• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rashida Tlaib backs off plans for Israel trip, citing "oppressive conditions" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel doesnt have authority over diplomats alone travelling to the west bank-- but all people travelling there

I do not understand your claim. I expressed mine clearly. When the House is the one which is responsible for initiating the budget bills which include a generous Israeli aid, any US representative should have unrestricted access to the West Bank.

I do not understand your claim. I expressed mine clearly. When the House is the one which is responsible for initiating the budget bills which include a generous Israeli aid, any US representative should have unrestricted access to the West Bank.

Which law states that?

You need better sources than townhall.com, they're a right wing site that publishes such debunked right wing conspiracy theorists as Dennis Prager and Anne Coulter. Obviously they're going to agree with anything Trump says or does.

Townhall - Media Bias/Fact Check
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Weekly contributors include Ben Shapiro, Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Marina Medvin, John Stossel, Dennis Prager, and others.

I like Katie Pavlich.

Using your 90 year old grandmother as a political pawn. Fascinating stuff. New lows reached every year in this country.

Which law states that?

There is no law which states that, just like there is no law which states that the House of Representatives should give free money to Israel.

Please share.... What nation should allow someone in who is promoting very real damage to that nation?

And if she was so intent to visit kin why couldn't she shut up for that time? If I were trying so hard to visit kin I could shut up for a week.

Keep this in mind when Trump invites Kim Jong Un to the White House.

Interesting how thin the support for the principle of 'free speech' is with some on the right wing. Her visit was contingent on her agreeing what not to say while on the trip. That's a legitimate requirement by Israel - their country, their rules - but you shouldn't pretend that the visit wasn't subject to those restrictions which many people might not want to agree to in principle.

Each country can set their own rules for what people can do while visiting their countries. Perhaps being sponsored and working with legitimate terrorists is not the best idea when trying to go into Israel.

In other words according to someone who matters not on bit to the reality of the case.

I matter enough to you that you respond.

I do not know if you have realized it, but this forum here has common citizens who do not matter a bit to the realities of the international political arena.

Last edited:
Apparently if you are a Palestinian you can't visit Palestine but if you call Nazis "very fine people" Israel lets you in

Rashida Tlaib backs off plans for Israel trip, citing "oppressive conditions"

After the Israeli government agreed to allow U.S. Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib entry into the West Bank to visit her relatives during an overseas humanitarian trip, the Michigan Democrat says she's now changing her plans amid widespread outcry, slamming Israeli leadership for their initial ban.

"When I won, it gave the Palestinian people hope that someone will finally speak the truth about the inhumane conditions. I can't allow the State of Israel to take away that light by humiliating me & use my love for my sity" — grandmother — "to bow down to their oppressive & racist policies," Tlaib, who is Muslim and of Palestinian descent, tweeted of her planned visit with her grandmother.

She added, "Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me. It would kill a piece of me. I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in — fighting against racism, oppression & injustice."

Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar Israel trip: Tlaib backs off plans for Israel visit, citing "oppressive conditions" - CBS News

So, Rashida Tlaib asked to go to the West Bank but was denied. Rashida Tlaib then was outraged at what Israel did. Israel decided to allow Rashida Tlaib into the West Bank. Now she won't visit the West Bank because of conditions that existed at the time she first asked for permission....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Her official statement on the matter is a lot more informative than the tweet. What changed was that Israel made her visit contingent on "signing a letter". I'm not sure what the letter contained, but it doesn't seem to align with her values.

"The Israeli government used my love and desire to see my grandmother to silence me and made my ability to do so contingent upon my signing a letter – reflecting just how undemocratic and afraid they are of the truth my trip would reveal about what is happening in the State of Israel and to Palestinians living under occupation with United States support."

Which is fair enough.

Except the counter-point is also fair enough-- Rep Tlab supports the destruction of Israel. Why should Israel tolerate that?

and this ass backward way of thinking is precisely why the Palestinians are in the situation they are in..

There is no law which states that, just like there is no law which states that the House of Representatives should give free money to Israel.

I bolded the irrelevant statement.

We give money to ALLIES... Always have, always will. If you have issue with that dpeak to your congress critter.

Hey (Insert name of country) I would like to visit your territories but I still want to foment damage to your country.....

Using your 90 year old grandmother as a political pawn. Fascinating stuff. New lows reached every year in this country.

Isn't this the same low life who likes to cuss in front of her little children? I certainly wouldn't want low life terrorist supporters in my country.

and this ass backward way of thinking is precisely why the Palestinians are in the situation they are in..

And maybe if they stopped saying "death to israel/Jews" and stopped lobbing rockets and burning kites etc. into Israel their situation might get better. It's kinda tough though when little kids are taught this hate in schools at an early age.

Just a suggestion!

And maybe if they stopped saying "death to israel/Jews" and stopped lobbing rockets and burning kites etc. into Israel their situation might get better. It's kinda tough though when little kids are taught this hate in schools at an early age.

Just a suggestion!

Sad thing is most of the terrorist activity is from Gaza and the West Bank suffers.

Apparently if you are a Palestinian you can't visit Palestine but if you call Nazis "very fine people" Israel lets you in

Apparently those same people who support Antifa also are anti semites/Nazi supporters. Weird!

Apparently those same people who support Antifa also are anti semites/Nazi supporters. Weird!

Can you bring some proof to back your claim?

How can Antifa, which is an Antifascist organization (this is why it's called Antifa, did you know that?) be Nazi if its primary task is fighting Nazism?

Richard Spencer and David Duke are actual Nazis and they support Trump (duh)

Tlaib and Omar never expressed support for Nazism and saying otherwise would be basically schizophrenia

This was a PR stunt from the beginning.

Care to explain that.

Did Rashida Talib convince the Israeli government to deny her a visa?

Did she convince Trump that it would be a good idea if he whispered into Benny’s ear that he should deny a visa to a sitting US Congresswoman?

Try and explain to us all how she managed to stage all that. We’ll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom