• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pre-Poll: Will Trump Attend 2020 Debates against Democrats?

The best debate would be a Trump/Warren tug of war. Everyone in America would be tuned in.
All the sports books would have odds on how many time will he call her Pocahontas in the first debate.
Honestly, I don't think Warren would show up for the second debate.

A good VP debate would be Pence vs. Mayor pete

Warren would rip the ignorant ****wit to shreds. He can't even put three words together to make a coherent sentence.

Of course he'll attend. It's not even a question.

Come now...you're way downplaying that event. It would've been a full on stage of people being extremely douchey to him. They don't make jokes out of good nature with anyone but Democrats. It just vicious vitriol. There was literally no reason for him to go to it...not to mention it's full of a bunch of self-inflated press people peacocking around like they are important or something when instead they are mostly trash people.

Concur.

Of course he'll attend. It's not even a question.
Gonna have to do some betting when it gets closer, love it.

Come now...you're way downplaying that event. It would've been a full on stage of people being extremely douchey to him. They don't make jokes out of good nature with anyone but Democrats. It just vicious vitriol. There was literally no reason for him to go to it...not to mention it's full of a bunch of self-inflated press people peacocking around like they are important or something when instead they are mostly trash people.
It's a trend. No Mueller sit-down, no press dinner, doesn't even PROXY hard questions in communications briefings anymore (the diminished to almost none).
Trump doesn't do much as POTUS where he'll have to answer tough questions based on his actions as POTUS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...what-theyve-asked-him/?utm_term=.2aac98878de5

But Trump seemed to enjoy the Republican primary, and it would be incredible cowardly to duck out on them, so yeah, I am not certain either way.

I definitely think he will keep it to one debate, then make every effort to blow it up, blame Dems or the Fake news network or the 'unfair rules' then blow it off. Just like his meetings with Pelosi. We will not end up with more than one ever happening , and I personally think that one debate won't actually happen. He will sabotage these. Frankly, I believe he hoped that when he brought Bill Clintons accusers to their debate, Hillary would refuse to go on stage.

Yes indeed. If he passes on the debate, he'll definitely play the victim...as fearless dear leader POTUS...the victim in an election debate...

Trump doesn't have the intellect to engage in debate. His sole strategem, if you can call it that, amounts to insult, bragging about himself and immature name-calling. That won't work with a moderator to keep his mouth shut and on topic. I doubt very much that he enjoys being out of his depth, so I suggest he'll bail and call the debates rigged, just like he called the election process rigged while electioneering. Until he won. Not a peep about irregularity since...

You're right about his lack of intelligent debate. But it hasn't slowed him much yet. What happened to all those better debaters in the Republican primary? Well, it was Republicans...they aren't known for their philosopher kings. But I think you may overestimate the viewership. As you see on this forum, unless you kick a troll out, they continue to troll post, high-five, and claim victory in a parallel life experience of pure nuttery. Get enough of them together, and they delight in tearing stuff down. Brexit, etc.

Yes, it is very possible he will boycott the debates. There is no upside to him actually showing up, as any opponent can rip his record and conduct apart..

You mean like historical stock markets, historical unemployment, over 5 million new jobs, booming economy, largest oil and gas production and exportation in history, VA provisions, prison reform releasing prisoners, moving the Embassy to Jerusalem, appointed SCOTUS, GDP growth.

What record can they possibly rip apart.

Still, he understands that without the presidency he is open to legal trouble for previously hidden con games, and he'd like to keep that protection going. Thus, he might choose to go out in a blaze of glory, hoping a perfect storm happens again.

People still refuse to accept the facts. Mueller and Barr have both stated there are no sealed indictments and Barr and Rosenstein have already stated for the record, no conspiracy and no obstruction. Only the weak minded Democrats are holding on to the fairy tale. This is why none of the Democrat candidates are mentioning Mueller or his investigation especially after that embarrassing hearing. They don't want to be attached to that.

Trump will eviscerate any Democrat nominee on just previous debate admissions. Free healthcare for Illegals at tax payer expense, Decriminalization, open borders, sanctuary cities, free college, green new deals, getting rid of fossil fuels.

Democrats will make the same mistake they made in 2016. They will run on hate Trump and Trump will run on the issues. This election was over the day every Democrat raised their hand to provide tax payer free healthcare to Illegals. A lot of Democrats and most independents will not vote for that.

Gonna have to do some betting when it gets closer, love it.

Rofl...what kind of betting do you have in mind? Make a post about how the other person is much more intelligent, smart, and better in every way and then have to copy it into their signature line and leave it there for a couple of months? LOLOLOL

Back
Top Bottom