• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Queen's China gaffe not the first Royal slip of the tongue

Is the Queen's slip of the tongue a big deal?

• Total voters
If I could get my way, I would stay in the middle, young enough to have fun, but old enough to know how to stay out of trouble.
That'd probably be me too. I like being young, but me being under 21 barres me from being able to go to my favourite podcasts' meet up events.

Which sucks pretty bad for me.

Never met either of the family, just had the pleasure being around the changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, some years back. It was rather impressive.
Would have loved to talk to Liz, but what can I say...mere mortals and such. I am not very impressed with royalty and such, but the woman has my respect.
While visiting the castles and such, it doesn't take much to get a sense of the history. Sadly, amidst all the fanfare, I do feel sadness. Life wasn't always easy, not just for the members of the royal families, but those surrounding them. So many souls have seen much and endured much.

I couldn't care less about this particular incident, but as a staunch anti-monarchist, symbolic or otherwise, I do think it's embarrassing for the British that they are still wasting time and money ensuring that the royal family lives in luxury all for the sake of "tradition."

Back
Top Bottom