• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prediction: Democrats will support Trump

If Trump loses the primaries he will poison the Republican well. If he wins he'll sink the ticket. If he wins again then we know these are the End Times.

Just as they boosted MAGA candidates in Republican primaries (and were rewarded by a win in, IIRC, almost every race that they did so), Democrats and / or aligned groups are going to boost Trump against DeSantis or whoever else ends up in the GOP primary, figuring Biden will be able to beat Trump more easily, thereby proving that either A) they don't actually believe that democracy is at risk or, B) they are willing to put it at further risk to get an advantage in one election.

Putting down a marker.
That certainly isn't what they are doing now. Everything you see from the media is about how Trump is failed, irrelevant, and angry old man, a drag on the party, etc and how DeSantis is the leader of the party now.

They aren't going to suddenly change course and tout Trump over DeSantis.

btw, despite the rhetoric, NOBODY believes Biden can beat Trump...unless they commit election fraud again. Hell, Democrats don't want Biden to run.

It's starting already.
Not in any large, organized way that I know of. Some voters are turned off by him, but the party still largely stands by him. If Trump voters abandon the GOP, they are screwed in elections. Trump getting pissed, and as irrational as he is, could start a third party much like Ross "Elephant Ears" Perot, and could represent a significant loss in power for the party for a period. So the party by and large will try and keep him in the fold, while working to slide him off stage.

I feel for our republican friends. We democrats have Bernie Sanders, our populist fringe element nutcake. Ours might be slightly more sane, slightly more effective, and not quite as destructive...but really close.

Just as they boosted MAGA candidates in Republican primaries (and were rewarded by a win in, IIRC, almost every race that they did so), Democrats and / or aligned groups are going to boost Trump against DeSantis or whoever else ends up in the GOP primary, figuring Biden will be able to beat Trump more easily, thereby proving that either A) they don't actually believe that democracy is at risk or, B) they are willing to put it at further risk to get an advantage in one election.

Putting down a marker.
God I hope not. Trump does not need any help whatsoever promoting himself. And it is too damn dangerous to do anything to help him win power (not to mention delusional in the extreme to think he would definitely lose, after 2016 and as close as 2020 was)

If Trump loses the primaries he will poison the Republican well. If he wins he'll sink the ticket. If he wins again then we know these are the End Times.
Thanks for the laugh. End times. LMAO

Thanks for the laugh. End times. LMAO
35205.jpg

Putting down a marker.
I think there will be some on the fringe who will feel empowered by what happened with the recent election, but I think most democrats do not want to take any chances with that sociopath.

“It’s not what you do it’s how you do it.” T.I. (Yes, I just quoted T.I. on a politics forum.)

Democrats won with their pied piper strategy this year. However, that does not mean that strategy is a one size fits all play.

Biden will likely be as weak as Hillary in ‘24. Powell all but guaranteed we will be under economic stress. And Biden’s mental decline is a real issue.

Democrats used the pied piper strategy in ‘16 and failed. So, I am hoping they look at Biden’s serious vulnerabilities and decide not to risk it for the precious.

Even though, Trump is the ONLY Republican who can lose to Biden. Hoping the Democrats take one for the team.

For that last- that'd be nice, but,I think we may be past that era.

I think there will be some on the fringe who will feel empowered by what happened with the recent election, but I think most democrats do not want to take any chances with that sociopath.
Sure - but the same is true of all the little mini men's that Democrats just saw great success from funding.

Abusers don't stop when they get away with something; the success of the strategy in 2022 is going to make it hard, I fear, for them not to do it in 2024.

What if I believe DeSantis is a greater threat to democracy than Trump

Anytime who tells you that is being foolish. "Pursues policies I disagree with" (and I do disagree with some of the things DeSantis has done) is not the same as "Willing to lead a national effort to overturn our system of self-government culminating in an attack on Congress".

and that Trump running against DeSantis gives democrats the greatest chance to beat both of them? Where is the contradiction?

Letting the two run against each other is not the same as supporting Trump in that race.

The party will only divorce him if he falls below 80% approval with the actual people who vote Republican. Let's see if that ever happens, he's been pretty rock solid since 2016.
If he leads a third party run after losing the primary whose entire purpose is to tank the GOP, I'm fairly sure that'll do it.

If Trump is primaried, he will lash out at the unfaithful enemies who hurt him. He'll take the GOP down, either as leader or especially in revenge if not.
And he'll run as Independent if he doesn't get nomination.

Sure - but the same is true of all the little mini men's that Democrats just saw great success from funding.

Abusers don't stop when they get away with something; the success of the strategy in 2022 is going to make it hard, I fear, for them not to do it in 2024.
Yeah, I wish people didn't do that, its stupid, dangerous, and just creates animosity.

For me personally, I think democrats should take Trump very seriously. He's a deranged lunatic who has learned some lessons and will not **** around in a second term. He will do anything to stay in power and will be much more brazen in his attempts. For this very reason, it is unwise to compare any other republican to him unless they have shown the exact same zeal in overthrowing our Democracy. Desantis simply has not. He's a coward, like countless other republicans, for not attacking Trump head on. but he simply doesn't pose the same danger to the country as Trump. Democrats won't agree with his politics, but after 4 or 8 years of a Desantis presidency we will almost certainly still have a functioning democracy. Can't say the same thing with Trump.
@Nomad4Ever, the above statement is what I was trying to say. @roughdraft274 just said it better.

I doubt very much the Dems will help Trump. I think they found out in the midterms that that was not a very popular strategy and supporting Trump in any way would be a bridge too far.

It will be interesting to see what the GOP does. Trump is their worse nightmare. He barely won in 2016 and he lost, or contributed to the loss, in 3 General elections and the GA primary of 2020. There isn't a chance in hell now that he could garner enough to win in 2024. Look what happened in the key swing States. WI has a Dem Governor as does MI. PA has a Dem Governor and two DEM Senators as does AZ. GA has an ethical Governor and So as does OH. The worries about election denier funny business in 2014 are gone. The GOP is guaranteed a loss in 2024 if Trump is the candidate. but how do they walk away from him and keep his base? Going to be fun to watch all this as the House turns into a three-ring circus!

Yup. And, finally, that will be what causes the Party to divorce him.
Nah they will be so afraid of him that they will just back him again as they did in 2016... out of fear of him and his supporters.

A narcissist like 45 is now in his nightmare scenario. I'm not exactly sure what kind of evil shit he's getting ready to do to try to get people to love him more again.

But be sure, the evil is coming. And it's going to be worse than we've ever seen.

Putting down a marker.
Oh, without question, they will!!!!!! That's how they roll and they can't even fathom any other kind of behavior anymore. Their methodology is just one big "tactic" after another, and none of it has to do fair play, ethics or taking care of the country as reasonable people.

Perhaps the Democrats will take a page from the Mr. Rush Limbaugh playbook and institute their own Operation Chaos. That would be interesting, nu?

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

That was Hillary's argument in 2016. That's just B, but, unwilling to admit it.

Trump was the evil people didn't know in 2016. They know him now and have clearly seen more than enough.

Putting down a marker.
It works

Good point. That's why I'm voting for Kamala Harris in the 2024 primary. She's as stupid as she is unlikable. She's the perfect opposition candidate!
Good luck with that. She's not running. Lol

btw, despite the rhetoric, NOBODY believes Biden can beat Trump...unless they commit election fraud again. Hell, Democrats don't want Biden to run.
There is no way to describe this type of thinking other than abject delusion.

You are correct that their are plenty of democrats who would prefer if Biden did not run again.
But NOBODY believes Trump has a chance in hell to defeat Biden, or any democratic candidate.
On top of what a horrible president Trump was, you delusional folks act like everything since the November 2020 election didn't happen, and that there are a sufficient number of delusional Americans out there who feel the same. There aren't. Trump will never be president again.
The only successful political thing Trump can achieve is tearing the republican party further apart if he is not nominated. And he absolutely will do that because he is a vindictive narcissist.

Back
Top Bottom