• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Prince Philip dead: The Duke of Edinburgh dies aged 99

As far as I'm concerned he's just another old guy who died.

I dis-agree.
And I am always surprised who some can be so proud of their indifference and their lack of feeling.

It will be a much more smaller affair than the Queen Mother's, and much shorter. The procession to the chapel will take 10 minutes, the service 45 minutes.

And I've read that Her Majesty will sit alone--how awful--because her family members aren't in her "bubble."

I for one am pleased Megan stayed at home, she would only divert attention from the ceremony. One less prima donna is a good thing.

She is doing everything she can to draw attention to herself. The usual lies, of course, but her audacity really knows no bounds at all. Yesterday she announced that she wasn't attending the funeral because she didn't want to be the center of attention. :rolleyes:

Bets are being taken on what she'll leak through her PR in the next 3 days. Burglary attempt? Papped while taking a totally private walk on the beach with the mysterious child known as "Archie"? Pregnancy crisis?

I hope that they were happy, because if so, they were truly blessed with so many years together.

I do think that they were happy together.

Prince Philip's jokes

And I've read that Her Majesty will sit alone--how awful--because her family members aren't in her "bubble."

She is doing everything she can to draw attention to herself. The usual lies, of course, but her audacity really knows no bounds at all. Yesterday she announced that she wasn't attending the funeral because she didn't want to be the center of attention. :rolleyes:

Bets are being taken on what she'll leak through her PR in the next 3 days. Burglary attempt? Papped while taking a totally private walk on the beach with the mysterious child known as "Archie"? Pregnancy crisis?

Megan was not cut out for the job, good riddance to her and the snowflake Prince.

Megan was not cut out for the job, good riddance to her and her snowflake Prince.

So pathetic to feel the need to try to compete with a corpse. How grandiose to fancy yourself the center of attention when the longest-reigning consort in British history, the spouse of the longest-reigning monarch in British history, is being buried. Just disgusting.

So pathetic to feel the need to try to compete with a corpse. How grandiose to fancy yourself the center of attention when the longest-reigning consort in British history, the spouse of the longest-reigning monarch in British history, is being buried. Just disgusting.

I put those two, Megan and Harry in the same camp as Edward and Wallis, profiteers who have no conception of service, only to themselves.

I put those two, Megan and Harry in the same camp as Edward and Wallis, profiteers who have no conception of service, only to themselves.

You aren't the only one. But as has been pointed many times, whatever their faults, neither the Duke nor Duchess of Windsor ever slammed his nation or his family publicly.

The last Duke I cared about was named Ellington.

Yesterday I cried for a stranger. I saw the ceremony for Officer Billy Evans as he was laid in Honor at The Capitol Rotuda. His two little children were there struggling to get through the ceremony. Watching his son, in a policeman's cap that was far too big, attempt to salute broke my heart. I couldn't stop sobbing.

You aren't the only one. But as has been pointed many times, whatever their faults, neither the Duke nor Duchess of Windsor ever slammed his nation or his family publicly.

Harry took the same route as his mother, gave an interview. Big mistake!!

I do have a certain amount of sympathy for Edward VII, to be frozen out for 30 years by your own family, time does not heal old wounds. But his trip to Nazi Germany was a huge error, and his actions with the fall of France are dubious at best.

I do have a certain amount of sympathy for Edward VII, to be frozen out for 30 years by your own family, time does not heal old wounds. But his trip to Nazi Germany was a huge error, and his actions with the fall of France are dubious at best.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Edward VIII given that he was a Nazi sympathizer for many years. His loyalty to his family or lack thereof is nothing in the grand scheme of theings compared to his affinity for Hitler. I find him a repulsive character historically.

The Royal Family in England were fantastic in their support for the British people during the war. No wonder there was a rift between them and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor who thought only of themselves!

I have absolutely no sympathy for Edward VIII given that he was a Nazi sympathizer for many years. His loyalty to his family or lack thereof is nothing in the grand scheme of theings compared to his affinity for Hitler. I find him a repulsive character historically.

The Royal Family in England were fantastic in their support for the British people during the war. No wonder there was a rift between them and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor who thought only of themselves!

The rift began long before Edward's trip to Germany. The bone of contention was Wallis being denied HRH, a title by law she was entitled to, its well known who the 2 ladies responsible for such pettiness were.

It will be a much more smaller affair than the Queen Mother's, and much shorter. The procession to the chapel will take 10 minutes, the service 45 minutes.

I for one am pleased Megan stayed at home, she would only divert attention from the ceremony. One less prima donna is a good thing.
Yes. (Btw it is one fewer prima donnas).

The rift began long before Edward's trip to Germany. The bone of contention was Wallis being denied HRH, a title by law she was entitled to, its well known who the 2 ladies responsible for such pettiness were.

The rift did begin long before that. The Duke of York's wife, the woman we remember as the Queen Mum, never ever forgave her brother-in-law and the abdication that forced "Bertie" to the throne. She wasn't just the gin-drinking grandmother with the crazy, fabulous hats; she was formidable, and there are parallels between how Wallis talked about the Yorks and how Markle has talked about the Cambridges.

Seriously? You chose to go with grammar smack? By the way, I would have set off "btw" with a comma, and you have erred in placing the period to follow the close-parens mark. The complete sentence is contained within the parens, and so its terminal punctuation should be enclosed.

Seriously? You chose to go with grammar smack?
If you cannot attack the spirit of the message, attack the mechanics of the statement.

If you cannot attack the spirit of the message, attack the mechanics of the statement.

It's just so petty...and almost invariably, the person him/herself is guilty of grammatical crimes. ;)

Reactions: Bum
The rift did begin long before that. The Duke of York's wife, the woman we remember as the Queen Mum, never ever forgave her brother-in-law and the abdication that forced "Bertie" to the throne. She wasn't just the gin-drinking grandmother with the crazy, fabulous hats; she was formidable, and there are parallels between how Wallis talked about the Yorks and how Markle has talked about the Cambridges.

Actually it was the Queen Mother and Queen Mary who insured Wallis would not receive HRH, both woman could be cold and heartless.

Seriously? You chose to go with grammar smack? By the way, I would have set off "btw" with a comma, and you have erred in placing the period to follow the close-parens mark. The complete sentence is contained within the parens, and so its terminal punctuation should be enclosed.

Thank you for your advice. I will keep it in mind - seriously.

Andrew's BBC interview didn't go very well either. The Queen has never given an interview, never even answered a journalist's question. Smart move on her part.

165143084_288721765950833_2106232176794784198_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom