• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pre-existing condition protections still in the GOP's crosshairs

We waited ten years for them to cough up that legislation. And it would've been a disaster for people with health conditions.

Trump mentioned PEC at the SOTU last night. Got anything else?

In that vein, Sylvia Garcia used some of her time during yesterday's Judiciary Committee hearing with the acting AG to ask if Trump's SOTU lip-service to people with pre-existing conditions meant the administration was going to stop going after pre-existing condition protections in the courts.

GARCIA: All right, one last question since I'm running out of time. At the State Of The Union, the President said that he was going to make -- and I'm paraphrasing -- a -- a priority to make sure that people with pre-existing conditions were protected.

Does that mean that you're going to drop all of the ACA litigation that you're involved in?

WHITAKER: As you know, Congresswoman, that -- the Affordable Care Act litigation is ongoing, it's in ...

GARCIA: Well I know that, the question is are you going to be willing to settle it or are you going to be able to -- to drop some of that since the President is changing priorities and direction for his Department of Justice?

NADLER: The time of the gentlelady has expired, the witness may answer the question.

WHITAKER: We have a unitary executive and if -- and if the President sets a policy and issues a policy directive, we will follow that policy.

GARCIA: Thank you.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the White House to make protecting people with pre-existing conditions its policy. Don't hold your breath.

Back
Top Bottom