• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon, stumped by extremism in ranks, orders stand-down in next 60 days

Something similar happened at Fort Hood during my last hitch. They suddenly sort of descended on a few units and started pitching people out of the army for gang affiliation.
Different duty stations had different problems. Ft Bliss had drugs being so close to the border. Germany had problems with young Soldiers getting drunk and stupid with the drinking age being 18. Ft Riley we had a bunch of Soldiers getting in fights with college guys from K State. At Ft Sam, a lot of DRs and RNs got popped for prescription drug abuse.

I'm talking both Democrats and Republicans here.
I'm talking Americans and America.

Neither of your two major parties = racism exclusively.
Currently it's just the Democrats who are taking the denial side! The Republican side would just rather sweep it under the carpet and pretend it's not Trump's main schtick.
Then you're not familiar with the issues and should concentrate on what's going on at home.

In the minds of the left “racist” and “white nationalist” just mean non-leftist, the Washington post ran an article attributing Trumps many black and Latino supporters as supporting “multi-racial whiteness”

You have no leg to stand on when you support implementing an absolute monarchy with no rights to free speech.

The usual suspects are really telling on themselves here once again. It would be funny, if it wasn't also equally tragic.

If I was an American with some sort of authority I would have you brought in for questioning.
As I said before it’s a good thing you have zero power.
But it is funny to see you acting exactly like the people you were just screaming about.

If I was an American with some sort of authority I would have you brought in for questioning.

Thankfully, the US is not a tyranny....unlike the PRC. You actually have to have a reason in the US to “bring someone in for questioning“.

The Pentagon did not define whether stand-downs pausing regular activity across the U.S. military might last minutes or hours, or what commanders would do during that time to express opposition to extremism.

I would have thought that DoD would have fleshed this move out a little more before announcing it.......

I don’t like the sound of this.......

i know some folks that think there is a high percentage of Republican supporters in the military.

LOL. I wondered how long it would be before leftists started crying, "deep state".

Thankfully, the US is not a tyranny....unlike the PRC. You actually have to have a reason in the US to “bring someone in for questioning“.
Here's my reply that is fitting for your comments.
In America they don't bring black people in, they shoot them dead on the streets to save the trouble. Your irrational hate for China deserves no better.

The Pentagon did not define whether stand-downs pausing regular activity across the U.S. military might last minutes or hours, or what commanders would do during that time to express opposition to extremism.

I would have thought that DoD would have fleshed this move out a little more before announcing it.......

I don’t like the sound of this.......

i know some folks that think there is a high percentage of Republican supporters in the military.

Maybe if they had removed the racists names and confederate flags from military bases earlier it would have been more apparent that the military didn't support racism.

Maybe if they had removed the racists names and confederate flags from military bases earlier it would have been more apparent that the military didn't support racism.
Is it really true that Confederate flags were being flown on military bases up until recently? Or still are?
Just how serious is the threat to America of their military's hearts and minds be lost to the attempted fascist overthrown of democracy?

Deadly serious or just being proactive with precautions?

Then you're not familiar with the issues and should concentrate on what's going on at home.
Canada has its racists Fred, but America's racism problem is in a category by itself on account of the sheer size of the problem and the resorting to murder by the police as their only answer to fighting the problems.

Is it really true that Confederate flags were being flown on military bases up until recently? Or still are?
Just how serious is the threat to America of their military's hearts and minds be lost to the attempted fascist overthrown of democracy?

Deadly serious or just being proactive with precautions?
The confederate flags were more displayed by soldiers, I don't think thery were actually flown.

The confederate flags were more displayed by soldiers, I don't think thery were actually flown.
Yes, that would be reasonable to expect. And so the trouble brewing within would have been noted and recorded on each military base before the announcment of the stand-down. They would be fully aware that the offenders would go to ground.

And so now it's a question of the authorities on each base being properly motivated to uphold America's democratic government. Perhaps the majority will but the rot likely runs so deep that some won't root it out. Some high ranking military staff are taken in by the Trump regime's ambitions. It's festered for too long now to be put down completely and swiftly.

Yes, that would be reasonable to expect. And so the trouble brewing within would have been noted and recorded on each military base before the announcment of the stand-down. They would be fully aware that the offenders would go to ground.

And so now it's a question of the authorities on each base being properly motivated to uphold America's democratic government. Perhaps the majority will but the rot likely runs so deep that some won't root it out. Some high ranking military staff are taken in by the Trump regime's ambitions. It's festered for too long now to be put down completely and swiftly.
I'm afraid you are correct. And we are not seeing any stand down in local police departments, the cancer is there as well.

Here's my reply that is fitting for your comments.
In America they don't bring black people in, they shoot them dead on the streets to save the trouble. Your irrational hate for China deserves no better.

In China, meanwhile, they carve their prisoners up for their organs....including the folks who are only in jail because they had the misfortune of being related to people who dared to oppose the CPC.

Squealing about what a victim you think the regime is is fairly pathetic.

In China, meanwhile, they carve their prisoners up for their organs....including the folks who are only in jail because they had the misfortune of being related to people who dared to oppose the CPC.

Squealing about what a victim you think the regime is is fairly pathetic.

It could be considered to be a humanitarian gesture to harvest organs from executed political traitors who acted against the state.

Any and all religion based interference of their superstitious beliefs must be nipped in the bud, for the good of China's huge population that is dependent on equality.

China can't afford the luxury of tolerating any disruptions of the their system, neither domestic of foreign!

America's experience serves as a stark warning of trouble being brewed in China!

It could be considered to be a humanitarian gesture to harvest organs from executed political traitors who acted against the state.

Any and all religion based interference of their superstitious beliefs must be nipped in the bud, for the good of China's huge population that is dependent on equality.

China can't afford the luxury of tolerating any disruptions of the their system, neither domestic of foreign!

America's experience serves as a stark warning of trouble being brewed in China!

😂

It’s a special kind of ludicrous to claim that carving people you threw in jail for the “crime” of opposing you up for their organs is a “humanitarian gesture“.

If it was actually about “equality“ the CPC would allow free and fair elections, stop trying to exterminate the culture of the Tibetans and Uighurs, and cease the brutal crackdown on their own people.....none of which is happening any time soon.

Any system that needs tanks firing into crowds to ensure its own supremacy is a system doomed to failure.

China’s totalitarianism means that, just like the USSR before it, it will never overtake the US.

Canada has its racists Fred, but America's racism problem is in a category by itself on account of the sheer size of the problem and the resorting to murder by the police as their only answer to fighting the problems.
If the police were deliberately setting out to murder people the stats would probably be a great deal higher than they are now. And they will also be a great deal higher were they to be 'defunded'.

Back
Top Bottom