• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People's Budget.

Do you support the People's Budget?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

almost everyone making under 125k a year which is the lionshare of the american people dont take itemized deductions they do short form

You know if the tax code wasn't so ****ed up, we wouldn't need gazillions of loopholes and deductions. You'd be able to buy a house without the interest deduction, which is really corporate welfare for the housing industry. That's the problem, you guys are like fleas on a dog arguing over the color of the fur, when what we really need is a new dog.

You know if the tax code wasn't so ****ed up, we wouldn't need gazillions of loopholes and deductions. You'd be able to buy a house without the interest deduction, which is really corporate welfare for the housing industry.

I agree.

That's the problem, you guys are like fleas on a dog arguing over the color of the fur, when what we really need is a new dog.

what

almost everyone making under 125k a year which is the lionshare of the american people dont take itemized deductions they do short form

Well, this is not a surprise when 47% of the people pay no income tax.

Your quote was about taxes, and as has been pointed out to you a few times, income taxes is not the only way people pay taxes. So, not paying one tax doesn't mean all that much. :coffeepap

Income taxes are the only way that pay taxes to the Federal government.

I doubt very seriosuly that you are correct on that one. Anyone making 50 g's+, that does the the short form is a ****ing idiot and since ****ing idiots don't make that kind of money, or more, I doubt that they do the short form.

There's no way around deductions. That's just a fact of life.

I doubt very seriosuly that you are correct on that one. Anyone making 50 g's+, that does the the short form is a ****ing idiot and since ****ing idiots don't make that kind of money, or more, I doubt that they do the short form.

That's not true. Many middle-class people are better off taking the standard deduction than itemizing...and even among the ones who aren't, it's often very close. This is especially true for those who don't have a mortgage, those who receive their compensation in the form of higher wages instead of health benefits, and/or those who live in low-tax states/locales. In other words, people who don't do what the federal government wants them to do.

There's no way around deductions. That's just a fact of life.

Deductions are only a fact of life because the government has MADE them a fact of life.

Last edited:
Hell, read it and you can see.

I did. At least, the executive summary of it.

I mean, obviously, we're going to disagree about the implications of it and whether said implications are good. But I am willing to listen to a solid, reasoned argument that clearly explains why The People's Budget is such a bad thing.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…