• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pirate Cook Saves Hostages.

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Story is here:
Pirate cook saves hostages, faces life on the run - Somalia- msnbc.com

Apparently the cook in this pirate crew had a humanitarian moment when the situation devolved into a life threatening one for the ships crew. It seems bureacratic red tape is keeping him from gaining asylum into the EU nations or friendly middle east.

Personally I think the guy is a hero and maybe the U.S. should grant him political asylum if necessary. It's pretty much agreed on all sides sending him back to his home would be a death sentance.

Last edited:
Story is here:
Pirate cook saves hostages, faces life on the run - Somalia- msnbc.com

Apparently the cook in this pirate crew had a humanitarian moment when the situation devolved into a life threatening one for the ships crew. It seems bureacratic red tape is keeping him from gaining asylum into the EU nations or friendly middle east.

Personally I think the guy is a hero and maybe the U.S. should grant him political asylum if necessary. It's pretty much agreed on all sides sending him back to his home would be a death sentance.

Apparently a Pirate with a conscience? but still a Pirate?
Since when does the US admit to permitting Criminals to emigrate into the US>

our early space program was lttered with them

This seems to be a situation of him taking a position to get money, but not an aggressive one. The worst crime I could see in this situation would be aiding and abetting, while that is kind of a big crime to aid in he seems to have been unwilling to take it too far when his cohorts elevated the situation.

Also in this rare incidence I think mercy is preferable, in a better location with opportunity this man has a skillset to start with as a cook. If he could get gainful employment then the motives for further crime are nullified, as well he showed no real criminal traits so I don't see him as an importer of criminal activity.

Since for ever and especially since and during WW2.

Back
Top Bottom