• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Princess Bride wanted to marry her True Love

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
'The Princess Bride': Wright wanted the fairy tale - CNN.com

If a young Robin Wright had gotten her wish, she would've wed Cary Elwes.

The now 48-year-old actress recalls in the June/July issue of Town and Country magazine that she had a definite crush on her "Princess Bride" co-star as they were working on Rob Reiner's 1987 film.

"Cary was so good looking," Wright says. "I was convinced we were going to be married."
I love this movie, and would watch it every day if time allowed.

The comments are hysterical. :)

'The Princess Bride': Wright wanted the fairy tale - CNN.com

I love this movie, and would watch it every day if time allowed.

The comments are hysterical. :)

He lost his handsome charrrmmm when he got older, though. The years have done him a lot of harrrmmmm.

But it's cute she crushed on him - like all the other girls out there. :)

My daughter's determined to finish the book, too. She's on page 190 - it's so cute to see her push herself through it (she nine - it's a big read)

Hey now! I don't think he looks so bad.

520c4563a7b246db628781e9d48bcd56.jpg

Hey now! I don't think he looks so bad.

View attachment 67166765

If you watch the film Saw, you could see that Ewles gained some weight. Perhaps it was the filming but recently he looks more fit. Not that I could bash a dude for being a 40-something (now 51) and not looking like he was in his twenties or early 30s.

My favorite scene. I howl every time.

Back
Top Bottom