• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presidents Debt in a graph

Discuss this then.
Trump put $1,800 dollars into my bank. Biden has not put in one dime. And if the Democrats make law, I will get $1,400 dollars. Sure I want the money. When the hell will Biden send us our money?

He has the two houses. Wake up Biden and help Americans.
Revisit the previous post. Educate yourself as to why the next round of COVID checks haven't yet been dispersed, and you'll discover there is no need to ask the same question repeatedly. Further more you are incorrect about Biden having 'two houses.' He has one 'House of Representatives', and one 'Senate Chamber.'. You do understand the two are not one and the same, and they serve different functions? YES?

Last edited:
You want to pick a sentence and waste my time and yours on that one sentence.

You are evading discussing Biden.
You made a positive claim. This is a debate forum. You do understand that others will challenge you to present 'proof' your positive claim is factual. The only 'evading' here is your inability/refusal to meet your burden of proof.

⬆ ⬆ ⬆ ⬆ ⬆ Evidence that supports my position as to both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Both agencies were corporations and not part of Government.

The law changed was changed by Clinton.

Anyway my aim is to explain this and not be in fights over any of it.

I do know Bush went to Congress perhaps a dozen times asking them to regulate to prevent a crash and they told him no, they would not regulate Fannie or Freddie.

By the way, I created the misconception that only Fannie and Freddie caused the problems. That is not my true position. Subprimes were an old time lending issue but something changed to cause subprimes to be considered as decent a loan to make as a more credit worthy loan was to make. My allegation that is proven is when Freddie and Fannie leaped into the market approving subprimes all kinds of mayhem took place.

This report from Wharton Business speaks of not letting interest rates get low. They are low today. I personally am out of the lending business so do not have my finger on that pulse now. We may run into a crisis of housing sooner than later. Predicting this is like predicting what business Biden will put out of operation next.

As to the elimination of the ancient regulation created in the 1930s, despite Clinton killing that law, and it is still killed off, I see no connection to the law removed by Clinton to events during Bush. Was Bush wrong to want Minorities helped into owning homes? No, he was not wrong to help them own homes.

This article is about the bubble. That is a different issue of course.
The truth is that GW pushed Fannie and Freddy into the subprime market to help fuel the bubble for his banker buddies. It could have been that he was naive or foolish but his actions were instrumental in the creation of the housing bubble and financial collapse. Subprimes were a creation of the financial sector and not the Govt. lenders.

I do know Bush went to Congress perhaps a dozen times asking them to regulate to prevent a crash and they told him no, they would not regulate Fannie or Freddie.
wait a second, this could be the smoking gun I've been looking for. So you're saying that the republican controlled congress rebuffed Bush's desperate attempt to avert the Bush Mortgage Bubble? Hey I know, lets review the congressional testimony of Bush's team imploring the republican controlled congress to avert this crisis

Mr. Frank: ...Are we in a crisis now with these entities?

Secretary Snow. No, that is a fair characterization, Congressman Frank, of our position. We are not putting this proposal before you because of some concern over some imminent danger to the financial system for housing; far from it.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=108_house_hearings&docid=f:92231.wais

maybe it's me but Bush's Treas Sec said there was nothing wrong with Freddie and Fannie. Mmmmm, he doesnt seem as concerned as I thought he would be, you know if he's trying avert some imminent danger to the financial system for housing. Oh look, Bush doesnt seem too concerned either

“Despite what appeared to be a broad consensus on GSE regulatory reform, efforts quickly stalled. A legislative markup scheduled for October 8, 2003, in the House of Representatives was halted because the Bush administration withdrew its support for the bill

Maybe it sounds better in russian.

The truth is that GW pushed Fannie and Freddy into the subprime market to help fuel the bubble for his banker buddies. It could have been that he was naive or foolish but his actions were instrumental in the creation of the housing bubble and financial collapse. Subprimes were a creation of the financial sector and not the Govt. lenders.

Fannie and Freddie were then corporations. Bush went to Congress about 10-12 times to warn them to regulate both Corporations and Democrats flatly refused.

Subprimes came in many flavors. We long had the private market even prior to my being a professional in 1971. And the market had not crashed. We had institutional low down loans commencing around 1972 and those did not crash the market. We had no doc loans from the 90s as I recall them and those had not crashed the market. I only mention both Fannie and Freddie due to both engaging more and more in their own brand of subprimes.

VA came out with no down loans after WW2 and those did not crash the market. FHA long has loans for those with less money and those had not crashed the market. As to politics, Bush did not crash the market.

wait a second, this could be the smoking gun I've been looking for. So you're saying that the republican controlled congress rebuffed Bush's desperate attempt to avert the Bush Mortgage Bubble? Hey I know, lets review the congressional testimony of Bush's team imploring the republican controlled congress to avert this crisis

Secretary Snow. No, that is a fair characterization, Congressman Frank, of our position. We are not putting this proposal before you because of some concern over some imminent danger to the financial system for housing; far from it.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=108_house_hearings&docid=f:92231.wais

maybe it's me but Bush's Treas Sec said there was nothing wrong with Freddie and Fannie. He doesnt seem concerned. Oh look, Bush isnt concerned either

“Despite what appeared to be a broad consensus on GSE regulatory reform, efforts quickly stalled. A legislative markup scheduled for October 8, 2003, in the House of Representatives was halted because the Bush administration withdrew its support for the bill

Maybe it sounds different when translated into russian.

I do not have a vested interest in curing your partisan posts. I told the fatal flaw in both Fannie and Freddie and you chose to ignore that. They both failed. Bush had to rush in to buy both with Federal funds of course. Explain the failure of both Fannie and Freddie if you must discuss this.

You made a positive claim. This is a debate forum. You do understand that others will challenge you to present 'proof' your positive claim is factual. The only 'evading' here is your inability/refusal to meet your burden of proof.

Actually you are one here proving my original claim. That Democrats do not want Biden discussed. So rather than you discuss Biden, you discuss me. A poster with an opinion.

maybe it's me but Bush's Treas Sec said there was nothing wrong with Freddie and Fannie. Mmmmm, he doesnt seem as concerned as I thought he would be, you know if he's trying avert some imminent danger to the financial system for housing. Oh look, Bush doesnt seem too concerned either

Maybe it sounds better in russian.

Lets hear how he thought from Barney Frank himself. Barney of course was not about to take a bit of blame. When has a Democrat ever taken blame?

For those interesting let's see at the same time, you and myself what an economist has to say on that crash.

I am a professional in the business that I speak of.
You seem to be a disturbed individual who I will not trade taunts and insults with.

You should lay off the personal attacks, if you want to be taken seriously here.

Fannie and Freddie were then corporations. Bush went to Congress about 10-12 times to warn them to regulate both Corporations and Democrats flatly refused.

Subprimes came in many flavors. We long had the private market even prior to my being a professional in 1971. And the market had not crashed. We had institutional low down loans commencing around 1972 and those did not crash the market. We had no doc loans from the 90s as I recall them and those had not crashed the market. I only mention both Fannie and Freddie due to both engaging more and more in their own brand of subprimes.

VA came out with no down loans after WW2 and those did not crash the market. FHA long has loans for those with less money and those had not crashed the market. As to politics, Bush did not crash the market.
Bush had majorities in both Houses and it was Republicans that refused to regulate the subprime loans. Bush asked Fannie to make 350 Billion in subprime loans as part of his "Minority housing Initiative" program. How did that work out for minorities? Less American owned homes at the end of Bush's terms than when he came in that's how,

Bush, who once touted his administration's goal as creating an "ownership society," may now go down in history as the president on whose watch ownership declined. The nation's homeownership rate has fallen during the last two years and will plummet further next year. Moreover, Bush's unwillingness to take bold steps to regulate lenders, brokers, and investors will guarantee that the next president will inherit a much bigger mortgage mess.

https://prospect.org/infrastructure/conservative-origins-sub-prime-mortgage-crisis/

Last edited:
Lets hear how he thought from Barney Frank himself. Barney of course was not about to take a bit of blame. When has a Democrat ever taken blame?

For those interesting let's see at the same time, you and myself what an economist has to say on that crash.

LOL Poor ole Barney was in the minority party during the boom and had no way of doing anything. Why should he be blamed for a completely GOP blunder? It happened when they controlled both Houses and GW Bush was President. Why didn't they do something?

LOL Poor ole Barney was in the minority party during the boom and had no way of doing anything. Why should he be blamed for a completely GOP blunder? It happened when they controlled both Houses and GW Bush was President. Why didn't they do something?

What GOP blunder?

You should lay off the personal attacks, if you want to be taken seriously here.
I have been posting far longer than you are so you need to establish bona fides to be taken seriously here. Nobody was attacked by me.

Ummm. The Great Bush Recession and a worldwide financial meltdown maybe?

Bush did not cause any global financial meltdown so of course not. Democrats promote a so called Bush recession.

Bush did not cause any global financial meltdown so of course not. Democrats promote a so called Bush recession.
The financial crisis of 2007–2008, also known as the global financial crisis (GFC), was a severe worldwide financial crisis. Excessive risk-taking by banks[2] combined with the bursting of the United States housing bubble caused the values of securities tied to U.S. real estate to plummet, damaging financial institutions globally,[3] culminating with the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers on September 15, 2008, and an international banking crisis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007–2008

To be fair, that was on rails since 1996.

I do not have a vested interest in curing your partisan posts. I told the fatal flaw in both Fannie and Freddie and you chose to ignore that. They both failed. Bush had to rush in to buy both with Federal funds of course. Explain the failure of both Fannie and Freddie if you must discuss this.
oh comrade, if I posted something partisan you'd be able to shred it the way I shredded your post. You whined bush tried to stop the Bush Mortgage Bubble but the mean ole republican congress stopped him. I proved that not only did bush not think there was a crisis, I proved he stopped the bill you think would have magically prevented it. I also get a chuckle that I have to discuss your dishonest narrative but you are avoiding the facts I've posted. Check with your supervisor and see if you can discuss the facts.

oh comrade, if I posted something partisan you'd be able to shred it the way I shredded your post. You whined bush tried to stop the Bush Mortgage Bubble but the mean ole republican congress stopped him. I proved that not only did bush not think there was a crisis, I proved he stopped the bill you think would have magically prevented it. I also get a chuckle that I have to discuss your dishonest narrative but you are avoiding the facts I've posted. Check with your supervisor and see if you can discuss the facts.
I will not debate with posters who lie about me, my posts and my post contents. Sorry you tried that on me.

The financial crisis of 2007–2008, also known as the global financial crisis (GFC), was a severe worldwide financial crisis. Excessive risk-taking by banks[2] combined with the bursting of the United States housing bubble caused the values of securities tied to U.S. real estate to plummet, damaging financial institutions globally,[3] culminating with the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers on September 15, 2008, and an international banking crisis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007–2008

Even Wikipedia did not call it the Bush recession.

I will not debate with posters who lie about me, my posts and my post contents. Sorry you tried that on me.
Nyet, I no lie about you comrade. I've simply proven you posted nonsense (and I'm being kind). You posted " I do know Bush went to Congress perhaps a dozen times asking them to regulate to prevent a crash and they told him no, they would not regulate Fannie or Freddie. " I showed you Bush telling Barney and the REPUBLICAN CONGRESS that there is nothing wrong with Freddie and Fannie and I showed you bush stopping the reform you think would have magically stopped the Bush Mortgage Bubble. Check with your supervisor and see if he'll let you discuss the facts.

To a Canadian it means a feather in Obama's cap. Spending to benefit the people is nearly always a good thing. Spending to give the very wealthy more tax breaks? Not so much.

Robert in Freemont still isn't getting it.

Back
Top Bottom