• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin and T**** progressive theory

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
T**** was so bad that he inadvertently ushered in a more progressive era (Note: the Biden administration isn't that progressive).

Putin is so bad that he will inadvertently usher in a more progressive era. How?

Z. Since this war is so popular and Russia is committing horrible war crimes, war crimes are on the radar, so we might get a stronger international justice system.

Y. Since Russia is characterized as a "petrostate," we might give fossil fuels more of the stink eye.

X. Since Russia is said to have the largest nuclear arsenal, we might give nuclear weapons more of the stink eye.

Surely there's more.

Also, I totally reject this accelerationist line of thought. I've never seen any evidence that getting extreme right wing candidates elected creates conditions that are more favorable for left wing politics or helps achieve left wing political aims.

Also, I totally reject this acceleration line of thought. I've never seen any evidence that getting extreme right wing candidates elected creates conditions that are more favorable for left wing politics or helps achieve left wing political aims.

Even if it does result in marginal improvements (like Biden), it’s still not worth the damage they do while in office.

T**** was so bad that he inadvertently ushered in a more progressive era (Note: the Biden administration isn't that progressive).

Putin is so bad that he will inadvertently usher in a more progressive era. How?

Z. Since this war is so popular and Russia is committing horrible war crimes, war crimes are on the radar, so we might get a stronger international justice system.

Y. Since Russia is characterized as a "petrostate," we might give fossil fuels more of the stink eye.

X. Since Russia is said to have the largest nuclear arsenal, we might give nuclear weapons more of the stink eye.

Surely there's more.

What you seem to be referring to is unintended consequences, which is always a gamble even if you can find a silver lining.

Remember when Jimmy Dore said that Trump beating Hillary would be a net positive for progressives, and specifically cited the Supreme Court as an area NOT to be concerned about?

All captured in the now legendary Sam Seder vs. Jimmy Dore debate.

I hear Jimmy is now shilling for Putin.

?? I'm not sure I understand "Z" ??

The US is not even signatory to the International Criminal Court.
If we were, President Bush the Lesser would already be in shackles in The Hague.

Surely there's more.
Naively wish in one hand and crap in the other …

Also, I totally reject this accelerationist line of thought. I've never seen any evidence that getting extreme right wing candidates elected creates conditions that are more favorable for left wing politics or helps achieve left wing political aims.

Biden didn't get a boost because T**** sucks?

What you seem to be referring to is unintended consequences, which is always a gamble even if you can find a silver lining.

Remember when Jimmy Dore said that Trump beating Hillary would be a net positive for progressives, and specifically cited the Supreme Court as an area NOT to be concerned about?

All captured in the now legendary Sam Seder vs. Jimmy Dore debate.

I hear Jimmy is now shilling for Putin.

Dore's pretty good. I doubt he's "shilling for Putin."

Inadvertently is the better word choice.

We already have Putin; I'm not an "accelerationist."

The fact that you made your bullet points Z, Y, and X is about to usher me into a regressive era.

Me to regressive pretty seem you.

If we were, President Bush the Lesser would already be in shackles in The Hague.

I'm not talking about the past.

Unlikely. Countries that are members of the ICC participated in the Iraq War and none of their leaders ended up on charges.

Unlikely. Countries that are members of the ICC participated in the Iraq War and none of their leaders ended up on charges.
?? Which other countries tortured prisoners at Guantanamo Bay Cuba? That news feed must have slid by me.

I seem to recall that Bush, Cheney and others were tried in absentia in Malaysia, and found guilty of war crimes. In fact, I seem to recall Tony Blair being found guilty of something, too, but I don't recall which tribunal heard that case.

Well, after Hitler, communists got to rule East Germany for forty years. All it took was the brutal murder of tens of millions of people, but hey, at least it was something!

🙄😂

Back
Top Bottom