• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People Outraged After Fox News Tries To Blame Meghan And Harry For Prince Philip's Death

Archie will take the title of Earl of Dumbarton later; this is his father's title now.

His lack of a title now was NOT at palace directive. He is NOT entitled to the title of prince until Prince Charles ascends the throne.

There is no evidence at all beyond Meghan's claims that the color of Archie's skin has ever been discussed.

Meghan, who has chosen to pass for white (because, she says, a high school teacher advised her to), tried to play the race card here. The royal family was thrilled to have her aboard, and the Queen offered her perks that nobody else had ever been offered, one of those being an invitation to Sandringham while only engaged, another in paying for an over-the-top second wedding costing millions of dollars. (See Charles and Camilla's wedding.) The UK was thrilled that the royal family would now be more diverse.

So you think it is just coincidence that Archie is the 1st child born of royal blood that does not receive protection and was not given a title? How unfortunate.....What bad luck and he's a half blood too. Poor Archie he just can't catch a break. :D

So you think it is just coincidence that Archie is the 1st child born of royal blood that does not receive protection and was not given a title? How unfortunate.....What bad luck and he's a half blood too. Poor Archie he just can't catch a break. :D

His parents are not working royals; they are private citizens living in the United States.

From the Guardian:

Under protocols established by George V in letters patent more than 100 years ago in 1917, the children and grandchildren of a sovereign have the automatic right to the title HRH and prince or princess.

At the time Archie was born, he was the great-grandchild of a sovereign, not a grandchild.

George V’s declaration sets out: “The grandchildren of the sons of any such sovereign in the direct male line (save only the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales) shall have and enjoy in all occasions the style and title enjoyed by the children of dukes of this realm.”

As such, Archie will be entitled to the titles when Prince Charles accedes the throne.

George V’s declaration means that only Prince George, as a great-grandson of the monarch down the direct line of succession to the throne, was originally entitled to be a prince, as he is the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales. Was Meghan's son Archie denied the title 'prince' because he's mixed race? | Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex | The Guardian

From the Guardian on May 8, 2019:

The couple have chosen not to use a title for their son. As the first-born son of a duke, Archie could have become the Earl of Dumbarton – one of Harry’s subsidiary titles. Instead he will be Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. A source said: “They have chosen not to use a courtesy title.”

When his grandfather, Charles, becomes king, he will automatically become Prince Archie, as the title is automatically conferred on a child of a son of a sovereign. But he or his parents may choose not to use it. Harry and Meghan reveal royal baby's name is Archie | Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex | The Guardian

Let me guess: You’re alluding to Megain’s insinuation that a royal had expressed concern about what color her baby might be only to have Harry, poorly coached, come along at the end of the interview to say that before they were married someone in the family had expressed concerns about what the baby would look like?

Because you’re so well-informed, you no doubt can identify that family member. If you can’t, I can and may even be able to provide a little context.

In the meantime, be aware that couples always wonder what their baby will look like—who she or he will favor—irrespective of race. And certainly mixed-race couples do too.

And you're assuming that I somehow don't realize what was said in the interview, and this is a very bad assumption.

I'm pretty sure that you aren't ready to actually discuss what led up to "Megxit"--e.g. when the Sussexes began trademarking and so on. I am.

I think a fair summary is that the Sussexes hoped to be "half in and half out," enjoying the special occasions of pomp and circumstance while avoiding the tedious responsibilities of opening schools and hospitals. They also hoped to exploit their royal connection, and they still are because this--royal adjacency--is all they have going for them.

Since you're intimately familiar with the Oprah interview, why don't you share your opinion on the many porkies told during this interview by the Sussexes? Don't worry; you can find lists in multiple places. Also photographic evidence. I'll even help you here: One lie told by Harry was that because he was never allowed, he was looking forward to taking his little son riding on the back of a bike.

Perhaps you could begin with the lie that little Archie wasn't "allowed" to be a prince. Or maybe that the couple's real wedding had taken place 3 days earlier. Your turn now.

I agree with you. Meghan and Harry want the good stuff that comes with his position, and have no interest in the boring mundane stuff that the Royals have to do.

I'm quite frankly tired of them, and find them to be a stain on an otherwise decent set of grandchildren of the Queen.

I agree with you. Meghan and Harry want the good stuff that comes with his position, and have no interest in the boring mundane stuff that the Royals have to do.

I'm quite frankly tired of them, and find them to be a stain on an otherwise decent set of grandchildren of the Queen.

Oh, yes, and their near-daily PR releases and leaks as they continue on their desperate search for privacy. :rolleyes:

And now MeGain has said through "friends" that she isn't attending the funeral because she doesn't want to be the center of attention. I just can't roll my eyes enough and am simply waiting for the inevitable pap shots to be released this week to distract attention from the funeral. I won't be even a little surprised if she suddenly goes into "early labor."

Even without being born an official prince, Archie was entitled to the courtesy title of Earl of Dumbarton as heir to his dad's Scottish earldom. Instead, in the days after his birth, it was announced that his official title would not make him an earl or even a lord, but would simply be Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.
Harry and Meghan told Oprah that Archie's lack of title was a palace directive.
Though they didn't discuss the choice to make Archie a "master" rather than an earl or lord upon his birth, the almost-2-year-old's parents did reveal to Oprah that the choice of Archie's title "was not our decision to make." Meghan added that, in contrast to those previous reports, they would've gladly allowed their son to be called a prince "if it meant he was going to be safe," since he's currently not automatically entitled to palace-sponsored security.

Instead, they said, they were informed that once Charles takes the throne, he'll be taking steps to slim down the monarchy that will likely result in the loss of titles for Harry's children. While pregnant, Meghan said, "We have in tandem the conversation of he won't be given security, he's not going to be given a title."

And with some of those conversations also, shockingly, revolving around "how dark his skin might be when he's born," as she added, it begs the question of whether the decision to keep her and Harry's children from using the HRH title is racially motivated, especially as Meghan expressed sadness and bewilderment at "the idea of the first member of color in this family not being titled in the same way that other grandchildren would be."

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a35769687/archie-harrison-royal-title/

Which just demonstrated Meghan’s ignorance of Royal protocol. Only royals in the direct line of succession of the reigning monarch have been given a title of prince or princess since 1917 when King George V chose to trim the fat. It was Harry and Meghan’s decision that Archie would not adopt Harry’s title as Earl of Dumbarton as a courtesy title.

Last edited:
Which just demonstrated Meghan’s ignorance of Royal protocol. Only royals in the direct line of succession of the reigning monarch have been given a title of prince or princess since 1917 when King George V chose to trim the fat. It was Harry and Meghan’s decision that Archie would not adopt Harry’s title as Earl of Dumbarton as a courtesy title.

And Harry surely knew this.

And now MeGain has said through "friends" that she isn't attending the funeral because she doesn't want to be the center of attention. I just can't roll my eyes enough and am simply waiting for the inevitable pap shots to be released this week to distract attention from the funeral. I won't be even a little surprised if she suddenly goes into "early labor."

Didn’t even wait that long. An article came out about how many times they’ve called the police since buying their California home on the day Prince Phillip’s death was announced.
And Harry surely knew this.
One would think so, but Harry has always been a malcontent and public nuisance for the Royal family.

Somehow a little birdie let slip that Meghan had sent a wreath with a note (and she certainly wasn't merching the florist, which is connected to Soho House). One of Meghan's problems is that she thinks she knows it all when she doesn't, but I don't know whether the florist didn't tell her or she just didn't care that white flowers were most appropriate. Interesting is the fact that in photos, her note is unseen. My bet is that a courtier or lady-in-waiting swept that right up and out of sight.

And somehow--what a mystery!--today is Princess Charlotte's birthday, and we've all learned that Meghan sent her a "sweet note." Everything about this crass and thirsty woman is performative.:rolleyes:

Didn’t even wait that long. An article came out about how many times they’ve called the police since buying their California home on the day Prince Phillip’s death was announced.

One would think so, but Harry has always been a malcontent and public nuisance for the Royal family.

I didn't realize until this past year how protected he was by the palace and how much I'd bought into the carefully crafted persona.

I didn't realize until this past year how protected he was by the palace and how much I'd bought into the carefully crafted persona.

I would say he’s the one Royal the palace could never build an effective narrative around. Harry has been a notorious public drunk and mischief maker since his teenage years. It’s always apt when people compare him to Edward VIII and even eerily so thinking back to the time he decided to get wasted at a costume party dressed as a Nazi.

I would say he’s the one Royal the palace could never build an effective narrative around. Harry has been a notorious public drunk and mischief maker since his teenage years.

And that's the "jack-the-lad" side, but there is a much darker one. I used to think that Harry was just whipped, but now I realize that Meghan was his facilitator. Megxit was in the works before the wedding.

And that's the "jack-the-lad" side, but there is a much darker one. I used to think that Harry was just whipped, but now I realize that Meghan was his facilitator. Megxit was in the works before the wedding.

I think Harry had a real chance when he came out of the military, but Meghan fed into his worst instincts.

First, only one commentator doesn't represent the entirety of Fox News. Second, Prince Philip had been being treated for an infection post-heart surgery. I've thought for a couple of years that he was being treated for an "undisclosed illness."

Third, Prince Philip was discharged from the hospital to die at home, and from what I've read, the entire family, including Harry, was told over a month ago that this was it for Philip. Harry made noises about how he was isolating so he could fly home to visit his grandfather...but chose attention-whoring with James Corden and doing/updating the Oprah interview as more important.
Doesnt implicate them in his death.

I would say he’s the one Royal the palace could never build an effective narrative around. Harry has been a notorious public drunk and mischief maker since his teenage years. It’s always apt when people compare him to Edward VIII and even eerily so thinking back to the time he decided to get wasted at a costume party dressed as a Nazi.

I think Harry had a real chance when he came out of the military, but Meghan fed into his worst instincts.

I had no idea he was so bitterly resentful about being the "spare," but she certainly fed into that, and in retrospect, the palace so often making him "equal" to William was a mistake.

I do still find hilarious the hubris required to believe that you are the modernizing "saviors" of this British institution and that the other stupid royals just don't know how to handle your star power. How grand and gracious the two of them were in their Megxit statement about continuing to "collaborate" with the Queen.

And I didn't claim that it did. But it certainly revealed to the world their priorities, particularly after Meghan announced that no, they would not postpone the Oprah interview and that the palace was trying to "muzzle" her.:rolleyes:

No one can know if it contributed to his death, but what absolutely no one can deny is that a 99 year old man with health problems would be better off without the stress induced by his grandson throwing him and everyone else under the bus to Oprah Winfrey with lies. If Harry has a conscience then this will weigh on him forever and he deserves it.

I'm still going with my hunch that he died because he was 99 ****ing years old. I mean, I don't know....a lot of people die when they approach 100.

Did somebody on fox really say that? LMAO

then again, is it really surprising? for YEARS fox has been number 1 or number 2 of the most biased and dishonest mainstream media news channels out there. You can order them how you want but its 1 or 2 for FOX.

so its not really shocking what they say anymore.

No one can know if it contributed to his death, but what absolutely no one can deny is that a 99 year old man with health problems would be better off without the stress induced by his grandson throwing him and everyone else under the bus to Oprah Winfrey with lies. If Harry has a conscience then this will weigh on him forever and he deserves it.

I don't think that he does.

The Sussexes, along with the rest of the family, had been told that the end was near for Prince Philip. Harry did not care, not enough to fly home and quarantine so that he could see his grandfather one last time...and he had plenty of time to do just that but didn't.

But look how he behaved at the funeral. His prime directive was to make sure there was a photo op with his brother, so he broke ranks to process with William and after the service raced to join his brother, coming in between William and his wife, with Catherine graciously stepping aside. Don't believe the reconciliation hopes; instead, watch Prince William "scarf" his brother with his tie. Here is the term's origin, and I think this will be a "tell" to watch for with William for many years:

Meghan doesn't like Trump, didn't invite him to the wedding. Automatic persona non gratis on Fox. Having said that I think Harry could have managed this situation a whole bunch better. I blame him more than her. As for this contributing to his death at 99......only on Fox.

Did somebody on fox really say that? LMAO

then again, is it really surprising? for YEARS fox has been number 1 or number 2 of the most biased and dishonest mainstream media news channels out there. You can order them how you want but its 1 or 2 for FOX.

so its not really shocking what they say anymore.

There is a thread about this, and I'll say here what I said in that thread: Brian Kilmeade, a morning show talking head, is not "Fox News," and he did express his opinion that the additional stress might have contributed to Prince Philip's decline. His opinion, and he may/may not be wrong.

But if you'd like to catch up, that dummy Gayle King has wondered aloud why Princess Anne was "allowed" to process with the male relatives.

The point is that talking heads are going to do what they do.

I'm still going with my hunch that he died because he was 99 ****ing years old. I mean, I don't know....a lot of people die when they approach 100.
You do know that Princess Diana was wasted by MI5, right?

Or was it MI6?

relax, j/k, I know you believe nothing of the sort. ;)

Meghan doesn't like Trump, didn't invite him to the wedding. Automatic persona non gratis on Fox. Having said that I think Harry could have managed this situation a whole bunch better. I blame him more than her. As for this contributing to his death at 99......only on Fox.

According to his biographer:

"I know from someone close to him that he thought Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey was 'madness' and 'no good would come of it,'" Brandreth told The Daily Mail. "I was not surprised because that is exactly how he described to me the personal TV interviews given by Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, back in the 1990s." https://www.today.com/news/prince-p...sonal-interviews-gyles-brandreth-says-t214727

Right, but ANY commentator on the left represents the ENTIRE left.

I still think his age MAY have been a factor in his death. 99 year old people can die just from that.

But I understand the Q masters have determined blame and you are sticking with it.
It depends, the left has far more of a hive mind and they love to lie.

No leftist ever tried to investigate the Trayvon Martin or George Floyd incidents, instead they supported rioters burning cities over them with no dissent. That’s why we can condemn the left broadly.

Back
Top Bottom