• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Regardless of what he has done/hasn't done, I'm support President Trumps reelection

Just wondering, do you understand that "Bias is present when the reporting isn't inline with what I already know." was meant to be a joke?
Okay.. lol... no I did not.
Sadly.. in todays world... and where I live... people say that all the time and mean it.

You're supporting Trump, but not voting for him. What form does your support take? Thinking anti anti Trump thoughts? Posting threads about supporting Trump while not voting for him?

At least.

President Trump personally is utterly repulsive and disgusting in every possible sense.

While he has supported some of the policies I support he has failed on numerous others like controlling the U.S. budget deficit and dealing with the Corona virus.

But I still support President Trump for reelection (even if 500,000 Americans die of the Covid-19 virus).

Why?

I'm not having the media, the entertainment industry and a bunch of government civil servants tell me whom I should or shouldn't vote for. Not going to happen. I think it was General Patton who said "If everybody's agreeing, then no one is thinking". So despite my feelings and views on President Trump I'm still supporting his reelection.

As far as I'm concerned, America and the world will just have to wait a few more years for another president.
Free country. Enjoy your dark November.

And you wrote out that big rant and you're not voting. Hilarious.

I see five pages of posts telling the OP that he is nuts for writing what he did.
And he is not even voting for Trump!
What does that say about the Trump haters who call Trump a liar every chance they get and then participate in five pages of posts over a post they can't believe someone would write.?

I think the perfect message to all of those anti-Trumpers is:

GET A LIFE!

President Trump personally is utterly repulsive and disgusting in every possible sense.

While he has supported some of the policies I support he has failed on numerous others like controlling the U.S. budget deficit and dealing with the Corona virus.

But I still support President Trump for reelection (even if 500,000 Americans die of the Covid-19 virus).

Why?

I'm not having the media, the entertainment industry and a bunch of government civil servants tell me whom I should or shouldn't vote for. Not going to happen. I think it was General Patton who said "If everybody's agreeing, then no one is thinking". So despite my feelings and views on President Trump I'm still supporting his reelection.

As far as I'm concerned, America and the world will just have to wait a few more years for another president.
FWIW, I consider myself a fairly conservative person, politically speaking. But at some point you have to draw a line where character matters and where it does not. Donald Trump crossed my line a long, long time ago. Unfortunately for me, back in 2016, Hillary had crossed that line, too, so I was stuck having to do a write-in that year. If there's a positive from that, I get to live the rest of my life not being either a Trump or Clinton voter, and that helps me sleep at night.

Currently brewing issues from son Hunter's laptop not withstanding, by Washington DC standards I have always considered Joe Biden a decent human being even if he's a bit of a clown at times and whose policies I generally oppose. So my plan is to vote for Biden on November 3rd and, if he wins, the morning of the 4th add the tag "#Resist" to my user profile's signature.

I am many miles apart from the current leadership of both parties. Here's hoping 2024 brings me a choice I can be enthusiastic about.

FWIW, I consider myself a fairly conservative person, politically speaking. But at some point you have to draw a line where character matters and where it does not. Donald Trump crossed my line a long, long time ago. Unfortunately for me, back in 2016, Hillary had crossed that line, too, so I was stuck having to do a write-in that year. If there's a positive from that, I get to live the rest of my life not being either a Trump or Clinton voter, and that helps me sleep at night.

Currently brewing issues from son Hunter's laptop not withstanding, by Washington DC standards I have always considered Joe Biden a decent human being even if he's a bit of a clown at times and whose policies I generally oppose. So my plan is to vote for Biden on November 3rd and, if he wins, the morning of the 4th add the tag "#Resist" to my user profile's signature.

I am many miles apart from the current leadership of both parties. Here's hoping 2024 brings me a choice I can be enthusiastic about.

Conservatives with and who expect character in their elected leaders. Well said, I would do the same if the tables were turned...

I support President Trumps reelection. But as in 2016, I'm not voting in the presidential election.
That seems like a very hypocritical statement. I think I'm sticking with this:

Instead, you try to frame your lack of commitment into some kind of moral High Ground. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Nope, it's not. It's a display of moral cowardice IMO, distancing yourself from accountability.​

What? The media were NEVER in Trump's corner, not even Fox News during the primaries. The 2016 media coverage of Trump was negative, not positive. But voters saw through that in 2016.
Now, unfortunately for all of us, voters have direct proof of his horrific incompetency and self-interest.

None of them should. To endorse someone just proves they only offer biased coverage.
So then conservative and liberal judges are incapable of offering unbiased opinions in their interpretations of the Constitution?

IMO, since I've seen your posting and now, these comments, I'm not sure you understand what the word 'moderate' means.

Everyone on the left maligns Trump's "Keep America Great" slogan.
Not at all. It's connecting that slogan with The Donald that generates astonishment and ridicule.

I agree that lying to Americans is always wrong, regardless of who does the lying.

Some lies have severe, life and death, consequences though:

February 7 and 19 - “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”

February 27 - “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle - it will disappear”.

“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere,” and cases are “coming way down.”

June 17 - The pandemic is “fading away. It’s going to fade away.”

September 10 and 23 - America is “rounding the corner” and “rounding the final turn” of the pandemic.
And dont forget his recorded admission to Woodward that he knew how dangerous the virus really was., but didnt want us to know.

Not a huuuuuge Ayn Rand fan, but this quote definitely applies here: "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."

Why?

Not sure I agree with you critique of President Trump's performance. I don't approve of all his actions, I wouldn't call his repulsive but to each his own. As far as the budget deficit as Nancy loves to say, "the House has the power of the purse". The democrats in the house would have to act on scaling back on the deficit and then the senate would have to vote to agree on whatever measures they deemed appropriate to stop the high deficit spending. Then they have to tackle the large depth. Dealing with Covid, what is missing? He blocked travel into the U.S. he made PPE's and ventilators available, he used the military to build field hospitals, sent a hospital ship to NYC. He has numerous Pharmaceutical companies working on medicines and vaccines for Covid 19. He has pushed for relief packages for the public, the businesses who are hit hard and has offers sent to the house that he is waiting on Nancy Pelosi to bring to a vote.
But I'm happy you are voting Trump. I don't let entertainers, life long politicians nor the media control my decision on who I vote for since none of them appear to be living in the real world.

I see five pages of posts telling the OP that he is nuts for writing what he did.
And he is not even voting for Trump!
What does that say about the Trump haters who call Trump a liar every chance they get and then participate in five pages of posts over a post they can't believe someone would write.?

I think the perfect message to all of those anti-Trumpers is:

GET A LIFE!
We're working on it, I think it should be kicking in january the twentieth.

And pray what is your criteria for bias? How do you determine they are biased? Do you have any logical or objective evidence?
All you have to do is watch them and they have a very obvious bias to the left. But don't take my word for it.

While their reporting may be mostly "factual" it is biased to the left because they have a lefty agenda. They don't report the news fairly.

Not a huuuuuge Ayn Rand fan, but this quote definitely applies here: "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."

I guess it's a question of who defines what's fashionable and what's principled...

All you have to do is watch them and they have a very obvious bias to the left. But don't take my word for it.

While their reporting may be mostly "factual" it is biased to the left because they have a lefty agenda. They don't report the news fairly.
Well.. except for the fact that there is also a number of media that are the "least biased.. according to your source.

So.. you picked a few examples that are biased left.
but left out examples of unbiased
And left out examples that were center right
and left out examples that were hard right.

So.. it would appear that when it comes to discussing bias in the media... you are biased.

Well.. except for the fact that there is also a number of media that are the "least biased.. according to your source.

So.. you picked a few examples that are biased left.
but left out examples of unbiased
And left out examples that were center right
and left out examples that were hard right.

So.. it would appear that when it comes to discussing bias in the media... you are biased.
I said the most of the mainstream media are biased to the left. You wanted evidence of how I arrived at that conclusion. I posted it. The ones I posted are the biggest MSM media. I salute AP, Reuters, and others for not being biased and I'm also against right leaning media reporting with a bias. My main point was that the left seem to think the ones I posted are not biased and I proved they were.

I said the most of the mainstream media are biased to the left. You wanted evidence of how I arrived at that conclusion. I posted it. The ones I posted are the biggest MSM media. I salute AP, Reuters, and others for not being biased and I'm also against right leaning media reporting with a bias. My main point was that the left seem to think the ones I posted are not biased and I proved they were.
Actually.. no the ones you posted were not the biggest MSM. Because there are literally thousands of affiliates that fall into the non biased categories.
Heck.. fox news is the most watched news organization.

As of June 2020, Fox News was the most-watched cable news network in the United States and continues to do well in terms of its primetime audience, with around 3.97 million primetime viewers in that month.

So.. the reality is that in fact.. the mainstream media as you define it... is mostly biased to the right.

Actually.. no the ones you posted were not the biggest MSM. Because there are literally thousands of affiliates that fall into the non biased categories.
Heck.. fox news is the most watched news organization.

So.. the reality is that in fact.. the mainstream media as you define it... is mostly biased to the right.
Wow. You used to be a reasonable person at one time. Now you are claiming that the big media aren't really big at all because they are made up of hundreds of affiliates. That's being quite dishonest.

Wow. You used to be a reasonable person at one time. Now you are claiming that the big media aren't really big at all because they are made up of hundreds of affiliates. That's being quite dishonest.
Nope.. I am still reasonably pointing out that 1. you purposely ignored that Fox news.. which is biased right.. is the most watched media program.
But somehow.. according to you.. that must not be "mainstream"....
despite being the most watched media program

2. You completely ignored that there were tons of other mainstream media.. affiliates of the bigger outlets.. that are "less biased".
In fact.. if you were to add up majority of viewer ship...basically the mainstream media.. what most people watch.. is center to right.

Why?

Forgive me, but I see zero "thinking" in your statement. Your primary reason here appears to be "no one is going to tell me what to do .... f.... you" I kind of went through that stage at 14.

Do you actually have a legitimate reason to have has your leader someone the fundamentally lacks decency? I clicked on this thread hoping for a little adult logic and I must say I was sorely disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom