• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Red States seeing doctors refusing to work there

Call a moving company and move.
What if you have a business, you can't just pick up and move that, you're invested in the state.

Plus, what if you like it there.

It's ridiculous that we'd have to travel around looking for which state will give us reproductive care and which state our child wouldn't have to carry a rapists baby in, that every woman and family has a right too and has had for 50 years.

What kind of country do you want? Sound more to me you fancy Europe, with different countries, not the United States of America.

What if you have a business, you can't just pick up and move that, you're invested in the state.

Plus, what if you like it there.

It's ridiculous that we'd have to travel around looking for which state will give us reproductive care and which state our child wouldn't have to carry a rapists baby in, that every woman and family has a right too and has had for 50 years.

What kind of country do you want? Sound more to me you fancy Europe, with different countries, not the United States of America.
That would depend on the type of business. If you like your state your are going have to make a choice. I agree with you about reproductive rights. I want a better country than we currently have. No I fancy the US.

Letting people decide a woman's human rights? No, it shouldn't be voted on, nor dictated. It should just be accepted, because we deserve the same rights as a man, and the same healthcare, and the same quality of life.

People who don't want an abortion don't have to get one. That's the only choice there should be.
The child in that scenario doesn't get any choice, it is just killed. We on the right advocate for them, as they are truly defenseless.
There is no right to abortion in the Constitution, the Roe v Wade court made that up out of thin air. The current court returned the issue to the people, where it belongs. I don't know what you guys are so upset about. I'm sure you'll be able to kill plenty of babies in most of the country. And if you can't, you can take a short trip to get it done.

The child in that scenario doesn't get any choice, it is just killed. We on the right advocate for them, as they are truly defenseless.
There is no right to abortion in the Constitution, the Roe v Wade court made that up out of thin air. The current court returned the issue to the people, where it belongs. I don't know what you guys are so upset about. I'm sure you'll be able to kill plenty of babies in most of the country. And if you can't, you can take a short trip to get it done.
That's the most vile ignorant crap I've read on here, from someone without the womb to create live no less. Who are you to judge when life begins? Because of your ignorance, you are forcing women in this country to create the children you fantasize about in their womb, before they're children.
It's just the ingredient, and it can be aborted, miscarried, or misplaced before viability. The baby comes at the sacrifice of my body, and hard work. You do nothing, yet you judge. You are not the image of your God, your God is the mirror image of your fantasies.

I'm not a Christian, and you can't force Christian beliefs on me. I don't think abortion is killing babies, that's your fantasy and it's pretty sick one. Your fantasy is causing pain, and fear but I'm sure you justify that with your fantasy.

I have no intention of going back to the dark ages, where religious laws rule as government, and women's healthcare suffers because of it.

That fantasy of yours isn't going to come true. Republicans have gone way too far this time, and you'll be told in November. We aren't a Christian Nation yet, that's just another fantasy.

If you're trying to scare all the sane men, women and parents into voting blue in November, you're doing a great job because this post is sobering.

That would depend on the type of business. If you like your state your are going have to make a choice. I agree with you about reproductive rights. I want a better country than we currently have. No I fancy the US.
That's not a choice. I can't make a choice between my or my two daughters reproductive healthcare or my business.

There's no choice there, even though I've had my business in this state for twenty years, even if I love it here, there's no choice.

Could you make that choice?

Of course I'm leaving, and it will be devastating financially to do it, but choice? There is no CHOICE. My children's health comes first. I only hope I have to do this once.

I'll tell you though, this country has really let me and my family down.

Saying red states don't believe in science and should go back to leeches is not a fact. Nothing wrong with prayers.
Science says that before week 10 the fetus is nothing more than a total brainless amoeba. The fetus is approximately three centimeters long and weighs around four grams. In week 12, the fetus has grown to approximately 5.5 cm and weighs in at 15 small grams.

Science says that before week 10 the fetus is nothing more than a total brainless amoeba. The fetus is approximately three centimeters long and weighs around four grams. In week 12, the fetus has grown to approximately 5.5 cm and weighs in at 15 small grams.
You may have to explain how much a gram weighs. I'll save you the trouble:

An ounce weighs 28.35 grams. So 15 grams is slightly over half-an-ounce. They can figure out centimeters for themselves.

because of fears of Roe v Wade restrictions. More blowback.

Yep, unintended consequences are a thing.

That's the most vile ignorant crap I've read on here, from someone without the womb to create live no less. Who are you to judge when life begins? Because of your ignorance, you are forcing women in this country to create the children you fantasize about in their womb, before they're children.
I'm not forcing women to do anything. I have my opinion, which you are free to disagree with. But everyone gets to vote to let their voices be heard.
As I said before, most of the country seems to want to allow abortion, with some sort of restrictions applied. What those restrictions are is what people are arguing about.

They affect parents, who don't want their child to carry a rapists child, they don't want their kids to have uncle Donalds child from incest. Two wrongs don't make it right.
Is there a state in the union where they do not allow abortions for rape or incest? Sincere question.
I know that's not the case in Indiana, where they just passed their abortion law. And Indiana is probably the most conservative state in the nation, or close to it.

Call a moving company and move.
You don't really mean that. Or are you just too stupid to know that is the least of a doctor's issues in changing states.

Letting the people decide is as fair a way of deciding the matter as any other way. Abortion is a highly divisive issue, if you haven't noticed. I, and many other people, happen to believe it is the murder of unborn children. You can paint that as extreme if you want, but it's no less valid a view than the Democrat Party's stance, which is to allow abortion up until the date of birth. I see that as extreme. Most people want abortion to be allowed, but with reasonable restrictions. Obviously what is considered reasonable varies widely by the person.

It serves the country's divisive attitude better to have a variety of laws according to each state, than to have a blanket federal law favoring one side or the other.
Citation, please.

It was the right to privacy which was cited in Griswold v. Connecticut. Griswold was relied upon by the Roe court in its decision. What you are claiming and the Dobbs majority are claiming is made up out of thin air.

Citation, please.
"This bill prohibits governmental restrictions on the provision of, and access to, abortion services." This was the bill the Dems tried to pass in response to the leak from the court. If state governments cannot restrict abortion, then it allows it to go unchecked, as noted by several Republican representatives.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3755

It was the right to privacy which was cited in Griswold v. Connecticut. Griswold was relied upon by the Roe court in its decision. What you are claiming and the Dobbs majority are claiming is made up out of thin air.
As the court decided, turning a right to privacy into a right to abortion was quite a stretch, too much of a stretch in fact. Anyway, now the people get to vote, why is that a bad thing? We on the right don't want to live by your rules. You on the left do not want to live by our rules. Fair enough. The only way we are going to live together when we are so deeply divided politically is to let us live our way in red states and you can live your way in blue states. That's not good enough for lefties though, because they want complete control at the federal level, which would allow them to rule over red states against their will.

because of fears of Roe v Wade restrictions. More blowback.

There will definitely be a brain drain in the Red States.

If an 16 y/o girl makes a bad decision and gets pregnant from a guy who tells her he loves her...should that bad decision basically torpedo her entire future? Could you imagine if men where held to this same standard where the law forced the ramifications of their poor decision to follow them for the rest of their life?
Good one. The sarcasm was almost too subtle to spot.

Likely because it wasn't there.
That's okay. Having even a little bit of critical thinking ability may seem like a low bar, but there's plenty of people who don't meet it. Don't feel bad.

That's okay. Having even a little bit of critical thinking ability may seem like a low bar, but there's plenty of people who don't meet it. Don't feel bad.
Your posts sound like you've been in a bar most of your life. It's okay...a lot of people post things while they are drunk. You're not alone.

Angry man alert!

If an 16 y/o girl makes a bad decision and gets pregnant from a guy who tells her he loves her...should that bad decision basically torpedo her entire future? Could you imagine if men where held to this same standard where the law forced the ramifications of their poor decision to follow them for the rest of their life?

1:20 in

"This bill prohibits governmental restrictions on the provision of, and access to, abortion services." This was the bill the Dems tried to pass in response to the leak from the court. If state governments cannot restrict abortion, then it allows it to go unchecked, as noted by several Republican representatives.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3755

As the court decided, turning a right to privacy into a right to abortion was quite a stretch, too much of a stretch in fact. Anyway, now the people get to vote, why is that a bad thing? We on the right don't want to live by your rules. You on the left do not want to live by our rules. Fair enough. The only way we are going to live together when we are so deeply divided politically is to let us live our way in red states and you can live your way in blue states. That's not good enough for lefties though, because they want complete control at the federal level, which would allow them to rule over red states against their will.
Live by my rules? What rules? It's the right-wing nutters who are making the rules. You don't have to get an abortion. Your life is not, in any way, interfered with by giving you a choice of what to do with it - especially if you are a man. But, the right is trying, and succeeding in places, to dictate to all women how they should live if they become pregnant. Tell us, please, how your life is any different from giving you a choice about your bodily autonomy. If everyone in each state felt exactly the same about abortion, there would be no need for your rules. But, just because it's a red state, doesn't mean that the state can run roughshod over all women's right to determine what will happen to them for the rest of their lives, but only if they live through pregnancy and childbirth. Maybe you also believe that the law in a red (or blue) state should prohibit blood transfusions because it is a religious tenet of a religion. Oh, you want that option. How strange. Only your religious beliefs should be codified into law, forcing them on people who do not believe the same.

Tell us, please, how your life is any different from giving you a choice about your bodily autonomy.
It's not about my life, it's about protecting those who cannot protect themselves, the unborn.

Back
Top Bottom