• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

What part of the law is the law don't you get. And haven't you noticed that packing the court hasn't actually produced the expected results? Why? Because the law actually has some form to it.

that's a typical lament.....with no substance. aren't you used to it? OMG liberal activist judges!!!! then, a huge FAIL when asked to show any consequences.

that's a typical lament.....with no substance. aren't you used to it? OMG liberal activist judges!!!! then, a huge FAIL when asked to show any consequences.

I'm begingin to think many are just whiny. Liberal media, liberal judges, any thing to excuse why they don't get their way.

one of the judges who stamped "constitutional" on Obamacares' individual mandate justified her position by arguing that "the decision not to buy" was "mental activity" and Congress had the right to regulate "mental activity".

go read the Founding Fathers, the first amendment, and the Federalist Papers, and tell me where any of them would ever have argued that Congress had the right to regulate mental activity.

but the Judge is a left-leaning lady, and wanted Obamacare to be Constitutional. So that's the twisted logic she found.

that's the kind of stuff we are talking about. "living constitution" theory also plays in.

I'm begingin to think many are just whiny. Liberal media, liberal judges, any thing to excuse why they don't get their way.

Another attempt to limit freedom of speech through ridicule. Trying to shut people up is your way.

Another attempt to limit freedom of speech through ridicule. Trying to shut people up is your way.

don't give him another opening. I want to see how they justify giving Congress the right to regulate mental activity.

If you're free to whine, I'm free to tease you for it. Freedom works both ways. But let's not pretend whining is anything more than is, whining.

don't give him another opening. I want to see how they justify giving Congress the right to regulate mental activity.

I'm sure you're going down some silly road here, but I'm game. Explain.

Just because it's you and i know that you will be unable to avoid the ad-sourcinem fallacy as opposed to actually trying to defend the stance that Congress can regulate mental activity.... i found the NRO article on it

The Latest Obamacare Court Ruling: Congress Can Regulate ‘Mental Activity’

interestingly, she also threw out the Administrations' new claim that the mandate is actually a "tax".

link to the actual ruling is on the webpage linked here. you are free to go see it if you wish... by going through NRO. :devil: :lol:

Last edited:
Again, is not a fallacy if the source is flawed. You have to know this. There's a reason I don't use Moveon, or Oberman or the Nation.

I looked for a link to the ruling but could not find one. So, you're accepting their word for it with no link to the ruling, is this correct?

click on the hyperlink in the words "her decision" in the first scentence of the article.

how far did you look, man?

Again, is not a fallacy if the source is flawed. You have to know this. There's a reason I don't use Moveon, or Oberman or the Nation.

:cpwill puts a penny in his "totally called that" jar:

I think if they really got into this poll and worded it right its not entitlement cuts they are opposed to...its Paul Ryans destroy them and give the wealthiest huge tax cuts in every category.
Every where I go I ask people what they think of Ryans plan I cant find ONE that likes it...but then again im not talking to any rich 35 yr olds...the rich of course Love it...imagine that

of course the wealthier segments of the nation are going to like it better (even though it takes more from them). they have a much better idea of how businesses and the economy work. that's how they became rich. poor people, however, tend more to be economic morons; which is why they will support the Democrats 'do nothing until we hit bankruptcy" plan.

still waiting on your defense of why Congress can regulate mental activity.

You should actually read it. It is about decision making concerning insurance.

On page 46, following the mental activity quote, you find what I've argued all along:

So the argument is not what you are NRO is trying to make it out to be, so once again they are inaccurate.

The Murray-Blessing 1982 survey[18] asked historians whether they were liberal or conservative on domestic, social and economic issues. The table below shows that the two groups had only small differences in ranking the best and worst presidents. Both groups agreed on the composition of nine of the top ten Presidents (and were split over the inclusion of either Lyndon B. Johnson or Dwight D. Eisenhower), and six of the worst seven (split over Jimmy Carter or Calvin Coolidge). Conservatives placed Democrat Harry S. Truman at a higher ranking.

Rankings by Liberals and Conservatives Rank Liberals (n=190) Conservatives (n=50)
1 Abraham Lincoln Abraham Lincoln
2 Franklin D. Roosevelt Washington
3 Washington Franklin D. Roosevelt

I recall that it was the rich Wall street segment that brought his country close to economic ruin in 2008. They create the bubbles that make them rich and they skip when they burst and leave the tax payers to pick up the pieces and give them more money.

the housing bubble is caused by liberal policy designed to give people things they can't afford, and had a major part in our economic ruin.

actually NRO cited that point and dealt with it as well. but nice try.

but i'm still waiting on you to defend the right of Congress to regulate mental activity.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…