• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rand Paul drops out. (1 Viewer)

Ad hominem? Someone appears to be a bit defensive and appears to be taking this discussion a bit personally. Where did I attack you personally and not your claims directly?

"anyone who passed Econ 101 with a grade of C or higher"

Leave stuff like that out of your posts, and we can have a debate.

"anyone who passed Econ 101 with a grade of C or higher"

Leave stuff like that out of your posts, and we can have a debate.

that wasn't a personal attack it was simply stating a fact......like I said, someone appears to be taking things a bit too personally.

The idea that a Rand Paul supporter would support Trump is simply laughable.

I wish. I'm was not laughing when I found out my Dad voted for Trump in the NH primaries. We were Rand Paul supporters and clearly he has not done any additional research since Rand dropped out. [emoji849][emoji19]

Rand Paul was really the only candidate I could see myself voting for. He wasn't perfect but he had a lot of promise.

Hi everybody! This is my first post and I'm in Texas. With Rand Paul out of the running I'm really torn and strongly disliking all of our options. That's what brought me here as I found this forum during my attempts to gather my thoughts on how we would vote. Looks like it will be too much to ask that we get a decent president for once and we'll all be voting for the lesser evils.

Rand Paul is not libertarian and does not call himself a libertarian. Most of these candidates will be out of the running before most people even get a chance to vote for them, so regardless of them being there from the start only a small group of people in the whole country gets a chance to voice their approval for them. If your candidate does badly in the first state that is up chances are your guy is out and you have no one to vote for.

I agree that our system is ridiculous and no longer makes sense. The entire country should get the option to vote on all of the candidates they'd like to see in the running, and the voting should take place during the same time frame like it does in the general election. The popular votes should count rather than the electoral college. I admit I don't fully understand the ins and outs of it all but I'm learning and it seems like a very broken system where too many votes simply don't get heard. Also, why is it that in some states republicans can only vote republican and democrats only democrats? Admittedly I lean Republican but I've voted for a number of democrats because I tend to be far more middle that extreme left and right and I look at all the issues and not just straight party. All of the caucuses and primaries and electoral college votes are insane. I know I'm simplifying it but I feel like we should all have a voice and we definitely don't. If somebody can explain it to me as to why this system works better I'm open learning but right now it all just seems insane. We host exchange students every year and trying to explain to them our election process is a nightmare.

That will save me a trip to the polls in November. I wouldn't vote for any of the rest of them. Big government politicians need not apply here.

Part of me agrees with not voting for any of the rest of hem but then aren't we just throwing out vote away when we might be able to at least pick a lesser evil?

Mental gymnastics are in high gear but if it came down to Trump or Clinton for example... I might just have to vote Trump (Ew, I vomited a little in my mouth just now) to know I did my part to try and keep Hillary out of office.

Part of me agrees with not voting for any of the rest of hem but then aren't we just throwing out vote away when we might be able to at least pick a lesser evil?

Mental gymnastics are in high gear but if it came down to Trump or Clinton for example... I might just have to vote Trump (Ew, I vomited a little in my mouth just now) to know I did my part to try and keep Hillary out of office.

That would make sense if I thought voting does any good. All it does is leave everything the same and change the characters on the stage. The government continues to grow and become more intrusive and more corrupt. I had a feeling Paul might actually start the process of bringing government under control. Trump may do some of that but he hasn't said he would. I might have gone out to vote for Fiorina but she is gone too. None of the other candidates would change anything. They say absolutely nothing valuable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom