like controlling the U.S. budget deficit and dealing with the Corona virus.

But I still support President Trump for reelection (even if 500,000 Americans die of the Covid-19 virus).

Why?

I'm not having the media, the entertainment industry and a bunch of government civil servants tell me whom I should or shouldn't vote for. Not going to happen. I think it was General Patton who said "If everybody's agreeing, then no one is thinking". So despite my feelings and views on President Trump I'm still supporting his reelection.

As far as I'm concerned, America and the world will just have to wait a few more years for another president.
A person supporting trump now, given the mess he has made of our nation and our democracy is very misguided.

Why?

Utter bullshit. You are not voting against the media, or the entertainment industry or the civil servants. They are not on the ballot to vote for or against. You do it for you. You are no different from any other Trump supporter. You are not some cut above the rest of the MAGA hatters in those rallies and you vote for him for the same reason they do. You are attracted to what Trump brings each and every day he is President. You are enamored with his ugly vision, the drama, the chaos, the hatred, the division this man brings. You can decry the words and tweets, to create some implausible distance, but you are not fooling anyone.

Your candidate directly reflects on you and your values. You own a piece of every word, every lie, every betrayal by Donald Trump of this country while he is in that office.

Last edited:

Why?

I respect your position far more than those who try to gaslight us into believing that we're not seeing what we're seeing. Trump is totally repulsive and incompetent.

⁉⁉

I have been trying to figure it out for 4 years...it's mind-boggling how stupid people seem. Lists of his lies are published, yet people still swear his every word is true and turn inside out to create justifications.

You tell me...you seem to be one supports him...do you understand your fellow Donald supporters?

Using 'false facts' is lying. Even you ***** foot around it :rolleyes:

Knowing what you just admitted...how can you support him? It's not like an occasional thing...it's constant and harmful. It's led to people dying.

His knowing it was so dangerous...admitted to Bob Woodward...and hiding it? Resulted in dead people.

You just made that up.

Stop the whining and lies about this. Trump ignored and covered up the virus intelligence for months in a vain and stupid hope that the reports were wrong. Trump is famous for thinking he knows better than the experts in ANY field. The experts at the CDC were available to him and instead we hear Jared bragging that Trump "took the virus away from the doctors". In what world would that be considered a good thing? In Trump world down is up and up is down apparently.

As far back as late November, U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.
Concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), according to two officials familiar with the document’s contents.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/int...isis-early-november-sources/story?id=70031273

🤦‍♂️ Seriously, you don’t know?

Because, for now, he’s
the president.

Stick around until after Biden’s inauguration in January 2021 to see his follower count drop.

“False facts”? Is that the same as “alternate facts”?

“Picking up on lies” is a good thing. Pointing out Trump’s lies and sharing the truth with others is even better.

Really pathetic that you are incapable of recognizing good from bad and wrong from correct. No wonder why your a QAnon guy.

So if the president says it is OK for people to drink fish tank cleaner, he is actually responsible for someone's death if that person is so stupid enough to drink fish tank cleaner.?
Is that like having to tell people not to use a hair dryer while in the bath?
Or if Trump said it was OK to go wading in one of the ponds on his golf course in Florida, he would be held responsible if an alligator attacked someone stupid enough to do that?

Just because he is president, that is no excuse for people to give up using common sense to determine what makes sense and what doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom