• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PETA says don't say 'CHEESE!', but 'nutritional YEAST!' for photos

Chock Full o Nuts

Voting for Pedro!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

PETA requested Tuesday school photography companies cease using the phrase "say cheese” for picture days, arguing it reminds children of bovine suffering.
I challenge you to go ask as many children(or adults for that matter) as you want what they think of when they 'say cheese'.
That is if they even do. I never did. They told me to, and I just smiled.

I doubt you'll find a one that says that, but keep trying. That will keep you occupied for a while.
Likely think of nothing; but if they do, probably 'CHEESEBURGER!'

PETA has previously called for the replacement of idioms like “kill two birds with one stone” and “bring home the bacon” with “feed two birds with one scone” and “bring home the bagels” respectively. It also asked baseball teams to refer to their bullpens as “arm-barns.”
No, I will not. If I said one of those to someone, they will say, "do you mean....?" and would question my sanity.

These people don't do themselves any favors in their attempt to bring attention. You are laughed at more than 'bringing to your side'.

I challenge you to go ask as many children(or adults for that matter) as you want what they think of when they 'say cheese'.

I doubt you'll find a one that says that, but keep trying. That will keep you occupied for a while.

No, I will not. If I said one of those to someone, they will say, "do you mean....?" and would question my sanity.

These people don't do themselves any favors in their attempt to bring attention. You are laughed at more than 'bringing to your side'.
"Arm barns"?

Your making threads about PETA and CHEESE and you think you have a right to make comments on the aesthetics of Hamas?

Last edited:
And all of the kids will say "wtf is nutritional yeast?"

PETA is a PITA.

It's always very very hard to take PETA seriously.

Your making threads about PETA and CHEESE and you think you have a right to make comments on the aesthetics of Hamas?
You are responding to threads about PETA and CHEESE and blah blah blah?

Back
Top Bottom