• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Politics Girl: The GOP is broken......

Oh. So my point DID sail right over your head. Okay.

It's all a show. Both sides are playing their part. The show doesn't really matter. The outcome has been predetermined. It's like professional wrestling.

This lady is like the person in the stands who shouts and roots for the wrestler they like and shouts and cusses at the wrestler they don't like. She doesn't know it's all a show and the winner has been predetermined.

In other words, your four points are irrelevant.
Irrelevant?

Between 2016 2020, over 700 bills were passed by the House and sent to Congress and only 70 of those were put up by McConnell to be voted on and only 38 passed (mostly the ones benefitting the Republicans.

You are right in the fact that the votes were mostly an act because passing or not passing of those 70 bills was a foregone conclusion before they ever got to the vote. They were the ones that McConnell wanted passed. Unfortunately, over 600 bills did not get voted on at all, mainly because they helped the people and did not help the Republicans and that was not something that McConnell was even going to allow.

As far as this vote on the Black woman for the Supreme Court, McConnell could not stop it because Schumer is the one that decides whether someone will be put up for vote (unlike McConnell deciding in 2015 that Garland was not going to be put up for vote, given that he was likely to pass as he was considered a moderate). As such, the woman was put up for vote. Nonetheless, here is where your comment is wrong. It was not a "show". Both parties playing their part. The outcome was (and still not is) predetermined. The parties are split 50-50 in the Senate and the deciding vote is cast by the VP, meaning that it is pre-determined if everyone votes for their side. Nonetheless, on this occasion there are 2 Democrats that have leant more for the Republicans than the Democrats in the last year (Manchin and Synema), meaning that there is no way that this was predetermined. Not a show.

In addition, the Republicans were successful in doing something wrong and that is to abase the nominee in the eyes of their Republicans supporters, meaning that people are not going to be willing to accept her decisions in the Supreme Court but criticize them. That is not something that should ever happen.

Once again, you are pooh-poohing the damage that the Republican party is doing to the nation. Is that something that a "show" should be put on for?

Damn. She nailed it.

Let's hope more Americans are waking up to what the republicans are doing. I know a bunch of young ones certainly are.

Irrelevant?

Between 2016 2020, over 700 bills were passed by the House and sent to Congress and only 70 of those were put up by McConnell to be voted on and only 38 passed (mostly the ones benefitting the Republicans.
And Dingy Harry did the same thing when he was in charge of the Senate.

You are still missing my point. We aren't talking about "bills". That lady was talking about the Supreme Court nomination. And I'm saying this whole confirmation dog and pony show is just that...a show.

Try to focus, eh?

And Dingy Harry did the same thing when he was in charge of the Senate.

You are still missing my point. We aren't talking about "bills". That lady was talking about the Supreme Court nomination. And I'm saying this whole confirmation dog and pony show is just that...a show.

Try to focus, eh?
Let me put it another ways in the "hope" that something can get through to your brain.

Here is what kind of "show" Trump and the Republicans are showing. Put the guy this video is talking about as an example of what Trump and the Republicans are doing.

Some shows are worth doing and watching and some shows should be canned before they even begin. The latter applies to the Trump and McConnel shows. This is a show that is a waste of time and an insult to sanity.

Oh I see, so then if the shoe fits for when Trump nominated his ultra conservative picks for the Supreme Court his number one priority. Ah huh. Have problems with women who are black?
"ultra conservative" is a subjective judgement and I don't recall Trump saying he was going to limit his nominations to "what looney lefties classify and ultra conservative". Do you?

Yep, the Republicans are working to destroy the enemy (the Democrats) just like Putin is destroying Ukraine. An aristocracy is what the Republicans want. The people be screwed and the rich Republicans take over and use the nation as their slaves.

We totally see where you are coming from, Fletch (Putin lover).
How stupid. And desperate.

Yes, winning at all costs is all that matters.....
Republicans will win this fall because the left has lost its collective mind. That wont stop you from whining about it though.

How stupid. And desperate.
Prove it isn't so?

You should know by now that I don't opine and speculate. Everything I state I can back up with data and facts. All you ever give are opinions.

1) Trump has clearly stated that the "Democrats are the enemy". Words out of his own mouth.
2) Trump and the Republicans tried to go around the Constitution in 4 different ways (I showed the ways in another post I put up yesterday) and therefore what Trump and the Republicans want is an aristocracy. Simple proof is that the Republican party has split as many Republicans have left the party. It is not called Trump's party, meaning that the supporters want "ONE MAN" to run the country. That is the definition of aristocracy.
3) The tax cut that was done by Trump and the Republicans helped the rich much more than the poor (87% to be exact).

Now, see if you can prove that my statements are stupid and desperate. I dare you to prove me wrong.

Republicans will win this fall because the left has lost its collective mind. That wont stop you from whining about it though.
echo talk from the TC chamber.

has been for a very long time. Preach!

ALEC subverted the GOP to put Koch style fascism in place. Meanwhile ALEC politics is threatening no question about it however ALEC FASCIST anti American PARTY remains a minority thus there is no reason
this group should control anything. Which is why criminal voter suppression is so important. ALEC is focused a lot on state and local government in their effort to over throw the USA from the inside so to speak.

Some billionaires lose their minds nonetheless ALEC is definitely a threat.

Abolish the Electoral College…it DOES NOT allow for every vote to count....

ALEC GOP are CLINGING to the Electoral College. They know it’s their ONLY shot at winning the presidency! The GOP has not won a popular vote in decades.

Remember: Republicans have only won the popular vote ONCE in the last 30 years!

As long as the Electoral College stays in place, it’ll continue to hold a stranglehold on our democracy!

We MUST abolish this archaic institution before it’s too late! – LET"S VOTE OUT ALEC AND THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE !!!!!

Declare Election Day A Holiday! Restore the Voting Rights Act now.
https://act.credoaction.com/sign/voting_rights_amendment_act/?t=3&akid=11550.1167330.RnT3Z4

BEGIN ORGANIZING YOUR VOTING DAY PACKETS = Democracy NOW

Voters must assume well organized ANTI AMERICAN FASCIST CONSERVATIVES aka ALEC may have purged YOU from the voting rolls. Any way possible

Okay let's plan ahead. VOTE VOTE VOTE

And check often to see if you as as voter have been purged.

Voters ORGANIZE A VOTING DAY PACKET which should contain:

--- a birth certificate

--- drivers license or state ID card

--- proof of voter registration etc etc etc.

--- Keep this information close by for at least 100 years.

Let's get on with it. WE voters have a mess to clean up.

CONSERVATIVE ALEC will never give up squashing democracy and YOUR right to vote.

Back
Top Bottom