• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence's Wife

Is a school banning gays...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Curious as to why the O/P shamelessly snipped the key part of VP Pence's statement from his source? (posted below)... That's the part, the bolded part we should be debating. Here's the questions that should have been asked in the poll. Agree with Pence, and why? The why should be obvious. Yes, is the correct and ONLY answer...

Disagree with Pence, and why should be the second question. I won't answer the O/P's poll because it means nothing because it's stupid.

“But I have to tell you, to see major news organizations attacking Christian education, is deeply offensive to us."

"We have a rich tradition in America of Christian education and, frankly, religious education broadly defined. We celebrate it. The freedom of religion is enshrined in the Constitution of the United States. The Constitution prohibits a religious test for holding a public office and so we’ll let the other critics roll off our back, but this criticism of Christian education in America should stop.

Nobody said she couldnt. We're giving our opinions of the hate and intolerance that it demonstrates.

As a practicing Christian who had Sunday School teacher parents...that was NEVER EVER taught in our church (which of course had many other teachers as well).

Nobody said she couldnt. We're giving our opinions of the hate and intolerance that it demonstrates.

As a practicing Christian who had Sunday School teacher parents...that was NEVER EVER taught in our church (which of course had many other teachers as well).

Religious beliefs are not hate to those who take the Bible literally.

eta: And like those beliefs or not, they are protected rights under the First Amendment. IOW, those beliefs that some label as hate and intolerance are protected rights.

Last edited:

eta: And like those beliefs or not, they are protected rights under the First Amendment. IOW, those beliefs that some label as hate and intolerance are protected rights.

And thus I wrote: Nobody said she couldnt.

But we can still use our 1A rights to point out her bigotry and intolerance.

lol...the Bible also says to kill your kids when they misbehave, and beat your wife whenever you feel like it. You good with that too?

Being intolerant of others opinions no matter how bad they may be only breed more intolerance in society of all kinds and has a more negative impact then good. Tolerating intolerance (paradox) breeds more tolerating societies. Prejudices happen and will continue to happen but if we all learn to be more tolerating then prejudices will reduce. If prejudices happen in government then I will stand beside you to remove such a person. But if its a individual person who holds no power over you then we must tolerate them so others can see who is more morally virtuous, the tolerate one or the bigot and let them decide.

ok intolerance of something bad seems like it can be good like i said it can be good or bad to accept something

and im not saying you should physically attack or silence these people or that they cant have their school and businesses ( well kinda on the fence about that last one )
but they do seem to be bigots is all and tolerance of their use of free speech is good but holding back criticism of them seems bad to me

Sodomy is wicked. You figure it out.

that its wickd to you because you don't like it and you believe magical sky daddy dosent like it either?

I'm not particularly religious. I've just had enough of it (leftist attacks on the fabric of our society - not just this one)

From Colorado? Yeah, figures, considering how the unjustly the Baker was treated. Small wonder you seem to adopting that stance.

Your position appears to be comply / support / believe with what you want in all cases or it is discrimination.
How is this tolerant?
How is this accepting of diversity?

oh whats this fabric of yours made out of?

giphy.gif

I'm a believer in public education despite how messed up it is at times. However Christian education is a right people have. Strong believers should be able to have their children educated in a setting that emphasizes those beliefs. Because I disagree with a certain lifestyle doesn't mean I hate you or I'm a bigot. It means I disagree and want to emphasize a certain set of values. My right as an American. Just as a gay man or woman have a right to chose a lifestyle. Your own bigotry shows against Christians.

Back
Top Bottom