• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Red States seeing doctors refusing to work there

And entire article based on one staffing firm supposedly having 20 people turn down calls about a job. LOL. That’s amusing.

Guess we shall see how this plays out.
Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Odd, how history tends to repeat itself.

Doctors like working in Virginia. Not all doctors are abortion doctors for ****s sake.
Of course they're not, but I imagine many of them clearly see the possibility of far-reaching, negative ramifications due to these anti-choice laws, no matter what kind of medicine they practice.

And entire article based on one staffing firm supposedly having 20 people turn down calls about a job. LOL. That’s amusing.

Guess we shall see how this plays out.
So, are you telling yourself that those 20 doctors are the only ones, and that staffing firm is an anomoly?

Here's another article that takes a broader view of the Roe v Wade decision's possible ramifications for OB GYNs and abortion doctors, for those of you interested in an A-Z approach, rather than stopping at B.

"Medical experts are not only worried about the immediate loss of health services in red states when bans take effect, but also the longer-term effects of a generation of OB-GYNs avoiding those states in the future.

“The people graduating medical school now, where will they be looking for residencies? Not in a state that doesn’t allow them to practice freely,” warned Tracey Wilkinson, an assistant professor of pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine and a board member at Physicians for Reproductive Health. “Anecdotally, we’re already hearing residents who are currently here say they do not want to stay in Indiana. We already have multiple counties without OB-GYN care, and this is going to have downstream effects.” "

Put abortion on the ballet and let the voters decide the issue.

Saying red states don't believe in science and should go back to leeches is not a fact. Nothing wrong with prayers.
Nothing wrong with leeches either, if you're a republican.

What a hateful response. You should be on The View. Be glad that states can choose their own abortion laws.
States choice? I didn't choose my abortion laws. The were imposed, overnight.

You think people can just move around the country willy nilly when their reproductive care gets axed? On again, off again, depending on the state elected government every four years? Are you nuts?
This has been a national right for fifty years. Excuse me while I freak out at this over night freak show.

I'm so sick of the right pretending to be naive about these laws. They aren't just for people who want to terminate a pregnancy.

They affect parents, who don't want their child to carry a rapists child, they don't want their kids to have uncle Donalds child from incest. Two wrongs don't make it right.

Women don't want to suffer excruciating pain during miscarriages like it's the 1800's or suffer sepsis, or bleed out during an ectopic waiting for the docs legal team to advise them.

They want medication, that isn't restricted for other illnesses because it could be used for abortions and the system doesn't trust us not to sell it.

Stop acting like you don't know how harmful this is, it's just worth it to extremist loons. That's what it is, and it's sickening.

Red state teacher exodus, physician exodus...fantastic! Nothing left but true believers celebrating life and relying on Jesus to provide education and health care.

Of course they're not, but I imagine many of them clearly see the possibility of far-reaching, negative ramifications due to these anti-choice laws, no matter what kind of medicine they practice.
"That tumor carries human DNA! Are we certain God didn't intend for that to grow in your colon?

Stop acting like you don't know how harmful this is, it's just worth it to extremist loons. That's what it is, and it's sickening.
Letting the people decide is as fair a way of deciding the matter as any other way. Abortion is a highly divisive issue, if you haven't noticed. I, and many other people, happen to believe it is the murder of unborn children. You can paint that as extreme if you want, but it's no less valid a view than the Democrat Party's stance, which is to allow abortion up until the date of birth. I see that as extreme. Most people want abortion to be allowed, but with reasonable restrictions. Obviously what is considered reasonable varies widely by the person.

It serves the country's divisive attitude better to have a variety of laws according to each state, than to have a blanket federal law favoring one side or the other.

Letting the people decide is as fair a way of deciding the matter as any other way. Abortion is a highly divisive issue, if you haven't noticed. I, and many other people, happen to believe it is the murder of unborn children. You can paint that as extreme if you want, but it's no less valid a view than the Democrat Party's stance, which is to allow abortion up until the date of birth. I see that as extreme. Most people want abortion to be allowed, but with reasonable restrictions. Obviously what is considered reasonable varies widely by the person.

It serves the country's divisive attitude better to have a variety of laws according to each state, than to have a blanket federal law favoring one side or the other.
They will decide themselves right into a new Dark Age.

But yes - educators, physicians, and other individuals in high-skilled professions will continue the exodus from these states, and leave the theocrats with the society they pushed for.

Letting people decide a woman's human rights? No, it shouldn't be voted on, nor dictated. It should just be accepted, because we deserve the same rights as a man, and the same healthcare, and the same quality of life.

People who don't want an abortion don't have to get one. That's the only choice there should be.

Letting people decide a woman's human rights? No, it shouldn't be voted on, nor dictated. It should just be accepted, because we deserve the same rights as a man, and the same healthcare, and the same quality of life.

People who don't want an abortion don't have to get one. That's the only choice there should be.
So you gender is a female.

Back
Top Bottom