• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rachel Has a Good Point - How Can Republicans Not Expect Democrats to Retaliate?

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I've been thinking the same thing - when the pendulum swings so far one way, it's going to swing back with ferver!

I've been thinking the same thing - when the pendulum swings so far one way, it's going to swing back with ferver!

shrug...

She's right.

The pendulum keeps swinging.

Dingy Harry swung it one way...McConnell swung it the other way. That's the way it goes.

One problem, though...before Crying Chuck can get the pendulum swing HIS way, he's got to get the Senate Majority back (not to mention keeping the House majority). Until that happens, Chuck's rhetoric is nothing but more crying.

shrug...

She's right.

The pendulum keeps swinging.

Dingy Harry swung it one way...McConnell swung it the other way. That's the way it goes.

One problem, though...before Crying Chuck can get the pendulum swing HIS way, he's got to get the Senate Majority back (not to mention keeping the House majority). Until that happens, Chuck's rhetoric is nothing but more crying.

The difference for the GOP is demographics of their party and the march of time..

The difference for the GOP is demographics of their party and the march of time..

The GOP is picking up more & more Latino's.

The winner of this election whether Republican or Democrat, better get off their ass and find a solution to the Daca & Dreamers because the party that finally settles it will rule the country for the next 4-5 elections.

She's right. The hypocrisy on both sides concerning whether or not to delay the Supreme Court nomination, shows that they all see it as a game of vengeance. Sad, but true.

The winner of this election whether Republican or Democrat, better get off their ass and find a solution to the Daca & Dreamers because the party that finally settles it will rule the country for the next 4-5 elections.

That solution will be forthcoming quickly with a DNC house, senate and presidency... When the senate removes the legislative filibuster, the GOP will become irrelevant to everyone except Fox News viewers...

That solution will be forthcoming quickly with a DNC house, senate and presidency... When the senate removes the legislative filibuster, the GOP will become irrelevant to everyone except Fox News viewers...
You are so mean :)

You don't have a clue as to what is going to happen.

This is just more hyperbole.

She's right. The hypocrisy on both sides concerning whether or not to delay the Supreme Court nomination, shows that they all see it as a game of vengeance. Sad, but true.
The President also talks of 'both sides' being the same.

You don't have a clue as to what is going to happen.

This is just more hyperbole.

If the DNC takes the senate and there is no legislative filibuster I am confident that the days of the GOP senators playing their little games are over... Even two years of unrestrained legislation is going to destroy the GOP for decades... Enjoy last night... the hangover is going to be a long one...

If the DNC takes the senate and there is no legislative filibuster I am confident that the days of the GOP senators playing their little games are over... Even two years of unrestrained legislation is going to destroy the GOP for decades... Enjoy last night... the hangover is going to be a long one...

Again, you have no idea what is going to happen next week.

Nothing but speculation............... and hopeful pettiness.

Again, you have no idea what is going to happen next week.

Nothing but speculation............... and hopeful pettiness.

Fair enough... See you next week....

Because the Dems are weak sauce that will try to compromise for four years and establish nothing.

Welcome to modern politics in the US, a violent pendulum handing power back and forth between Republicans and Democrats.

Did anyone really think "retaliate" is something new?

we recognize we are in a new normal where what can be gotten away with will be done. What ever the progressives
s can possibly get away with they will do regardless of how sweet and nice we tried to be. So retaliation is a moot point.

Because the dems historically did not stand up for themselves.

And which party wants a wall? It sure as hell isn't going to be the R's their solution is deportation.

I don't watch MSNBC but of course the Democrats will pack the Court, make DC a state, and do a wide range of other things to utterly crush the Republican party after watching it let a pandemic kill 230,000+ people.

This, if Biden wins they will most likely do absolutely nothing.
Honestly, I don't know what Biden's response will be. I am not even sure he has decided yet.

Back
Top Bottom