• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recent undesirable site behaviour

ASHES

An Uncertain Person
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Had a couple of recurring issues start recently. Maybe related to some recent work on the back end?

1) Posts are being saved as drafts in the text box after the post is posted (not every time, seems random, but a few times a day, unrelated to multiple tabs)

2) Sometimes when I click on a new notification, it takes me first to where it should, whichever post triggered the alert, but then quickly redirects to my last read post in the thread, even if it's on a different page.

Unsure if these issues are related, but they both seem to have started happening in the last few days.

Edge on IOS

Had a couple of recurring issues start recently. Maybe related to some recent work on the back end?

1) Posts are being saved as drafts in the text box after the post is posted (not every time, seems random, but a few times a day, unrelated to multiple tabs)

2) Sometimes when I click on a new notification, it takes me first to where it should, whichever post triggered the alert, but then quickly redirects to my last read post in the thread, even if it's on a different page.

Unsure if these issues are related, but they both seem to have started happening in the last few days.

Edge on IOS

I had a problem with browser addons blocking certain features and messing others up. Disabling them one at a time helped me find the culprit.

I had a problem with browser addons blocking certain features and messing others up. Disabling them one at a time helped me find the culprit.
I'm on an iPhone, I don't have any browser add-ons.

I'm on an iPhone, I don't have any browser add-ons.
Maybe feature updates? My phone tries to delete apps if I don't use them enough.

Probably due to your configuration and updates on your system
I run 3 browsers, Edge, Opera, Brave on an Acer Nitro, 32 gig.
Never have any problems...except for the sometimes-idiot operator. :)

I run 3 browsers, Edge, Opera, Brave on an Acer Nitro, 32 gig.
Never have any problems...except for the sometimes-idiot operator. :)
It's an iPhone, really not much for me to configure. I'm going to switch to Safari for a few days and see if it continues.

It's an iPhone, really not much for me to configure. I'm going to switch to Safari for a few days and see if it continues.
Sometimes I get replies to my posts without an Alert notification. It's infrequent but does seem to be a database glitch and not my system.

With respect:

It's probably from spending too much time on DP.

Edge on IOS
I thought that was just me... Chrome mobile and desktop.

Just an update, since using Safari (iOS), I have noticed the alerts misdirection and saved draft/double post features are still included.

C16F2BC9-96B3-499E-B8C8-163F9FC71728.png

Just an update, since using Safari (iOS), I have noticed the alerts misdirection and saved draft/double post features are still included.

View attachment 67400359
Mine hasn't been taking me to the reply in the alert, either. I'm on an Android with Chrome, use Google. So it's probably something in the DP software?

Mine hasn't been taking me to the reply in the alert, either. I'm on an Android with Chrome, use Google. So it's probably something in the DP software?
Maybe. I haven't had the issue in awhile though.

I just got replies without an alert too.
That does sound undesirable. Wish I could help, but other than a different browser (I prefer using Edge on Android) and letting them know (which you now have), not sure what you can do.

That does sound undesirable. Wish I could help, but other than a different browser (I prefer using Edge on Android) and letting them know (which you now have), not sure what you can do.
I can live with it. Can I start a thread here about Smart tvs?

I can live with it. Can I start a thread here about Smart tvs?
Absolutely. Complaints, questions, tips, this is the right forum.

Back
Top Bottom