• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pfizer Blocks the Use of Its Drugs in Executions

Pfizer Blocks the Use of Its Drugs in Executions

• Total voters
Why is it ludicrous? Are you fighting to abolish the death penalty? Will that help criminals or the state? Okay, which side are you on? Defending the criminal. It's clear.

You have not checked any of the links I provided, or if you did it was cursory at best.
I disagree with the State- You think that by doing so I am defending criminals.
No I am not. I am against the DP and you come up with, well those executed never killed again. How much thought did it take to get to that?
Question- I wonder if you are for small Govt and less intrusion by the State into peoples lives and the economy?

Agree 100%.

They can make the choice to sell a product or not. Personally I think we should go back to firing squads and stop concerning ourselves with the humane execution of criminals. It's no different than putting down a rabid dog as far as I'm concerned.

I think they should be executed in the manner they killed their victim(s) but the politically correct faction would never allow that.

I think they should be executed in the manner they killed their victim(s) but the politically correct faction would never allow that.

Then you are fine when the State violates the Constitution? Or does this just apply to criminals?

The death penalty is like hiring a murderer to take care of a murderer to solve the problem of murder in society.

So for example, the state should hire someone to rape, skin, and leave the inmate to die. That's insane.

Last edited:
The d/p doesn't violate the constitution.

You might want to look over your comment, think about how some murders occur, and then review the eighth amendment.

You have not checked any of the links I provided, or if you did it was cursory at best.
I disagree with the State- You think that by doing so I am defending criminals.
No I am not. I am against the DP and you come up with, well those executed never killed again. How much thought did it take to get to that?
Question- I wonder if you are for small Govt and less intrusion by the State into peoples lives and the economy?

Right you are against the death penalty in all circumstances. No matter if the guilt of the person is clear. You side with the criminals on death row. You defend them. Own it.

Right you are against the death penalty in all circumstances. No matter if the guilt of the person is clear. You side with the criminals on death row. You defend them. Own it.

You just keep on getting it wrong.

You just keep on getting it wrong.

I know that you are opposed to the death penalty in all cases regardless if the person is clearly guilty, has admitted guilty, there are tons of witnesses, whatever. You are on the same side as the convicted murderers on death row.

I know that you are opposed to the death penalty in all cases regardless if the person is clearly guilty, has admitted guilty, there are tons of witnesses, whatever. You are on the same side as the convicted murderers on death row.

Did you look at how many counties use the DP. How it is unevenly applied. Is that justice?
Do anyone who disagrees with a Law/punishment, on the side of criminals?

While I'm not in favor of criminal penalties being for revenge, remember that executed convicts have a zero recidivism rate. Some crimes are so heinous that it's best it be made certain they never repeat offend.

Did you look at how many counties use the DP. How it is unevenly applied. Is that justice?
Do anyone who disagrees with a Law/punishment, on the side of criminals?

No, anyone that fights to save the lives of condemned murderers, well, they are siding with the criminals over the state.

While I'm not in favor of criminal penalties being for revenge, remember that executed convicts have a zero recidivism rate. Some crimes are so heinous that it's best it be made certain they never repeat offend.

Someone with life in prison can reoffend. It has happened time and time again.

No, anyone that fights to save the lives of condemned murderers, well, they are siding with the criminals over the state.

You refuse to look at evidence. Your rebuttals are weak, accuse the person against the DP of siding with criminals.
No information, nothing aside from accusations.

And those that have been convicted, sentenced to the DP and exonerated 20 years later.
Revenge should not be part of the justice system,

You're the one who brought up the constitution.....
Your post

Reason being
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791[1]) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that this amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishment Clause also applies to the states. The phrases in this amendment originated in the English Bill of Rights of 1689.

If Pfizer sells a drug, they have to sell it to everyone. I read that somewhere on these boards.

Someone argued that if you have a good for sale, you couldn't refuse selling it to the government? Where did you read that? Lol, even if they did - you do realize that the government is not a person. Correct?

Someone argued that if you have a good for sale, you couldn't refuse selling it to the government? Where did you read that? Lol, even if they did - you do realize that the government is not a person. Correct?

Did you have a point? If not, I'm will treat your rhetorical questions appropriately.

Back
Top Bottom