• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question from Dave Chappelle

seymourflops

Keep Calm and Rebuy!
Banned
Supporting Member
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
245812577_620178546057590_1543807100241035699_n.jpg

What say you?

I believe more people should ask that question. As I've said before, a lot of people are so ingrained in their tribe that if any others come into their field of vision they act like some primitive species, jumping up and down and hollering "Me not know new beings, must kill".

as a member of the nazi community in the US, I'd like to stand with my long time rivals in the trans community, and state that I fully support, nay, the entire white nationalist community supports, the cancelling of a black man. I would further like to state that, with Dave Chappelles cancelling, should they succeed, the LGBT community would have done more for the goals of white nationalism since Joe Biden passed the crime legislation.

The LGBT's has my endorsement in this social justice effort.

What say you?
Where do others have to participate in his self image?

How is he participating in the self image of trans or the large community of LGBT people? Is treating others with respect what he calls participating in his self image? As a black man I think he should understand how his idea could be equally turned against him by racists. Maybe someone should remind him of how black and other races were treated before the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

I doubt that this attempted spin will go well for Chappelle. He might just apologize now while he still has a career.

How is he participating in the self image of trans or the large community of LGBT people? Is treating others with respect what he calls participating in his self image? As a black man I think he should understand how his idea could be equally turned against him by racists. Maybe someone should remind him of how black and other races were treated before the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

I doubt that this attempted spin will go well for Chappelle. He might just apologize now while he still has a career.
yaaaas sister! **** his apology. **** his career and send him back to the plantation he belongs!

as a member of the nazi community in the US, I'd like to stand with my long time rivals in the trans community, and state that I fully support, nay, the entire white nationalist community supports, the cancelling of a black man. I would further like to state that, with Dave Chappelles cancelling, should they succeed, the LGBT community would have done more for the goals of white nationalism since Joe Biden passed the crime legislation.

The LGBT's has my endorsement in this social justice effort.
Chappelle's

yaaaas sister! **** his apology. **** his career and send him back to the plantation he belongs!
Your racism is as reprehensible as his transphobia.

Given that he had a transwoman as a friend - a transwoman who publicly defended him, and whose family continues to defend him - what evidence do you have that he's transphobic other than 'he said something I don't agree with'.

I don't disagree with anything you expressed but I'm trying to work out the conflict of my past personal positive bias towards Dave Chappelle. It might be even worse than you are presenting his offenses as

https://www.hrc.org/press-releases/...lous-changed-the-lives-of-lgbt-americansNAACP President Benjamin Jealous Changed the Lives of LGBT Americans
by Charles Joughin • September 8, 2013
"...“Because of the dedication and tireless work of Ben Jealous, this country is more just, more equal, and more hopeful,” said HRC President Chad Griffin. “He is nothing less than a modern-day civil rights visionary, and it is my privilege to call him a friend.”
During Jealous’s term at the helm of the nation’s largest civil rights organization, the NAACP formally endorsed marriage equality for LGBT Americans at a decisive moment in the 2012 election cycle. ...

“On my first day on the job as HRC President back in 2012, my very first meeting was with Ben Jealous,” said Griffin. “He believes in his heart that none of us is equal until all of us are equal, ..

Jealous ... campaigned tirelessly against regressive laws that disenfranchise minority voters, and he advocated relentlessly for the common purpose of all movements fighting for equality.
The youngest leader in the more than 100-year history of the NAACP, Jealous is a Rhodes Scholar and has spoken about the plight of his interracial parents, who wed before Loving v. Virginia struck down anti-miscegenation laws across the country.
... Jealous tearfully explained to reporters while announcing the NAACP’s endorsement of marriage equality last May. “This is an important day.”

Ross Kenneth Urken/November 13, 2013
"..It’s New Year’s Eve 1999, and as Dave Chappelle looks over his acres upon acres of property outside of Yellow Springs, Ohio, he decides he needs a gun.

“What do you see out there?” the actor and comic asks his god-brother, Ben Jealous,.."

The Van Jones Show

Dave Chappelle Receives 2018 W.E.B. Du Bois Medal from Harvard University; Ben Jealous is Running to Become Governor of Maryland; ...

Aired October 13, 2018

"...CHAPPELLE: I'm not - Van, I'm not a real political dude.

JONES: Yes.

CHAPPELLE: I'm somewhat of a cynic when it comes to politics. However, this particular election has excited me because Ben and I are like family. Our fathers were best friends. My dad was his godfather. And when I was growing up, I never met Ben. He's was just like a picture on the wall.
And when I moved to New York to do stand-up, my dad said, you know you got God brother in Columbia. you should go and hook up with them. And Ben and I hooked up and we became fast friends.

First thing I realized about Ben, we're similar in age, but his intellect was daunting. Man, this guy is one of the smartest people I'd ever met. And from the time I was 17 to now 44, I watched him work on equity, like sincerely and diligently work on equity, outside of the system.

Well, Ben got kicked out of Columbia at one point.

JEALOUS: To protest.

CHAPPELLE: He was protesting. The University had bought the Audubon Ballroom where Malcolm X was assassinated and they were going to demolish it and Ben was incensed. And he was like, man you got to come on to this protest with me. And I was like, I'm good.

And Ben got himself arrested. He got put out of school. And for two years, I watched him try to find his way. Academia was his life and it was taken from him. And it took - it was two long years, he got back into Columbia and killed it. Got the Rhodes Scholarship and as a very--

JONES: That's hard to do right there.
CHAPPELLE: That's right. And when he got this scholarship - excuse me, everyone was very proud of Ben. And my father said to Ben, he said, I'm very happy, I'm very proud that you've won this scholarship. And then he said, my fear is that they're awarding this scholarship so that you'll no longer be a threat. Pop was a gangster. My dad was a cynic too.

JEALOUS: His dad went to Brown University at age 15...."

Well, the trans community is just like us now! We're on your side on this one! Dave has been making jokes about white people long enough, and if hurting some trans person's feelings is what cancels him, then count me in! We're on your side of this fight!

can't wait to have you guys doing nazi salutes!

What say you?
I'd say Dave has it dead on. I read an article in the paper of a man who murdered his father about 20 years ago and was determined to have mental illness and needed to be in a mental hospital for life long care and was "not guilty", ( he shot his dad with a crossbow). Now they say the state violated his rights for jailing him when there was no bed available for him. So this guy is crazy and we need to protect him. A man who thinks he is a woman somehow is normal and he needs protection from the rest of us "normal" people. You can call yourself an oak tree and I'm ok with it, but I'm not buying into your delusion. BTW, I'm king of America and want to know why you haven't sent me your taxes you owe to my kingdom.

I'm not sure this isn't as much about acceptance as conformity?

Given that he had a transwoman as a friend - a transwoman who publicly defended him, and whose family continues to defend him - what evidence do you have that he's transphobic other than 'he said something I don't agree with'.
That's like a racist who claims that they cannot be racist because they have a black friend.

An extent would place a limit, NOT a requirement.
But a limit to how much one has to.

Look, I have no problem at all calling a trans person by the gender the are representing. But I do have a problem with any attempt to force, pressure or shame someone who prefers to call people by their sex as we were all raised doing.

But a limit to how much one has to.

Look, I have no problem at all calling a trans person by the gender the are representing. But I do have a problem with any attempt to force, pressure or shame someone who prefers to call people by their sex as we were all raised doing.
Maybe everyone should be identified simply as X or Y, indicating their absence/presence of the Y chromosome.
You or person can usually be put to use, eliminating the use of a gender term.

That's like a racist who claims that they cannot be racist because they have a black friend.

And if their black friend says they aren't racist?

Also I've edited your quote to make it more reflective of the actual equivalent:

"That's like a person I (a white woman) think is racist, who claims that they cannot be racist because they have a black friend, even though their black friend says they're not".

What say you?
I would say it depends on how much it 'costs' you. If it is seriously expensive, probably not much. If it just is an inconvenience, probably a whole bunch. Life's hard, why would anyone choose to take actions that make life more difficult for others?

Back
Top Bottom