• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presidential Oddities #10: Lee L. Mercer wants an AI/Police State Hybrid

Self-described “Black Candidate” Lee L. Mercer believes he has solved “all of America’s problems.” He is a member of the ROTC, a Master's Degree candidate, and might pursue a doctorate degree in the future. On his website, he states that he is waging a “front porch white flag campaign” and offering “special intelligence” from military and federal police academies.

At the center of his campaign is what he calls a “Neutral Lie Test,” for which he seeks a $1 billion contingency fee from the United States Congress for this and other technologies, including “developing a new education that solves everything” and a new “forensic government,” since “evidence is everything.”

He believes that the special intelligence gathered from military and federal police academies, plus the neutral lie test, makes him the best presidential candidate for handling legal matters, especially in the areas of law, police, and education. “ with a crime free world and a world peace treaty. In order to develop his technologies, government and education, he needs to use a “college hot wire hookup” between artificial intelligence and human intelligence.

This and many other ideas will lead to an “Executive (Police) World Government.”

Central to his platform is a “new invented U.S. Army Military Academy, which boasts a “College Hot Wire” that connects artificial intelligence and human intelligence. He speaks directly to his lawyer, Johnny Papantonakis:
I want you (lawyer Johnny Papantonakis) to Call MRs. Nancy Pelosi[,] Speaker of the House of Representatives in Washington, D.C. **TEll her (Lawyer Johnny Papantonakis) is the Lawyer for (Lee L. Mercer, Jr. Calling Nancy Pelosi for Lee L. Mercer Jr. who has hired lawyer Johnny Papantonakis to do the $1 Billion Dollar Financial Transaction for him.
“I have Lee L. Mercer, Jr’s authority to talk to Speaker Nancy Pelosi and transact the $1 Billion Dollars she has in her possession to pay Lee L. Mercer, Jr. to start the U.S. Government, U.S. Congressional Presidential Campaign.”

He also says that there are some “written conversations leading up to the financial transaction in this folder Later.”

This new military will focus on Crime Solving, the Military, and Education. For Crime solving, he believes it will lead to a new police technology, methodology, and Cryptology. This will lead to the executive branch starting its own police force, which will follow the evidence to its conclusion. Chief among this technology is a “criminal intelligence forensics and forensics science computer” and an undefeatable crime solving “police,” “crime,” “phenomenon,” and “all other” computer that will work only if lawyers are trained on how to use it.

The military will also enter the field of solving crimes, using an “undefeatable military/federal crime solving” computer that acts as the judge, artificial intelligence and human intelligence with a focus on medical, education, law, and government disciplines while applying case law.

On education, he calls for the invention of new federal colleges, which will focus on criminal justice, jurisprudence, business law, and other law disciplines “across the board.” It will also include a “college crime solving computer..”

In conclusion, Lee L. Mercer calls for a computer science manager and therefore a “government that solves all wrong & crime.” This is done through a variety of computers, including a lie test, an army law test, a COVID-19 cure, money, and police economy. This would be done through establishing the Army University of Texas with a school of forensic science and medicine.

^more or less. It's like he saw Minority Report and thought, "This is a good idea!"

Self-described “Black Candidate” Lee L. Mercer believes he has solved “all of America’s problems.” He is a member of the ROTC, a Master's Degree candidate, and might pursue a doctorate degree in the future. On his website, he states that he is waging a “front porch white flag campaign” and offering “special intelligence” from military and federal police academies.
The dude is insane, but at least inventive.

Most crime boils down to a few main factors, human desperation, mental state of mind, and radical ideology.

The three are linked, the fist is normally causal to the other two.

But what is a crime?

A crime requires three things, will, intent, and a harmed party.

Government has long undertaken to outlaw things that are not actually crimes, but are problems, and to convict and jail people for this violations of the law that are not actually crimes.

We have to stop doing that, and thinking that way if we want to stop people from committing actual crimes.

Deal with human desperation first, and mental state of mind. Even insane people mostly act out of desperation, it's just their desperation is not founded in anything sane people conceive as rational.

Desperation can cause insanity, either temporary or long term.

Insanity can be the belief in things not founded in reality, and depression can cause this too. Not all people that believe in things not founded in reality are insane in the social sense, it's just when they lose the ability to act in socially acceptable ways, to be able to function in society in ways that are productive to themselves and others because of their beliefs in things not founded in reality. Radical ideology.

Tho this too is normally caused by desperation, desperation to make sense of a world they can not understand or desperation to control what they desire to control.

Only when we can find ways to help people not be desperate, find ways to treat mental state of mind, and help people not become victims of their own, or someone else's radical ideology can we effectively start to eliminate most crime.

Stop treating crime with punishment alone, treat the underling causes that make the same people commit crimes great and small over and over again.

Make sure people don't become desperate in the first place to the degree it is in our power to do so.

So, which of his points addresses your concerns?

He's basically calling for a police state on steroids? 1984-ish dystopia?

People don't seem to have any idea that there is a race underway to create ASI. Once ASI exists, it will basically run the world.

Zuck is buying up massive amounts of processing power, and he's not the only one.

It will come much faster than anyone expects.

People don't seem to have any idea that there is a race underway to create ASI. Once ASI exists, it will basically run the world.

Zuck is buying up massive amounts of processing power, and he's not the only one.

It will come much faster than anyone expects.
What does the S stand for? I know AGI (Artificial generative intelligence), but I've not seen ASI.

^Thank you. Yes, I have heard of it, though probably not abbreviated in that way. :)

Does Mr. Mercer's plan for ASI make sense to you, or would you use it differently?

^Thank you. Yes, I have heard of it, though probably not abbreviated in that way. :)

Does Mr. Mercer's plan for ASI make sense to you, or would you use it differently?

I don't think we are going to have any control over how ASI will be used.

I don't think we are going to have any control over how ASI will be used.
For the purposes of my question, I was asking you your opinion. What you said is a truism, but I'd like to know what you'd use it for.

For the purposes of my question, I was asking you your opinion. What you said is a truism, but I'd like to know what you'd use it for.

I don't think about it like that. I think about it more like an asteroid that is headed towards Earth.

I would probably use it for video games.

Judge Dredd and Minority Report

When I read an AI police force I thought of The Day The Earth Stood Still, ala the original 1951 version. That's were Klaatu's told of his robot Gort and other robots like him that they gave total control to police them. Klaatu warned that the Earth and it's nuclear proliferation had become a danger and if we did not stop the robot force would destroy the planet and no one could stop them as the had been given total control.

Both very good movies. Well, the 2012 Dredd was anyway.

Man, I'm glad I read this twice, I thought you were saying Judge Dredd was a very BAD movie, which would have made impossible for me NOT to challenge you to a duel in the parking lot...lol... I thought I was the only one that liked that movie.

Man, I'm glad I read this twice, I thought you were saying Judge Dredd was a very BAD movie, which would have made impossible for me NOT to challenge you to a duel in the parking lot...lol... I thought I was the only one that liked that movie.

For the record, I enjoyed both the Sylvester Stallone and Karl Urban Judge Dredd movies.

Back
Top Bottom