• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Trump protesters storm US Capitol as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes

No it can't.. CONGRESS decides when they are in session, not the president...

Not if they are locked out by capitol police.

CNN is reporting one woman in critical condition after being shot in the chest on the capital grounds...

Woman now in critical condition from a shot to the chest.

Silence from the right side of the room who were just dandy with police using violence to suppress protesters in Portland.

I would say this is pure insanity, but like a frog slowly boiled, I'm no longer surprised by anything that comes out of the Trump era. This is close to as bad as it gets with blood having been spilled in the process of a sedition/coup attempt.

I can't believe they made it into the building... (That is bigger than Trumps loss, historic....) The police must have been taken by total surprise. It is so strange, they weren't that many. It was many more during the BLM protests and the police had no problem keeping them at bay. Someting is fishy... I guess I'll get the full story in the morning (It is evening here now).
You're not alone in that thinking. People are starting to talk about that right now - the possibility that there were sympathizers in the Capitol Police. I don't know how the security works, but this is clearly unprecedented.

I agree. But martial law could postpone the vote count.
That's the goal??? ohh it's the never ending story. They need to deem Trump unable to rule and get him out now! (After all, the protesters are there on his command...And he did set the mood in his speech just moments before.

From CNN

This is deeply disturbing. All of the rhetoric and lies that Trump and his allies have been pushing for months is finally coming home to roost. Will we see any sort of contrition or accountability for this threat to our democracy?
Need call out the guard and start cracking heads.

Reports of a woman being treated for gunshot wounds on capitol hill grounds

Silence from the right side of the room who were just dandy with police using violence to suppress protesters in Portland.
If this were BLM protesters the response would be so different! This is right wing anarchists trying to start a civil war. Is anyone surprised?

The bad actors are Antifa, shoot all you want. They're wearing all black and MAGA hats.

You're not alone in that thinking. People are starting to talk about that right now - the possibility that there were sympathizers in the Capitol Police. I don't know how the security works, but this is clearly unprecedented.
Yeah and on the pictures in swedish television I am looking at right know, it looks like just people walking around like turists just outside the building. Police in equipment are walking (not running towards the building or anything ) among them like they are also on a sightseeing, looks very pieceful indeed, no confrontation what so ever. No rushing into the building, no calls to leave the site. Nothing... Maybe it is over and everyone inside already apprahended?

If this were BLM protesters the response would be so different! This is right wing anarchists trying to start a civil war. Is anyone surprised?

The ones in the building are Antifa.

The BS the media is saying is total garbage. As the saying goes history WILL repeat itself. When you walk around DC. You can feel the corruption for years now. You constantly blame President Trump for everything. Is Civil War around the corner ?????? FU media !!!!

It looks like we'll hear from Joe Biden, but still no word on Donald Trump making a statement.

Way to go Trump supporters, shamefull

I shake my head in disbelief that this is happening in the US

The ones in the building are Antifa.
This thread has Pro-Trump people LIVE TWEETING their location inside the Capitol with video proof. They are pro-Trump and proud of their actions.

It seems that a woman was just shot inside the Capitol. There is a video on Twitter that probably won't be there very long but aside from showing a woman with some pretty nasty injuries it doesn't afford much information beyond that.

The BS the media is saying is total garbage. As the saying goes history WILL repeat itself. When you walk around DC. You can feel the corruption for years now. You constantly blame President Trump for everything. Is Civil War around the corner ?????? FU media !!!!

I don't need the media to recognize violence

Shameful

Back
Top Bottom