• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Re: Suckers; Was Trump Correct?

Did those who died in most American Wars Suckers and Losers?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rather not think about such horrible thoughts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I was thinking of the Watergate tapes. My memory of that has faded but wasn’t Nixon forced by the courts to release them? It might take time but eventually the truth will come out if he said anything negative about soldiers. As far as the comment to McCain I viewed it as referring to his presidential bid loss.

yeah, the SCOTUS ordered Nixon to release the tapes.

Nixon White House tapes - Wikipedia

as for the other part :

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured' - POLITICO

From your link (yes I read them when provided and thanks)
At a press availability following his remarks, Trump denied saying that McCain isn’t a war hero and said, “If somebody’s a prisoner, I consider them a war hero.”
Is saying someone isn’t a war hero and calling them a loser one and the same? Is saying you prefer to like those who weren’t captured the same as calling those who were losers? I think not.

From your link (yes I read them when provided and thanks)

Is saying someone isn’t a war hero and calling them a loser one and the same? Is saying you prefer to like those who weren’t captured the same as calling those who were losers? I think not.

Let's be real here. Trump nailed it. People who died in wars that had nothing to do with defending America were suckers.

I say we embrace that truth. It's rare when the man speaks it.

Nice try.

He didn’t make that comment.

And the fact that the Biden Campaign has concocted this scheme indicates that Democrats must think war veterans were losers and suckers.

Which is pretty much in line with the Democratic party platform.

He was obviously talking about McCain’s campaign bid. Trump supported him but he lost making him a loser. Then the reporter tossed in the thing about him being a war hero. He didn’t believe he was simply because he got caught. Two different things.

I suppose another debate could be over what makes someone a hero. It can be a discussion that can trigger some people I’m not as brave as cal.

He was obviously talking about McCain’s campaign bid. Trump supported him but he lost making him a loser. Then the reporter tossed in the thing about him being a war hero. He didn’t believe he was simply because he got caught. Two different things.

I suppose another debate could be over what makes someone a hero. It can be a discussion that can trigger some people I’m not as brave as cal.

He said exactly what he is accused of saying about McCain. There's no debate about it.

He said exactly what he is accused of saying about McCain. There's no debate about it.

Helix I watched your video four times and didn’t hear what you think he said. At the very beginning of the clip you shared was he not talking about the fact that he supported McCain financially in his bid for the presidency and yet McCain lost?

Helix I watched your video four times and didn’t hear what you think he said. At the very beginning of the clip you shared was he not talking about the fact that he supported McCain financially in his bid for the presidency and yet McCain lost?

he said everything that he was quoted saying. i understand that it's a lot easier when the fool doesn't do it on film. he did that time, though.

he said everything that he was quoted saying. i understand that it's a lot easier when the fool doesn't do it on film. he did that time, though.
Did he say what I pointed out?

he definitely said what i pointed out.
Ok. I guess I’m wasting our time. Thanks for sharing.

Ok. I guess I’m wasting our time. Thanks for sharing.

no problem. at least it was an interesting discussion. have a good labor day.

Let's be real here. Trump nailed it. People who died in wars that had nothing to do with defending America were suckers.

I say we embrace that truth. It's rare when the man speaks it.

Edit: the first word should have been "are." I was going to write a slightly different sentence "did those who died in most American wars die in vain," but then I decided to use Trump's exact words and forgot to edit.

First of all, that sentiment could not apply to anyone who found himself on the battlefield due to the draft. That kind of leaves us with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Were the people who fought there 'losers and suckers?' I suppose if you believe we were lied into the war in Iraq than it follows that the soldiers who volunteered to go there got suckered. I dont buy that. People knowingly and willingly fight and die for things other than country. Doing that doesnt make one a sucker or a loser.

I think that was my dad's point.

Then your dad had a selfish point of view. Transactional, just like Donald Trump.

Then your dad had a selfish point of view. Transactional, just like Donald Trump.

My wife notices the similarities.

Just to remind you and others on here a LOT of people did NOT volunteer to go in the service they were drafted and had very little choice in the matter
Yes they could have gone to Canada or if their family had the money like Trump did they could have come up with a case of flat feet or heal spears
but most of them did their time in the service and deserve respect for that
Have a nice day

Well said, thank you.

As of this post, not one single trump supporter will say whether or not those who died in our wars are "suckers and losers."

Not. One.

And the reason for this is extremely simple: when they finally stop pretending he didn't say it, they'll need to start arguing that fallen and captured American soldiers are in fact losers and suckers.

By the time Trump is done with them, they'll believe in nothing good at all. Trump is removing all of their positive principles, one day at a time.

As of this post, not one single trump supporter will say whether or not those who died in our wars are "suckers and losers."

Not. One.

And the reason for this is extremely simple: when they finally stop pretending he didn't say it, they'll need to start arguing that fallen and captured American soldiers are in fact losers and suckers.

By the time Trump is done with them, they'll believe in nothing good at all. Trump is removing all of their positive principles, one day at a time.

I've already provided them with an argument. Just say all the useless wars were started by Democrats. ;)

I've already provided them with an argument. Just say all the useless wars were started by Democrats. ;)

The truth occasionally hurts.

The truth occasionally hurts.

Technically, it is true. Right? I mean, except for that war which was not about slavery, the Dems started them all. Never mind that there was no GOP back in the late 17 and early 1800's. That's immaterial.

Well, there was that pesky war Theo Roosevelt started as Sec of State, but hey---most people think he was his cousin Frank anyway.

Technically, it is true. Right? I mean, except for that war which was not about slavery, the Dems started them all. Never mind that there was no GOP back in the late 17 and early 1800's. That's immaterial.

Well, there was that pesky war Theo Roosevelt started as Sec of State, but hey---most people think he was his cousin Frank anyway.

W. and Dad started Father and son wars with Iraq. But, for the most part of history, we've always been the war-mongers.

Many Democrats and certainly the Democratic Party WANT Americans to die in wars. IN FACT, over 90% of American war deaths have been under Democratic leadership and more Americans have literally been killed by Democrats in war than any foreign country. The Democratic Party has always been and is the party of racism, bigotry, hate, destruction, war and death - the more American deaths the better.

If you love war and death, if you are a racist and hate monger, then the Democratic Party is for you.

Many Democrats and certainly the Democratic Party WANT Americans to die in wars. IN FACT, over 90% of American war deaths have been under Democratic leadership and more Americans have literally been killed by Democrats in war than any foreign country. The Democratic Party has always been and is the party of racism, bigotry, hate, destruction, war and death - the more American deaths the better.

If you love war and death, if you are a racist and hate monger, then the Democratic Party is for you.

why do you constantly post such inane nonsense?

Back
Top Bottom