• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PS3 noob

What if...?

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I'll bite in the new area!

Got my first PS3 for Hannukah!

Don't usually play consoles because they kill my carpal tunnel, but I got the Move stuff and it rocks.

There are only so many Move titles, though.

So two things:

What are the "must play" PS3 games? (I generally play action adventure/shooter types on PC, Half Life and the like)

And:

What other cool things does the PS3 do I should know about?

Get all 3 Uncharted games, they are excellent, especially 2, and 3.

Also Gran Turismo 5 is great, though I would get a wheel for it.

God of War 3

Mass Effect 2

The Assassins Creed series is awesome.

That's just off the top of my head.

If you want to be depressed, play Demon Souls or Dark Souls. Great games, but you will bang your head on the wall because the difficulty is sky high.

I concur about the Uncharted games, all very very good stuff.

Batman Arkham Asylum and Red Dead Redemption were good too.

inFamous is another fantastic PS3 game that I'd recommend to anyone. I've yet to play either of the new Batman games, but from what I've heard the inFamous series is 2nd only the Batman: Arkham... series in terms of best super hero games (ever?). Regardless it's a very entertaining game.

Assassins Creed series is fun throughout, though I haven't played the latest yet. The Call of Duty series is one I love, heard great things about the Battlefield series as well, one game on my to get list is Elder Scrolls: Skyrim(no one has complained yet from what I hear) and I have been happy with Dead Island. Couple of really cool things the PS3 does, Quirocity music server, you can transfer video/audio files to it, Blu-Ray, Chat, it can synch up to your PC for file transfer if you have Bluetooth, and of course multiple TV/Movie/Media options. Heck I've had mine since year one and still haven't tapped everything out.

Back
Top Bottom