• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Positive side

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I see many many posts here about what President Bush has done "wrong".

What has he done "right" (meaning correct)?
Try to stay on topic.

I betcha even the most anti-bush folks can come up with something.

Good job rallying the country after 9/11.
Good job in promoting women/minorities to positions of power
I also agree with the theoretical aims behind faith based initiative and no child left behind, but if I were to bring up how they were actually implemented I would be forced to go off topic...:lol:

Originally posted by Vauge:
I see many many posts here about what President Bush has done "wrong".

What has he done "right" (meaning correct)?
Try to stay on topic.

I betcha even the most anti-bush folks can come up with something.
The economy seems to be doing OK on his watch at the moment. So as the acting President, he can claim kudos for that.

I don't think he had anything to do with 9/11. And I'm about as anti-Bush as one can legally get.

His wife is funny!

The one thing I liked most about Bush was during the first term when a reporter asked him about his DUI he told him, "it was none of his damn business!" I like that. Because that is just what I would have said too.

Billo, honestly, there's a reason for the "edit" button..

Spammer.

I really enjoyed the show on comedy central called “That’s my Bush!” With out the man in the office they couldn’t have made that show. Does that count?:mrgreen:

Bush was very good at getting the country back on its feet after September 11th. I had a lot of respect for him because of that, until a bit after he went into Iraq and I realized how messed up that situation was and it seemd as if he just used 9/11 as an excuse to go after Saddam. I kinda didn't really trust him after that.

I think the underlying problem people have with Bush is that he is doing SOMETHING...

Especially in America, people want to talk on their cell phones, buy their designer jeans, and not have anyone "ruffle feathers"...They want to keep their horseblinders on and act like the Vancomb Lady on MadTV when problems arise.(putting your fingers in your ears and yelling, "lalalalalalalalalalalalala!")

Perfect example...Social Security...

I don't want to start a back-and-forth argument on Social Security...this isn't the thread for it...I only say it for this reason...

At SOME point in the future, Social Security WILL become a problem...WHEN is debatable...that is not the issue...This is...

Are we going to do something now before it becomes a crisis? Or will we just let it keep slowly falling until it becomes overwhelming? If Social Security won't become solvent until 2042 like some Liberals say, then when would be the best time to fix it? 2041 or 2005?

Presidents have two choices...

1)Nip a problem in the bud now.
2)Don't do anything about it and look good...Let the next President handle it.

Clinton was the master of option #2...Smell like a rose and let the next guy get his hands dirty...Bush could do the same, but he is more of a leader.

There is not ONE intelligent person on this forum or on this planet that can say that George W. Bush's "degree of difficulty" in his job is GREATLY higher than Clinton's. The things that fell into his lap are a result of past Administrations looking the other way instead of facing the problems while they were still small...

Corporate scandals started under Bush?...Think again....
New Orleans levy problem stated under Bush?....Think again...
Social Security spiraling downward started with Bush?...Think again...
Terrorism started under Bush?....oh please...

So the problems that face GWB are not things that he created himself...He has to REACT on these things because others didn't.

We can debate all we want on how Bush does what he does and whether it's right or wrong...But only people who look at the bigger picture will realize that the reasons he does what he does is a direct result of policies that were in place before he took the job.

For those who don't want to see this, you can find the next episode of "Friends" on your local UHF channel...keep looking away...

He cut agricultural subsidies. Bout time people start paying what stuff actually costs. Maybe than we wouldn't eat so much.

Originally posted by Arch Enemy:
Billo, honestly, there's a reason for the "edit" button..

Spammer.
It was early and I was getting ready for work. I hadn't even had my morning cup of Joe. That's not true. That was a lie. I hate coffee!

I'll take your thoughtful comments under consideration next time.

Have you heard of the J. Geils song, "Spammer Jammer"?

Originally posted by cnredd:
I think the underlying problem people have with Bush is that he is doing SOMETHING...

Especially in America, people want to talk on their cell phones, buy their designer jeans, and not have anyone "ruffle feathers"...They want to keep their horseblinders on and act like the Vancomb Lady on MadTV when problems arise.(putting your fingers in your ears and yelling, "lalalalalalalalalalalalala!")

Perfect example...Social Security...

I don't want to start a back-and-forth argument on Social Security...this isn't the thread for it...I only say it for this reason...

At SOME point in the future, Social Security WILL become a problem...WHEN is debatable...that is not the issue...This is...

Are we going to do something now before it becomes a crisis? Or will we just let it keep slowly falling until it becomes overwhelming? If Social Security won't become solvent until 2042 like some Liberals say, then when would be the best time to fix it? 2041 or 2005?

Presidents have two choices...

1)Nip a problem in the bud now.
2)Don't do anything about it and look good...Let the next President handle it.

Clinton was the master of option #2...Smell like a rose and let the next guy get his hands dirty...Bush could do the same, but he is more of a leader.

There is not ONE intelligent person on this forum or on this planet that can say that George W. Bush's "degree of difficulty" in his job is GREATLY higher than Clinton's. The things that fell into his lap are a result of past Administrations looking the other way instead of facing the problems while they were still small...

Corporate scandals started under Bush?...Think again....
New Orleans levy problem stated under Bush?....Think again...
Social Security spiraling downward started with Bush?...Think again...
Terrorism started under Bush?....oh please...

So the problems that face GWB are not things that he created himself...He has to REACT on these things because others didn't.

We can debate all we want on how Bush does what he does and whether it's right or wrong...But only people who look at the bigger picture will realize that the reasons he does what he does is a direct result of policies that were in place before he took the job.

For those who don't want to see this, you can find the next episode of "Friends" on your local UHF channel...keep looking away...
You didn't answer the question, "What has he done right?"

Back
Top Bottom