• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recession in 2023? A 98% Chance.

There's a 98% chance of a global recession.

New York CNN Business —
"Warning lights are flashing in the global economy as high inflation, drastic rate hikes and the war in Ukraine take their toll.
There is currently a 98.1% chance of a global recession, according to a probability model run by Ned Davis Research.
The only other times that recession model was this high has been during severe economic downturns, most recently in 2020 and during the global financial crisis of 2008 and
2009."

Save us, Joe! :poop:
Iess than 20% chance of mild recession

So, Ned Davis Research said there was going to be a recession.

And they are an investment consulting term. Sounds like a bit of market manipulation.

I was one class short of an economics minor, and if there is one thing I learned is that economists can accurately predict the economy about as far out as we can accurately predict the weather.
Ain't that the truth. Probability models.....good grief.

How deep? how long?

The FED has saved the country.

Good job!

Joe is doing well. Make sure to vote for him! 🗳
I love that our president can control global inflation and prevent or cause recession.

I wish he didn't make inflation so high for the past few years, but at least he's dialing it back now. Definitely a great leader.

There's a 98% chance of a global recession.

New York CNN Business —
"Warning lights are flashing in the global economy as high inflation, drastic rate hikes and the war in Ukraine take their toll.
There is currently a 98.1% chance of a global recession, according to a probability model run by Ned Davis Research.
The only other times that recession model was this high has been during severe economic downturns, most recently in 2020 and during the global financial crisis of 2008 and
2009."

Save us, Joe! :poop:
it appears he did.

it appears he did.
Dark Brandon definitely has completely controlled global inflation and economic activity for the past several years. He keeps saying that he can't possibly control the entire globe, but he is just so modest and humble, huh?

That is just nonsense. Why would anyone want to see their portfolio drop, and pay these ridiculous surges in prices.
Because the people pulling the GOP's strings don't feel the pinch like everyone else does.

Dark Brandon definitely has completely controlled global inflation and economic activity for the past several years. He keeps saying that he can't possibly control the entire globe, but he is just so modest and humble, huh?
your system is so genius.

your system is so genius.
Dark Brandon gave us the soft landing we wanted. He was so modest about not being able to do it, and he won't brag about it, but he did it, didn't he?

Are you upset about that?

Dark Brandon gave us the soft landing we wanted. He was so modest about not being able to do it, and he won't brag about it, but he did it, didn't he?

Are you upset about that?
i think AI programmers should read your posts.

M
i think AI programmers should read your posts.
Maybe.

But you Trumpers will still never give Biden credit for the inflation rates and economic conditions, will you?

Prognosticators often get caught up in hype. Even negative hype. There's no road map for a recession, they often come for different reasons and are therefore hard to predict. Just because it didn't hit in 2023 doesn't mean its not going to hit in 2024. There has never been this combination of events of massive irresponsible government spending, supply issues, a pandemic which increased then unleashed savings and a historic rise in rates. Anyone who tells you they know exactly what is going to happen and when its going to happen is lying.

Back
Top Bottom