• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rachel Has a Good Point - How Can Republicans Not Expect Democrats to Retaliate?

There is no sensible reason why the Democrats would not pack the Court. After this upcoming election, it will be a mandate.

Failure to do so would be . . . complete failure.

And which party wants a wall? It sure as hell isn't going to be the R's their solution is deportation.

Obama deported as many as Trump.

Remember when Democrats were in power and wanted a wall?

That's your solution?

What's your solution?

I supported the Dreamer and DACA under the condition that the border gets locked down afterwards and people apply to enter the country

The Democrats flat out screwed over these people in order to pass a screwed up healthcare fiasco.

The Democrats have long been guilty of bringing a pillow to the big fight while the GOP brings a rifle. It is about time the Dems bring uzi's.

Let us hope that the theft of seats on the Court by Moscow Smith will liberate them to finally render the other party irrelevant.

The GOP is picking up more & more Latino's.

The winner of this election whether Republican or Democrat, better get off their ass and find a solution to the Daca & Dreamers because the party that finally settles it will rule the country for the next 4-5 elections.

They're just recycling the same ones, like that one black guy you keep seeing in Florida.
By the way, your avatar is now perfect, that's the part the radical right is using exclusively. :ROFLMAO:

How is that a difference?

If you aren't aware of the demographic shift of the GOP and the ages of their primary base of voters, well, not sure what to tell you...

If you aren't aware of the demographic shift of the GOP and the ages of their primary base of voters, well, not sure what to tell you...
I'm hearing "Dueling Banjos" in my head right now.

we recognize we are in a new normal where what can be gotten away with will be done. What ever the progressives
s can possibly get away with they will do regardless of how sweet and nice we tried to be. So retaliation is a moot point.
You understand that that's how trumpublicans are now perceived, don't you? Their refusing to allow witnesses at a trial, double-standard on the supreme court, gerrymandering, voter suppression, enabling trump's criminal behavior, etc..

Just so ya know!

That's why I created this thread.

Tell me what you are talking about, support yourself with facts and then tell me what all that has to do with my comment.

(You know...debate.)

They're just recycling the same ones, like that one black guy you keep seeing in Florida.
By the way, your avatar is now perfect, that's the part the radical right is using exclusively. :ROFLMAO:

Sti
You understand that that's how trumpublicans are now perceived, don't you? Their refusing to allow witnesses at a trial, double-standard on the supreme court, gerrymandering, voter suppression, enabling trump's criminal behavior, etc..

Just so ya know!

That's why I created this thread.

Turning your backs on Latino's.

Refusing to acknowledge your own double standards on judicial nominations.

Democrats doing their own gerrymandering.

Weaponizing federal agencies.

Hypocrite much?

Because the dems historically did not stand up for themselves.
What could they have done to prevent the Senate from pushing through trump's SCOTUS appointments? Or to prevent gerrymandering? The Dems tried to stop the texas state house from gerrymandering back during the Bush administration and Tom Delay used the TSA to find the Democrats refusing to for the quorum needed to vote for the ****ed up districting TX currently has.

Again, what could the dems have done?

I've been thinking the same thing - when the pendulum swings so far one way, it's going to swing back with ferver!

I'm not sure Maddow could spin any faster without risking a loss of oxygen to the brain and a blackout.

A few things to consider:
  • If you're looking to when true political hardball politics began over court nominations, look no further than the nomination of Robert Bork. It wasn't the Republicans who turned his surname into a verb.

• What the GOP has done here is not "radical." They have nominated judges consistent with the judicial philosophy that's been stated clearly in their party's platform for decades and by every Republican candidate for President since GHW Bush.

• Adding justices to the court to change its balance is called "court packing" because that is the very definition of the term.

• Maddow should take her own advice (as should we all). Yes, it will be legal should a Democratic President and a Democratic Senate add justices -- just as it will be legal when the GOP eventually regains control of those institutions and does the same thing. Where does it all lead? A Supreme Court roughly the size of the US Senate.

Let's let our legislatures write the laws and our judges interpret them. SCOTUS is not the place to lobby for desired political outcomes.

What could they have done to prevent the Senate from pushing through trump's SCOTUS appointments? Or to prevent gerrymandering? The Dems tried to stop the texas state house from gerrymandering back during the Bush administration and Tom Delay used the TSA to find the Democrats refusing to for the quorum needed to vote for the ****ed up districting TX currently has.

Again, what could the dems have done?
For those two issues, not much. I was more talking about the Dems expecting bi-partisanship. It is clear that the GOP has been at war with the country since the Obama administration.

Why dont Dems take the moral highground then and break the cycle?
I'm tired of the Dems taking the moral high ground, personally, plus we need to repair the trumpublican's damage.

Turning your backs on Latino's.
?

trump separating kids from their parents and throwing them in cages, ****ing up the tracking so the families can never be reunited? I know!

Refusing to acknowledge your own double standards on judicial
?nominations.

If trumpublicans didn't have double-standards they'd have done at all!

Democrats doing their own gerrymandering.

trumpublicans have turned gerrymandering into a bloodsport during the past couple of decades. Time to even the score, my friend.

Weaponizing federal agencies.
Yes, the DoJ under trump has been the most weaponized and dirty institutions in American history! Next:

Hypocrite much?
[/QUOTE]

No. You?

Great post, by the way, thanks for helping prove my point!

I'm not sure Maddow could spin any faster without risking a loss of oxygen to the brain and a blackout.

A few things to consider:
  • If you're looking to when true political hardball politics began over court nominations, look no further than the nomination of Robert Bork. It wasn't the Republicans who turned his surname into a verb.

• What the GOP has done here is not "radical." They have nominated judges consistent with the judicial philosophy that's been stated clearly in their party's platform for decades and by every Republican candidate for President since GHW Bush.

• Adding justices to the court to change its balance is called "court packing" because that is the very definition of the term.

• Maddow should take her own advice (as should we all). Yes, it will be legal should a Democratic President and a Democratic Senate add justices -- just as it will be legal when the GOP eventually regains control of those institutions and does the same thing. Where does it all lead? A Supreme Court roughly the size of the US Senate.

Let's let our legislatures write the laws and our judges interpret them. SCOTUS is not the place to lobby for desired political outcomes.
Yes, Democrats should just take what the trumpublicans have done to impose minority rule like good sports and leave things be :)

You are adorable :)

trump separating kids from their parents and throwing them in cages, ****ing up the tracking so the families can never be reunited? I know!

If trumpublicans didn't have double-standards they'd have done at all!

trumpublicans have turned gerrymandering into a bloodsport during the past couple of decades. Time to even the score, my friend.

Yes, the DoJ under trump has been the most weaponized and dirty institutions in American history! Nex:

No. You?
[/QUOTE]

Democrat's racist "super predator" 3 strike policy separated more families than Trump could in his lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom