• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Raúl Castro steps down as Cuban communist Party leader

do you agree that Cuba (Marxist ) today is a totalitarian state ?

Do you know that Cuba under Batista was a totalitarian regime to the point where even Castro looked good in comparison?

"Do you know that Cuba under Batista was a totalitarian regime " No, it was not , you are lying , wiki hates Marxism ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarianism

Fulgencio Batista y Zaldívar (/bəˈtiːstə/;[1] Spanish: [fulˈxensjo βaˈtista i salˈdiβaɾ]; born Rubén Zaldívar,[2] January 16, 1901 – August 6, 1973) was a Cuban military officer and politician who served as the elected president of Cuba from 1940 to 1944 and as its U.S.-backed military dictator from 1952 to 1959 before being overthrown during the Cuban Revolution.

From wiki

He was totalitarian.

Fulgencio Batista y Zaldívar (/bəˈtiːstə/;[1] Spanish: [fulˈxensjo βaˈtista i salˈdiβaɾ]; born Rubén Zaldívar,[2] January 16, 1901 – August 6, 1973) was a Cuban military officer and politician who served as the elected president of Cuba from 1940 to 1944 and as its U.S.-backed military dictator from 1952 to 1959 before being overthrown during the Cuban Revolution.

From wiki

He was totalitarian.
try again with wiki this time, authoritarian regimes

i can help you

a11539010f55dae895ba2241eb708fcb.jpg

try again with wiki this time, authoritarian regimes

i can help you

a11539010f55dae895ba2241eb708fcb.jpg
Gee Litwin, I hate to break it to you but there have been numerous non left wing authoritarian/totalitarian regimes....especially in Latin America.

Do you know that Cuba under Batista was a totalitarian regime to the point where even Castro looked good in comparison?
exactly. I dont know why cuba never had a real election. They would have won them. Just like Vietnam, the communists were more popular than the US approved dictators.

exactly. I dont know why cuba never had a real election. They would have won them. Just like Vietnam, the communists were more popular than the US approved dictators.

Because people like Castro don’t believe in allowing their people even the illusion of choice really.

Back
Top Bottom