• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Questioning the Climate-Change Narrative

Why are we NOT at the warmest temperature of the last half million years?
Because co2 is not the only thing that warms the earth.

It's just what is doing it now

You should read up on eugenics! Quite a few top Universities had eugenics programs.
and it was widely accepted, and it was all BS!

And we now have elites teaching critical race theory. Simply teaching stupidity, does not transform stupidity into wisdom.

Why are we NOT at the warmest temperature of the last half million years?
I don’t know. Why don’t you read a textbook on the subject or take some classes to find out? I hear there are some good introductory online courses you can take. Unfortunately many of them have some basic science prerequisites in chemistry and physics, also some math, though. If you have them you should be good to getting your questions answered.

You should read up on eugenics! Quite a few top Universities had eugenics programs.
and it was widely accepted, and it was all BS!
Yes, that’s why we should always stay up to date on the latest science. It is always changing and growing. It’s a reason to keep up, not dismiss the whole thing. Right?

I don’t know. Why don’t you read a textbook on the subject or take some classes to find out? I hear there are some good introductory online courses you can take. Unfortunately many of them have some basic science prerequisites in chemistry and physics, also some math, though. If you have them you should be good to getting your questions answered.
The simple answer, is that the natural swings are greater than the current swing in temperature!

The simple answer, is that the natural swings are greater than the current swing in temperature!
That’s incorrect. Try again. Science is not always simple. I am sure you know that.

That’s incorrect. Try again. Science is not always simple. I am sure you know that.
Is it really? Are you saying the ice core records of temperature are incorrect?
It sure looks like the normal cycling recorded 4 periods in the half a million years, where the natural
temperature was greater than the current temperature.
ice_core3.png

Is it really? Are you saying the ice core records of temperature are incorrect?
It sure looks like the normal cycling recorded 4 periods in the half a million years, where the natural
temperature was greater than the current temperature.
View attachment 67332080
Spare us your mumbo jumbo. It’s getting old. You are not understanding the subject matter and if you really want to figure out why, it’s your responsibility to figure out where you’re going wrong. With all the resources available to help you, continuing to post nonsense and technical-sounding stuff pretending you know something the entire scientific community does not is inexcusable. Posting to laypeople on an internet chat site is not the way to correct your current misunderstandings.

Spare us your mumbo jumbo. It’s getting old. You are not understanding the subject matter and if you really want to figure out why, it’s your responsibility to figure out where you’re going wrong. With all the resources available to help you, continuing to post nonsense and technical-sounding stuff pretending you know something the entire scientific community does not is inexcusable. Posting to laypeople on an internet chat site is not the way to correct your current misunderstandings.
This is not that complicated, The ice core records are the best proxies we have for ancient global temperatures.
and the ice cores clearly show that temperatures in the last half a million years have been higher than the current temperature.
Before you can define something as abnormal, you first have to define the normal!
If the normal cycle has temperature swings greater than what we have observed so far, then our temperature is not
abnormal...Yet!
The speed of the warming may be abnormal, but the proxy records lack the resolution to say that with any certainty.

This is not that complicated,
It is. Most people who are not adequately educated in a particular topic and have only a cursory understanding of it think it’s simple. It’s typical of beginners and novices to be a little arrogant. That’s the origin of the phrase “knows just enough to be dangerous”.

It is. Most people who are not adequately educated in a particular topic and have only a cursory understanding of it think it’s simple. It’s typical of beginners and novices to be a little arrogant. That’s the origin of the phrase “knows just enough to be dangerous”.
Let's start with, do you think the ice core proxies are a good representative for temperature?
If you think they are, then you, must accept that the records show past temperatures were higher than the present temperature.
If you do not think the ice cores are good representatives for temperature, then I would have to question your belief
in AGW, because much of concept is from attempting to define why the ice core records show temperatures, both cooler and warmer than present!

Let's start with, do you think the ice core proxies are a good representative for temperature?
If you think they are, then you, must accept that the records show past temperatures were higher than the present temperature.
If you do not think the ice cores are good representatives for temperature, then I would have to question your belief
in AGW, because much of concept is from attempting to define why the ice core records show temperatures, both cooler and warmer than present!
What you ir I think doesn’t matter. If you have an opinion that’s different than the entire scientific community on a subject matter you think is important, it’s your job to try to figure out where you’re going wrong in your understanding. With all the resources available for you to try to figure that out, it’s inexcusable to continue to waste your time clinging to your misunderstanding and then trying to mislead other uneducated laypeople on a random internet chat site.

What you ir I think doesn’t matter. If you have an opinion that’s different than the entire scientific community on a subject matter you think is important, it’s your job to try to figure out where you’re going wrong. With all the resources available for you to try to figure it out, it’s inexcusable to continue to waste your time trying to mislead other uneducated laypeople on a random internet chat site.
Can you cite a single scientific paper that does not show temperatures over the past half a million years,
WERE NOT higher than the current temperature?
Here is NOAA's page on the topic, notice that the past temps are higher?
Glacial-Interglacial Cycles
glacial-interglacial.jpg

Can you cite a single scientific paper that does not show temperatures over the past half a million years,
WERE NOT higher than the current temperature?
Here is NOAA's page on the topic, notice that the past temps are higher?
Glacial-Interglacial Cycles
glacial-interglacial.jpg
I dunno. Why don’t you ask someone who knows? What are you trying to accomplish by asking people who don’t know?

I dunno. Why don’t you ask someone who knows? What are you trying to accomplish by asking people who don’t know?
There is a difference between asking, and pointing to the accepted data.
Almost every scientist who studies this agrees that past inter glacial periods, were warmer than the present temperature.

There is a difference between asking, and pointing to the accepted data.
Almost every scientist who studies this agrees that past inter glacial periods, were warmer than the present temperature.

So what? Red herring. Does not address the meat of the subject, which is the cause of the PRESENT global warming.

So what? Another red herring.
So what? Red herring. Does not address the meat of the subject, which is the cause of the PRESENT global warming.
The question was asked what caused the higher temperatures over the past half a million years.
The earlier warm periods, were clearly not cause by Human activity, While the current warming
appears to be related to Human activity, the fact the we are still within the natural range of temperatures,
does not preclude the recent warming being natural as well.

Look up the term red herring and try to figure it out. I'm tired of giving fifth grade lessons.
Describe what you think the differences are between the scientific acceptance of the two concepts?
I think Eugenics was part of main stream science for about 50 years.

Describe what you think the differences are between the scientific acceptance of the two concepts?
I think Eugenics was part of main stream science for about 50 years.
Double down on red herring. Again, look up the definition. I am tired of giving lessons at the fifth grade level.

The question was asked what caused the higher temperatures over the past half a million years.
The earlier warm periods, were clearly not cause by Human activity, While the current warming
appears to be related to Human activity, the fact the we are still within the natural range of temperatures,
does not preclude the recent warming being natural as well.

The question itself was a red herring as regards the mainstream of the topic. If you answered it, it only doubles-down the red herring.

Back
Top Bottom