• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Proud Boys threaten armed revolt outside of Guiliani meeting, but nobody cared.

They Right has really turned out to be a paper tiger, despite the fears their bluster raised amongst many of us. Arm chair keyboard warriors, it seems, but nothing more. Thankfully.
yet it was areas full of democrats where stores were boarded up

I can't put my finger on it but ose two look very familiar.
Bernadette Dorne & Bill Ayers.

Both Chicago locals, founded the Weathermen, bombed a bunch of places, went on the run in hiding for years, came-out, paid some dues, and ended-up with those cushy jobs & book-writing gigs I referred to. He teaches grad school at the University of Illinois - Chicago. She teaches Law at Northwestern Pritzker. They're both still local, and in fact got Obama his start in Chicago politics.

Yep, from radical Lefty bombers to high level teaching teaching gigs. It does sound like a Conservative mime ... but it's true. Wiki should have entrees on both of them. They've got interesting life stories, if you can get past the the fact they were bombers.

This I don't deny. In fact, it was part of my point. I just used the Weathermen, rather than Antifa, as my counter-example.

We are a few tips to the FBI away from a very different assessment of the far right, IMO.
There's always going to be extremists on both sides. But I think the fear of a violent swell of Trump supporters descending upon our institutions & public spaces, has been far over exaggerated.

It seems in general the Right loudly & vociferously use their keyboards and media, whereas the Left get-out into the streets to be seen. One million women wearing p**sy hats came-out to Washington after Trump's inauguration in 2016, but Trumpers struggled to get 15K out to D.C. after Trump's supposed 'stolen' election. I think the differences speak for themselves. Take from it what you may ...

Some have been preparing for far more than the last four years, but the most that may happen is a handful of nutjobs may act out and get stepped on hard, the rest will go back to their weekend meetings.
Exactly!

There's always going to be extremists on both sides. But I think the fear of a violent swell of Trump supporters descending upon our institutions & public spaces, has been far over exaggerated.

It seems in general the Right loudly & vociferously use their keyboards and media, whereas the Left get-out into the streets to be seen. One million women wearing p**sy hats came-out to Washington after Trump's inauguration in 2016, but Trumpers struggled to get 15K out to D.C. after Trump's supposed 'stolen' election. I think the differences speak for themselves. Take from it what you may ...
I see. My fear has been numerous small groups (like the one in MI) carrying out assassinations and random carnage. While it hasn't happened on the scale I was afraid of, I still feel like there are a lot a very angry people right now with way too much guns and ammo and I still think Trump needs to reign it in.

Bernadette Dorne & Bill Ayers.

Both Chicago locals, founded the Weathermen, bombed a bunch of places, went on the run in hiding for years, came-out, paid some dues, and ended-up with those cushy jobs & book-writing gigs I referred to. He teaches grad school at the University of Illinois - Chicago. She teaches Law at Northwestern Pritzker. They're both still local, and in fact got Obama his start in Chicago politics.

Yep, from radical Lefty bombers to high level teaching teaching gigs. It does sound like a Conservative mime ... but it's true. Wiki should have entrees on both of them. They've got interesting life stories, if you can get past the the fact they were bombers.

That's right.
Funny how the Right embraced Jerry Rubin, also a rad lefty who donned the entrepreneur suit and got "radical" with venture capital, but a couple of professors was a bridge too far.

With much respect I suggest you may be underestimating just how close we came to actually surrendering democracy on a gilded KFC plate or bucket. Democracy and the rule of law came very close to going the way of Harambee the Ape.

Trump Harambe-7.jpg

Yeah if you want vandalism, disaffected sullen suburban youths most of whom live in mom's basement are an excellent resource to tap.
But when you want hundreds to die, like in a federal office building, that's when you know you need a real Tim McVeigh type from the "Fully Realized Turtle Dude" style Right Wing.

I see. My fear has been numerous small groups (like the one in MI) carrying out assassinations and random carnage. While it hasn't happened on the scale I was afraid of, I still feel like there are a lot a very angry people right now with way too much guns and ammo and I still think Trump needs to reign it in.

That's what this will wind up looking like, random senseless violence, shootings, some of them mass shootings, attempted assassinations, bombings and the like...takeover attempts at Federal installations by frustrated militia groups, hostage situations and shootouts with whacko sov-cit types, and of course the never ending panorama of Qanoners run amuck.

And through it all we'll hear the handwringing from the Right about violent leftist thugs, on AM radio.

They've been selling woof tickets for almost ten years, so they're either the biggest cowards on Earth or they're really going to go for it. You can't sell woof tickets for ten years and be lukewarm or wishy washy.

Sure you can.

Keeping the brand alive keeps the money rolling in!

The mob does not care about results. They care about having their fears and prejudices validated.

Bogaloo is not a new thing. Dystopian novels about how the righteous white people fought against the black mobs from the cities have been around for at least 50 years. They used to be passed around from white supremacist to skinhead on paper and bindier clips, the way the Russians used to pass around banned literature.

This sort of trope is eternal with this crowd.

Yeah if you want vandalism, disaffected sullen suburban youths most of whom live in mom's basement are an excellent resource to tap.
But when you want hundreds to die, like in a federal office building, that's when you know you need a real Tim McVeigh type from the "Fully Realized Turtle Dude" style Right Wing.
That is absolutely disgusting to suggest I support mass murder and I have reported that nonsense.

That is absolutely disgusting to suggest I support mass murder and I have reported that nonsense.

Yeah well it's absolutely disgusting that you run around accusing Democrats of supporting mass vandalism and unlike you, the rest of us don't report anything, we just make a note of the fact that you can dish it out but you can't take it.
What else is new?

That's right.
Funny how the Right embraced Jerry Rubin, also a rad lefty who donned the entrepreneur suit and got "radical" with venture capital, but a couple of professors was a bridge too far.
Rubin 'sold out', in the parlance of the times!

Of course, we also said - "Don't trust anyone over thirty!"

With much respect I suggest you may be underestimating just how close we came to actually surrendering democracy on a gilded KFC plate or bucket. Democracy and the rule of law came very close to going the way of Harambee the Ape.

View attachment 67307115
Only too a point. But I never saw it slipping away. In fact, I think the system held & worked pretty well. We should be proud of it, despite the 74M. Maybe because of the 74M!

We saw what happened with our grandparents with Il Duce, Adolph, & Joe Stalin. These men touched both sides of my family; crushed them - actually. And after that, this bit of Trump nonsense in their new country is nothing.

Last edited:
Only too a point. But I never saw it slipping away. In fact, I think the system held & worked pretty well. We should be proud of it, despite the 74M. Maybe because of the 74M!

We saw what happened with our grandparents with Il Duce, Adolph, & Joe Stalin. These men touched both sides of my family; crushed them - actually. And after that, this bit of Trump nonsense in their new country is nothing.

Sorry but we're going to have to agree to disagree.
If either of my immigrant refugee parents had been alive for this, it probably would have killed them.
I've seen enough, my friend. All I needed was to see a Holocaust survivor admit she was frightened and a People's Temple survivor talking about how Trump's rhetoric sounds almost like Jim Jones.

We are extremely lucky and it is clear we will not be so lucky if it ever happens again.
Thanks but I'll pass on the repeat, which is guaranteed if we don't take this very seriously.

Sorry but we're going to have to agree to disagree.
If either of my immigrant refugee parents had been alive for this, it probably would have killed them.
I've seen enough, my friend. All I needed was to see a Holocaust survivor admit she was frightened and a People's Temple survivor talking about how Trump's rhetoric sounds almost like Jim Jones.

We are extremely lucky and it is clear we will not be so lucky if it ever happens again.
Thanks but I'll pass on the repeat, which is guaranteed if we don't take this very seriously.
Alright, fair enough.

BTW - When I was 10 or so, I was standing in line to buy candy at a counter inside a Polish deli, and the workers and customers were looking at a women's concentration camp tattoo and speaking in Polish, but with a hush and import that was clearly obvious to me. Kids can sense seriousness or danger in adults, even when they don't know what's going-on due to their youth. And I could sense that in them, especially the way they then tried to dismiss what was going-on when I paid attention to the scene.

At home, I told my parents about the scene, and they sat me down and finally told me about the war & and how it effected my grandparents' family. At that young of an age, I still hadn't gotten to it in our classes. Both the deli scene, and my parents recounting, were so poignant they still stay with me 'till today.

Alright, fair enough.

BTW - When I was 10 or so, I was standing in line to buy candy at a counter inside a Polish deli, and the workers and customers were looking at a women's concentration camp tattoo and speaking in Polish, but with a hush and import that was clearly obvious to me. Kids can sense seriousness or danger in adults, even when they don't know what's going-on due to their youth. And I could sense that in them, especially the way they then tried to dismiss what was going-on when I paid attention to the scene.

At home, I told my parents about the scene, and they sat me down and finally told me about the war & and how it effected my grandparents' family. At that young of an age, I still hadn't gotten to it in our classes. Both the deli scene, and my parents recounting, were so poignant they still stay with me 'till today.

I remember staring at my paternal grandfather's tattoo.
He always got a kick out of me watching him shave with his little electric razor and he'd turn suddenly and aim it at me.
And one day I was watching him run that useless piece of crap over his face and my attention turned to the funny number on his arm, and he tried to divert my gaze by doing the thing with the electric razor, but this time I was unfazed and wanted to know about the number.
"It's just a special number that they gave me, that's all."

Finally my father explained it to me a few years after he was gone, the two and a half years where he got beaten senseless every day, the ransom they paid (25 million Marks in gold, everything he had) the years spent living with his wife in the London Underground and then later in Nova Scotia while they waited for the United States to FINALLY admit Jewish refugees.
They finally arrived in New York in 1950.

I'm the toddler on grandma's lap, circa 1959.

Hugo Erna Haas grands113.jpg

I remember staring at my paternal grandfather's tattoo.
He always got a kick out of me watching him shave with his little electric razor and he'd turn suddenly and aim it at me.
And one day I was watching him run that useless piece of crap over his face and my attention turned to the funny number on his arm, and he tried to divert my gaze by doing the thing with the electric razor, but this time I was unfazed and wanted to know about the number.
"It's just a special number that they gave me, that's all."

Finally my father explained it to me a few years after he was gone, the two and a half years where he got beaten senseless every day, the ransom they paid (25 million Marks in gold, everything he had) the years spent living with his wife in the London Underground and then later in Nova Scotia while they waited for the United States to FINALLY admit Jewish refugees.
They finally arrived in New York in 1950.

I'm the toddler on grandma's lap, circa 1959.

View attachment 67307302
So sorry to hear about your grandfather's experience. Sounds like a pretty legit story. Thanks for sharing it.

I swear while my grandparents were alive, every family holiday meal ended-up in some form of remembrance & praying for the family members that never made it out of Europe. We may have been in the New World. but the shadow of the war hung over my family like a thief in the night.

Hopefully they'll think this through before acting, because resorting to armed revolt will likely not end well.
You mean burning down cities and attacking federal buildings might not be met with favor of the democrats in charge?

**** all nazis.

Back
Top Bottom