• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Planned Parenthood sued

This lawsuit is going to get settled out of court, for an undisclosed amount of money. Planned Parenthood is not going to let this case go to a jury. The incident happened on their property. With the number of incidents that there have been at Planned abortion clinics, should they have known this was a possibility? I'm pro-abortion. I don't hate Planned Parenthood. I just don't see how they win this. Their insurance carrier is going to be wanting to settle. I don't think the suits are political. The theater in Aurora? It was also sued. The cases will be coming to court in July 2016.

Colorado Planned Parenthood shooting victims file suit - CNN.com

:bravo:

I pray for the Stewart and Wagner family. I hope this lawsuit brings some sort of closure. It is about time we go after PP. These clinics are unsafe, foster a dangerous environment and lead to more violence in areas near a clinic.

These clinics have caused so much death, I am glad these families are going after such a evil organization. Arsons, terrorist attacks, bomb threats, when will the violence end?

These clinics should foster a welcoming and friendly environment for women.

The reality is many of these clinics promote the exact opposite emotions - fear, danger, sadness, grief. Women should not be subjected to such dangerous conditions.

Who are the terrorists though C.A? The true monsters are those killing babies and selling baby parts.

We need to abolish these gulags, not protect them however it would be appropriate that they be surrounded by barb wires.

Exactly the opposite. All these woman are strong and beautiful however PP tricks them into thinking an abortion is the best solution.

The abortion industry is funded on the death and misery of others.

I 100% support women however groups like PP want to control and suppress them.

58266232.jpg

I get the feeling that this lawsuit is politically motivated.

My main concern are for the families that had to endure a loss of a loved one at the hands of the negligence of Planned Parenthood.

Justice is the primary concern not politics.

My main concern are for the families that had to endure a loss of a loved one at the hands of the negligence of Planned Parenthood.

That is bullcrap. Blaming Planned Parenthood for a mentally ill fanatic is just pure political crap.

Then stop trying to take away their rights, that is the most heinous of abuses. It is none of your GD business.

I have reviewed the constitution thoroughly and no where does it say a person has the right to kill a innocent human being. In fact, it argues the complete opposite.

I still do not understand the logic of the left: It is heinous to want to protect the lives of the innocent yet it is perfectly morally acceptable to suck the brain out of fetus, crush its body, and sell it on the black market?

:wow:

That is bullcrap. Blaming Planned Parenthood for a mentally ill fanatic is just pure political crap.

Planned Parenthood has a pattern of violence, terrorism, bombings, shootings etc....

Is it odd you do not see this type of violence conducted in hospitals but it is happening a lot in these clinics, which oddly are being built in populations where a lot of African Americans and latinos live in.

Seriously?

Your main concern should be the loss of a loved one at the hand of a murdering fanatic.

Blaming Planned Parenthood for not turning into a fortress of solitude by being a target of such fanatics? That's a but much. :roll:

Planned Parenthood “provided little or no security at (the clinic) such as an armed guard and perimeter fencing, as they do in other clinics,” the lawsuit said.

“It provided no signs, posters, verbal or any other type of warning describing the risk of physical harm, injury or death associated with entering (Planned Parenthood) properties.”

At least eight abortion clinic workers have been killed since 1977 and clinics have reported nearly 7,000 incidents of trespassing, vandalism, arson, death threats, and other forms of violence since then, according to the National Abortion Federation.

Planned Parenthood Sued Over Colorado Clinic Shooting

Completely unacceptable in my opinion. The concentration camps in Germany had armed guards. These abortion clinics should have a high a level security since it is essentially the same type of facility.

Planned Parenthood has a pattern of violence, terrorism, bombings, shootings etc....

Is it odd you do not see this type of violence conducted in hospitals but it is happening a lot in these clinics, which oddly are being built in populations where a lot of African Americans and latinos live in.

So why are you not aiming your desire for lawsuits at the groups and people encouraging that? It would at least make sense. You are wanting the victim blamed for the actions of criminals.

So why are you not aiming your desire for lawsuits at the groups and people encouraging that? It would at least make sense. You are wanting the victim blamed for the actions of criminals.

I am unsure what is your point?

A mentally ill man that is not competent to stand trial committed the crime. PP was unable to provide basic security to prevent the attack. PP is legally responsible. Ask ANY attorney.

How about targeting the nutters who think they are fighting the good fight by blowing up, burning, or running in and shooting everyone? Filing suit against the church groups and anti-abortion organizations who incite such violence, and the families of the criminals who actually attacked the clinics?

Also, CMP, because it was their heavily edited videos that set the shooter off.

Unlike anti-abortionists who would compel her to have, and then either raise an unwanted child, or give it to an orphanage...which BTW are still full of unwanted babies. I wonder where all you volunteer parents are, willing to take up this burden?

How many of those kids would you euthanize to end their pain?

A mentally ill man that is not competent to stand trial committed the crime. PP was unable to provide basic security to prevent the attack. PP is legally responsible. Ask ANY attorney.

Why are you people so sue happy in the US? Something bad happen? Sue and cash in on it!!!!!

Hold on, in Aurora, Colorado those who were shot and were traumatized by the shootings sued the movie theater. Was that also bullcrap? This happened on Planned Parenthood's property. There have been a number of attacks over the years on abortion clinics. Should the clinic have provided security? If the clinic did provide security was it insufficient? Just because Planned Parenthood is a popular abortion mill doesn't mean that it shouldn't be responsible for what happens on its property, like any other organization.

It is not PP fault. How did he get the gun? WHo was in charge of his mental health issues? I am not saying sue them....but they had more of a hand in the massacre than PP did. How do you keep someone safe from that.

Frankly the ones really to look at are the "Tiller Tiller baby killer" type of fanatics. They do more to insight such violence than anyone.

But suing Planned Parenthood? How could they possibly have prevented such an assault....really. Add a few more rentacops? Really?

The hole thing is political clap trap.

Hold on, in Aurora, Colorado those who were shot and were traumatized by the shootings sued the movie theater. Was that also bullcrap? This happened on Planned Parenthood's property. There have been a number of attacks over the years on abortion clinics. Should the clinic have provided security? If the clinic did provide security was it insufficient? Just because Planned Parenthood is a popular abortion mill doesn't mean that it shouldn't be responsible for what happens on its property, like any other organization.

Do you think the theater should be sued? I do not. What could a layer of rentacops do? I occasionally go to a theater in Oakland CA that gets a bit dicey in the evening. They have their bag checks and rentacops....I have absolutely no illusion (delusion) that if someone wanted to come in with an automatic weapon they would and be able to murder dozens of people.

What layers of security are you looking for that would prevent such a massacre - either at PP or the theater.

We have poorly treated mentally ill people with significant weapondry.....and your answer is to ramp up security - which will never be enough if the intent and crazy level is there,

Do you think the theater should be sued? I do not. What could a layer of rentacops do? I occasionally go to a theater in Oakland CA that gets a bit dicey in the evening. They have their bag checks and rentacops....I have absolutely no illusion (delusion) that if someone wanted to come in with an automatic weapon they would and be able to murder dozens of people.

What layers of security are you looking for that would prevent such a massacre - either at PP or the theater.

We have poorly treated mentally ill people with significant weapondry.....and your answer is to ramp up security - which will never be enough if the intent and crazy level is there,

Our legal system allows the theater to be sued. Just as it allows Planned Parenthood to be sued for something that happened on its property. Now the question will be up to a jury to determine. That is how our system works.

...carried out by pro-life activists. I'm sure that's what you meant to say.

I hope this lawsuit brings some sort of closure. It is about time we go after PP.
What a moronic comment.

These clinics are unsafe
If they are unsafe it is because some imbeciles are choosing to break laws, not because of the nature of the clinics.

These clinics have caused so much death
No they have not but, they sure prevented many.

I am glad these families are going after such a evil organization.
Of course you would. It just show what kind of person you are.

Arsons, terrorist attacks, bomb threats, when will the violence end?
As soon as those assholes will stop meddling in other people's lives and mind their own empty ones.

Exactly the opposite. All these woman are strong and beautiful however PP tricks them into thinking an abortion is the best solution.
So when you have no intelligent arguments, just retarded comments, lies are the next step for you.

Colorado Planned Parenthood shooting victims file suit - CNN.com

:bravo:

I pray for the Stewart and Wagner family. I hope this lawsuit brings some sort of closure. It is about time we go after PP. These clinics are unsafe, foster a dangerous environment and lead to more violence in areas near a clinic.

These clinics have caused so much death, I am glad these families are going after such a evil organization. Arsons, terrorist attacks, bomb threats, when will the violence end?

Wait, people attack Planned Parenthood, and you blame ... Planned Parenthood?

Our legal system allows the theater to be sued. Just as it allows Planned Parenthood to be sued for something that happened on its property. Now the question will be up to a jury to determine. That is how our system works.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

May I ask, what do you think Planned Parenthood could have done to prevent this type of attack?

Or the theater.

Wait, people attack Planned Parenthood, and you blame ... Planned Parenthood?
Maybe Planned Parenthood was wearing a short skirt and deserved the attack.

Back
Top Bottom