• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recession in 2023? A 98% Chance.

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
There's a 98% chance of a global recession.

New York CNN Business —
"Warning lights are flashing in the global economy as high inflation, drastic rate hikes and the war in Ukraine take their toll.
There is currently a 98.1% chance of a global recession, according to a probability model run by Ned Davis Research.
The only other times that recession model was this high has been during severe economic downturns, most recently in 2020 and during the global financial crisis of 2008 and
2009."

Save us, Joe! :poop:

New York CNN Business —
"Warning lights are flashing in the global economy as high inflation, drastic rate hikes and the war in Ukraine take their toll.
There is currently a 98.1% chance of a global recession, according to a probability model run by Ned Davis Research.
The only other times that recession model was this high has been during severe economic downturns, most recently in 2020 and during the global financial crisis of 2008 and
2009."

Massive stimulus to the rescue.

2.5 trillion dollar deficits until 2028.

It will be coming regardless of president

New York CNN Business —
2009."

I was one class short of an economics minor, and if there is one thing I learned is that economists can accurately predict the economy about as far out as we can accurately predict the weather.

I'm thinking if the GOP takes back the House and/or Senate, Joe will have someone to blame.

I'm thinking if the GOP takes back the House and/or Senate, Joe will have someone to blame.
The reverse applies equally. If they don't re-take the house or the senate, the GOP will blame democrats. The thing to remember is that the operative word in the OP article is 'GLOBAL'. No president has much control over a global recession.

Republicans and those pretending to be Republicans still desperately hope for a recession. Remember that.
That is just nonsense. Why would anyone want to see their portfolio drop, and pay these ridiculous surges in prices.

That is just nonsense. Why would anyone want to see their portfolio drop, and pay these ridiculous surges in prices.

Politicians get bribed during recessions, more so with stimulus money

Not logical, what does someone's comment have to do with what the Republicans have done?
So then. when Joe said inflation is good, he was complimenting the Republicans?

Na. That was the Chinese bat fever.
You're probably right, with the way I left the last debate, my work would have been destroyed without his handling of the pandemic, and very difficult otherwise.

Last edited:
So then. when Joe said inflation is good, he was complimenting the Republicans?
Don't know, don't care, don't take anything my elected officials say seriously.

I'd have to see the context.

He must have been drawing some contrast.

New York CNN Business —
2009."

I spend a lot of time reading investment articles and have decided that pundits, experts and other miscreants in the financial prediction world don't have a clue what they're talking about. There will be opposing predictions of a) dire warnings of impeding disaster and b) historical bull market rallies daily. Sometimes from people who work for the same investment firms.

There's an old joke that if you lined up all the economists in the world end-to-end they would reach no conclusion.

But @Grandpappy if you're really worried I've heard that Bitcoin is a sound investment.

It's not nonsense. The GOP has always wanted a good wedge issue to blame on the democrats. It's called owning the libs. They've been secretly praying for a recession for over a year.

Tell us what the GQP will do if they win back control. All I keep hearing are revenge strategies and impeachments. I have not yet heard one sound idea coming from a republican lawmaker that will help Americans.

It's not nonsense. The GOP has always wanted a good wedge issue to blame on the democrats. It's called owning the libs. They've been secretly praying for a recession for over a year.

Tell us what the GQP will do if they win back control. All I keep hearing are revenge strategies and impeachments. I have not yet heard one sound idea coming from a republican lawmaker that will help Americans.
I mean, when a Trumper/GOP fan starts a thread referencing the likelihood of a GLOBAL recession but finishes with a comment mocking Biden for something admittedly out of his control, can there really be any doubt even a harmful wedge issue is more valuable to them than no wedge at all?

And yes, I'd love to hear of the republican strategy to head this off when they gain the super majority they are predicting in both the house and senate.

And yes, I'd love to hear of the republican strategy to head this off when they gain the super majority they are predicting in both the house and senate.
Blame China again?

I mean, when a Trumper/GOP fan starts a thread referencing the likelihood of a GLOBAL recession but finishes with a comment mocking Biden for something admittedly out of his control, can there really be any doubt even a harmful wedge issue is more valuable to them than no wedge at all?

Reinstate Trump's energy policies. That would be good start. At some gas stations here, premium (91 octane) is over $7 a gallon.

Still amazes the bejezes out of me how the World economy is all the POTUS' fault.
Because the U.S. has the world's dominant economy and financial system, and because so many economies around the globe depend on the health of the U.S. economy, the fallout was widespread and severe, causing market slumps worldwide and a global economic recession.- Wiki.

Back
Top Bottom