• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question For Pro Lifers

Actually, there a many cases where someone can be denied treatment due to fault. My uncle needed a liver transplant and they just said no - he poisoned his first one with alcohol, he doesn't deserve a second one. In fact every time he was in hospital for an alcohol related issue they did the bare minimum because they knew he would be back tomorrow with another problem since he spent every waking minute drinking.

Alcoholics can get a liver transplant if they are sober for the required amount of time (six months?). This is to minimize the chance of the donor organ being wasted, since they are in short supply.

(ALL BY HERSELF?)!!! Are you speaking of immaculate conception or do you need a discussion on how babies are made?

Again, thank you for another post by the pro life proving that a compromise is not needed because the pro life can not even come up with a sensible evidence based reason for their side. At best all they can do is demonise women while as in this case, desperately or perhaps as your post suggests through ignorance of basic biology, ignore the mans responsibility in this.

Your post is blather. I certainly DO NOT ignore the man's responsibility, but you pro-death folks certainly ignore his rights in the discussion. Based on your position, apparently you think the man has no role, so it is you who needs the education on basic biology, that, or you believe in immaculate conception, which YOU brought into the discussion.

This is a question for people who are pro life, people who want abortion all together banned. What about cases of maternal life, where the mom is suffering from complications from the pregnancy and could die if she doesn't get an abortion? Some countries such as Venezuela, Paraguay, Madagascar, and certain African countries ban abortion but make exceptions of the mom's life is in danger, and then there's countries such as Nicaragua which ban abortion all together even if the mom's life is in danger. So in Nicaragua even if the mom could die if she keeps the baby, she cannot legally get an abortion. Usually if the mom dies the baby dies too. So do you agree with countries such as Nicaragua?

Since I don't, nor apparently many others, want all abortion banned, there is no reason to carry on the discussion you seek.

So, just to be clear, if I follow your logic correctly, if a doctor has determined that there is a 99.9999999999999999999999 % chance the mother will die if she carries to term, it is your contention the mother should take that .00000000000000000000000001 % of survival and attempt to carry to term, and deliver ? Is that the argument you are making ?

Not even close, but it clearly shows how little you are willing to compromise.

How about you giving up killing babies on demand, and I'll give up not demanding that you not kill any.

I'm not for killing babies. That would be murder, and is illegal. I'm a law abiding citizen and a supporter of women's rights and female body autonomy. Btw, other than posting on a message board, what have you personally done, are currently doing, and will continue to do in the future for the unborn ?

I'm against elective abortions. That is abortions undertaken not because of danger to the life of the mother or a substantial danger to the physical health of the mother.

Is that good enough of an answer?

I'm not for killing babies. That would be murder, and is illegal. I'm a law abiding citizen and a supporter of women's rights and female body autonomy. Btw, other than posting on a message board, what have you personally done, are currently doing, and will continue to do in the future for the unborn ?

1. Abortion is taking life. Taking life is a woman's "right" according to you.
2. Nunya.

I thought you wanted to compromise.

1. Abortion is taking life. Taking life is a woman's "right" according to you.
2. Nunya.

I thought you wanted to compromise.

Are you going to answer my question about your personal testimony about what you have done,are doing, and will continue to do for the unborn other than punch letters on a keyboard in a message forum ? I've given my personal testimony several times. How about you do the same ?

Are you going to answer my question about your personal testimony about what you have done,are doing, and will continue to do for the unborn other than punch letters on a keyboard in a message forum ? I've given my personal testimony several times. How about you do the same ?

As I said , IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, and even more important, it's not germane to your compromise position, which you seem to be unable to articulate.

As I said , IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, and even more important, it's not germane to your compromise position, which you seem to be unable to articulate.

Well, yes it is germane...reason ?. Those who wish to compromise need to know what anti-abortionists are doing, and are willing to do in the future, for the unborn. Without that that data forthcoming, there is no good faith reason to negotiate any compromise....so there is that to consider. correct ?

Well, yes it is germane...reason ?. Those who wish to compromise need to know what anti-abortionists are doing, and are willing to do in the future, for the unborn. Without that that data forthcoming, there is no good faith reason to negotiate any compromise....so there is that to consider. correct ?

You "need to know"? Then open your eyes. That's all I need to do to know what you are doing to the fetuses. Also, it is irrelevant what anyone other than the mother will "do for the unborn". It's "her" baby. She isn't even willing to include the sperm donator into the discussion.

"I" don't have to do anything for it. I have two of my own.

If that's all you need to compromise, you have no intention of compromising, which we knew all along. There is that to consider. Thanks for confirming.

Who says "that the pro lifer is not asking for a reasonable compromise"? That is unadulterated nonsense. It is the pro-choicer that demand all abortions, even those for birth control on demand, be supported. THAT is the uncompromising position.

The Roe/ Casey decision was the compromise regarding a woman’s right to privacy.

Roe /Casey allows the state to a compelling interest in future life at viability. States may ban elective abortions at that point.

The Roe/ Casey decision was the compromise regarding a woman’s right to privacy.

Roe /Casey allows the state to a compelling interest in future life at viability. States may ban elective abortions at that point.

If that is true, why are the courts throwing out the State laws banning elective abortions?

You "need to know"? Then open your eyes. That's all I need to do to know what you are doing to the fetuses. Also, it is irrelevant what anyone other than the mother will "do for the unborn". It's "her" baby. She isn't even willing to include the sperm donator into the discussion.

"I" don't have to do anything for it. I have two of my own.

If that's all you need to compromise, you have no intention of compromising, which we knew all along. There is that to consider. Thanks for confirming.

Welcome to America, it's laws, and women's rights. It appears your beef is with SCOTUS, as they are final deciders as to the fate of the unborn.

If that is true, why are the courts throwing out the State laws banning elective abortions?
Courts throw out state laws that try to ban abortions before viabilty.

All state bans elective abortions after viabily still stand.

Courts throw out state laws that try to ban abortions before viabilty.

All state bans elective abortions after viabily still stand.

Hmmm, that doesn't jibe with what I heard them banning. I guess that depends on what "viability" really means. I'll have to do some more research...

Welcome to America, it's laws, and women's rights. It appears your beef is with SCOTUS, as they are final deciders as to the fate of the unborn.

Why do you support abortions on demand before viability? I thought you wanted a "compromise" on what pro-choicers and pro-lifers are wanting. I think you just ducked down a rabbit hole. Come out when you want to discuss.

Why do you support abortions on demand before viability? I thought you wanted a "compromise" on what pro-choicers and pro-lifers are wanting. I think you just ducked down a rabbit hole. Come out when you want to discuss.

Because I believe, ultimately, the impregnated female has the final say so as to whether or not she decides to carry to term, regardless of my personal preferences.

Because I believe, ultimately, the impregnated female has the final say so as to whether or not she decides to carry to term, regardless of my personal preferences.

Therefore you also believe that the sperm donor has no say in the matter? Got it. Life is meaningless if "SHE" doesn't want to be bothered.

Therefore you also believe that the sperm donor has no say in the matter? Got it. Life is meaningless if "SHE" doesn't want to be bothered.

Those are YOUR words, not mine....FYI...Trying, and failing, to put words in another's mouth is a sure fire way to lose an argument.

Those are YOUR words, not mine....FYI...Trying, and failing, to put words in another's mouth is a sure fire way to lose an argument.

Let's look at that.
1. Do you believe the sperm donor does or does not have a say in the matter of aborting their fetus/baby?
2. If " SHE" alone decides, the fetus/baby will die, or not?

Now, want to lose the argument? Fail to answer those questions.

I put no words in your mouth, I merely restated what you were unable to articulate.

Back
Top Bottom