• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Phrase -That's mighty white of you/mighty white of you-Racist -???

Phrase -That's mighty white of you/mighty white of you-Racist -Bigoted???

• Total voters
I haven't heard that term in 40 years or more. Giving it some thought, I'd say it's racist since it implies "whites are good/fair/honest etc., all others not."

Yes White is Right & Just are well implied in this saying.
I recall the last one where there was a Poll (IIRC) Gypsy. Definitely racist

I haven't heard that term in 40 years or more. Giving it some thought, I'd say it's racist since it implies "whites are good/fair/honest etc., all others not."

Correct. It is a composition error [inferring that something is true for the whole because it is true for part of the whole] involving people as the class and a genetic trait (skin color) as the property. Thus, it is racism.

Is it racist when blacks call each other "brother"? After all, the inference is that other people are not their brothers, only their own race. Thats pretty racist.

Same as using the N word or Gypsy?

It means: "mighty fake generous of you". It's not about race or ethnicity, it's about the majority power not giving a crap and pretending to. At least when used facetiously (the only way I've seen it used). It's not saying white people are bad; it's saying those in power are indifferent to the struggles of others. More literally, it would be "mighty majority power of you".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom