• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rand Paul Introducing 'Fauci Amendment' To Prevent "Health Dictatorship"

No - that's just your "evidence" of someone controlling the federal Covid response as a tyrannical leader - Biden telling, not ordering, governors to listen to a health director during a global pandemic.
the best part is, a president couldn't order it anyway . . .he doesnt have that power

just like when Donnie said he controls the governors and hw was going to override them and he was quickly reminded that no, he doesn't and no he cant

thats what actually started his whole meltdown and when he really switched things into overdrive making it about politics instead of health, safety and the well being of the country

Its like when your doctor recommends you stop smoking.
He's ACTUALLY trying to control the entire nation :rolleyes:

Republicans would the public health experts to consider the political and economic implications of their decisions. To protect the political fortunes of those they serve.

A Republican wanting more government and more oversight, and look at the right leaning support for it here... all because Fauci turned out to be a great villain for the right.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but Fauci as Director for NIAD is in charge of research and does not make executive policy. I'm not sure I understand how he could be a dictator of anything but NIAD. As far as politics goes he is an advisor to people who make policy, not a policy-maker. Why is Rand Paul so obsessed with this guy??

Rand Paul putting forth a bill that will go nowhere that is actually antithetical to his supposed “small government” Libertarian stance in order to fund raise off of the rapidly closing window of Covid fatigue is pretty great.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but Fauci as Director for NIAD is in charge of research and does not make executive policy. I'm not sure I understand how he could be a dictator of anything but NIAD. As far as politics goes he is an advisor to people who make policy, not a policy-maker. Why is Rand Paul so obsessed with this guy??
Because he is a villain to fund raise off of.

So your issue was with a disclaimer?
Do you have any other cost benefit analysis to point to about the economic hurt vs the health benefit to peer through?

There are more issues with this "study" than just the disclaimer... Let's start with the premise of the literature review... That COVID mortality would be affected by a lockdown. How would a lockdown make ANY disease less or more fatal?

More Fauci obsession?

Have you guys noticed that there are just some republicans who have to have a scapegoat for all their screw ups and all their wrong opinions recording a pandemic?

They just had to find one person so the spotlight would be turned off of themselves and all the people who continue to die for not doing the right thing.

It's like they were born integrity free.

You must not be familiar with how Government Organizational structures work. It is common for them to be 'Re-Organized' to meet new mission goals. Plus, through Lean Six Sigma practices, cost are driven down by using existing manpower and infrastructure.

So again, who said it's going to cost more?
"Lean Six Sigma"...in federal government?!?

giphy.gif

Fauci fires back at Rand Paul, accusing him of using attacks for ‘political gain’

He said distortions by the senator have led to death threats against him.

Doctor Fauci was right.

All the links below are directly from or linked through Rand Paul’s Senate REELECTION CAMPAIGN website!

My Amendment would oust Fauci for good
#FireFauci
Rand Paul introduces Amendment to eliminate Fauci’s position as NIAID director

Dr. Fauci was spot on.

There are more issues with this "study" than just the disclaimer... Let's start with the premise of the literature review... That COVID mortality would be affected by a lockdown. How would a lockdown make ANY disease less or more fatal?
Actually, that is a good point.

Do you know of any studies or analysis that show harm done vs benefit ?

My own personal belief is that the cost of the mandates outweighed the benefits, however I didn't lose anyone to COVID.

who is the "health ‘dictator in chief’" LMAO

So RandTard claims we need to remove a position and problem that has never existed and now wants to make medical science political . . .sounds like a fabulous idea 🤣😂🤣😂🤣
another waste

Just as the Left have often voiced concerns about a National Security State that overreaches and abuses its powers to infringe on people's rights in the name of national security, likewise Rand Paul and other non-Leftists are expressing concerns about a Medical Security State that overreaches and abuses its powers to infringe on people's rights in the name of Medical Safety/Security.

The reality is that power can be abused, excessive powers can be abused more, and emergency powers can be abused the most. Whether it's done in the name of National Security or in the name of Medical Security, is just a difference in what pretext is invoked.

Just as the Left have often voiced concerns about a National Security State that overreaches and abuses its powers in the name of national security, likewise Rand Paul and other non-Leftists are expressing concerns about a Medical Security State that overreaches and abuses its powers in the name of Medical Safety/Security.

The reality is that power can be abused, excessive powers can be abused more, and emergency powers can be abused the most. Whether it's done in the name of National Security or in the name of Medical Security, is just a difference in what pretext is invoked.
yet nothing in your post or Rands rant shows any factually abused, excessive powers,thats reality . . rands claim is a boogie man false native tinfoil hat nutter talkign point that cant be backed up in reality

so the same question i keep asking are
who is the "health ‘dictator in chief’?
What factual control?
what position was he in then and is he in now and what factual power did/does it have?

Just as the Left have often voiced concerns about a National Security State that overreaches and abuses its powers to infringe on people's rights in the name of national security, likewise Rand Paul and other non-Leftists are expressing concerns about a Medical Security State that overreaches and abuses its powers to infringe on people's rights in the name of Medical Safety/Security.

Dr. Fauci does not make policy. He is Director of NIAD, a research group. In his role as Chief Medical Advisor to the President (A position created by Trump), all he does is advise the president on medical policy. Research and advice. Not a dictator and certainly no power to infringe on people's rights in the name of Medical Safety/Security.

Dr. Fauci does not make policy. He is Director of NIAD, a research group. In his role as Chief Medical Advisor to the President (A position created by Trump), all he does is advise the president on medical policy. Research and advice. Not a dictator and certainly no power to infringe on people's rights in the name of Medical Safety/Security.
Dagnabbit Cleo, enough with them there Facty Facts! Ya'll gonna be the ruination of a good R-winger chub fest!

He is right. Facui had to much control for a Civil Servant.
Yeah, Fauci was telling us the truth and calling out politico's lies. That is way too much power. Politico's lies should never be pointed out by a civil servant, even if hey have caused thousands of unneeded deaths in this country

I heard a little about this last night.

Abolish Fauci's position ( tool used by FED managers to cut dead weight) to be replaced by (3) separate positions. I have suggested in the past that was indeed one of the problems with the covid team. It lacked diversity of opinion.

-----------------------------------

Senator Rand Paul has announced that he intends to introduce an amendment in the Senate to prevent anyone from ever again becoming a health ‘dictator in chief’.

In an op-ed for Fox News, Paul noted that the action “would eliminate Dr. Fauci’s position as NIAID director,” as well as “divide his power into 3 separate institutes.”

Paul explained that “Each of these three institutes will be led by a director who is appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate for a five-year term.”

The Senator added that “This will create accountability and oversight into a taxpayer-funded position that has largely abused its power and has been responsible for many failures and misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic.”

“No one person should have unilateral authority to make decisions for millions of Americans,” Paul urged, adding that his amendment could “ensure that ineffective, unscientific lockdowns and mandates are never foisted on the American people ever again.”

“No one person should have the sole authority to dictate science, especially when that one person wasn’t ever following the science,” Paul asserted, emphasising that “For two years our lives were held captive by petty tyrants and power-hungry bureaucrats.”

Paul pointed to the recent Johns Hopkins study that found global lockdowns have had a much more detrimental impact on society than they have produced any benefit, with researchers urging that they “are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument.”

Rand paul is a retard.

Back
Top Bottom