• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence's Wife

Is a school banning gays...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Here's a poll exploring bigotry.

Pence says criticism of wife’s job at anti-LGBT Christian school is ‘deeply offensive to us’

Vice President Pence has responded vehemently to criticism surrounding his wife’s decision to teach at a private school that seeks to exclude homosexual and transgender students and staff members.

Following news that Karen Pence accepted a part-time job teaching art at Immanuel Christian School in Springfield, Va., the vice president said Thursday that the negative reaction was “deeply offensive.”

“My wife and I have been in the public eye for quite a while. We’re used to the criticism,” Pence said in an interview with Eternal Word Television Network. “But I have to tell you, to see major news organizations attacking Christian education, is deeply offensive to us.

The choices of the poll, tough decision. Teaching people to hate gays seems to be part of what christian education is.

Im a Christian and i was never taught to hate gays or to treat them as lessers or to judge them or to make laws that would discriminate against them. People that do that are doing of thier own regard and not Christianity.

im not familiar with this private school but i would be curious on how it works . . .but it is a private school . . as long as thier rules are put forward and its contractual . .well . theres a lot they can do thats not illegal..

as for pence being offended that others judging his, his wives or the schools bigotry and being extremely dishonest can claiming its just "christian education" . . tough, nobody honest, educated and objective falls for it LMAO

Curious as to why the O/P shamelessly snipped the key part of VP Pence's statement from his source? (posted below)... That's the part, the bolded part we should be debating. Here's the questions that should have been asked in the poll. Agree with Pence, and why? The why should be obvious. Yes, is the correct and ONLY answer...

Disagree with Pence, and why should be the second question. I won't answer the O/P's poll because it means nothing because it's stupid.

“But I have to tell you, to see major news organizations attacking Christian education, is deeply offensive to us."

"We have a rich tradition in America of Christian education and, frankly, religious education broadly defined. We celebrate it. The freedom of religion is enshrined in the Constitution of the United States. The Constitution prohibits a religious test for holding a public office and so we’ll let the other critics roll off our back, but this criticism of Christian education in America should stop.

Curious as to why the O/P shamelessly snipped the key part of VP Pence's statement from his source? (posted below)... That's the part, the bolded part we should be debating. Here's the questions that should have been asked in the poll. Agree with Pence, and why? The why should be obvious. Yes, is the correct and ONLY answer...

Disagree with Pence, and why should be the second question. I won't answer the O/P's poll because it means nothing because it's stupid.

“But I have to tell you, to see major news organizations attacking Christian education, is deeply offensive to us."

"We have a rich tradition in America of Christian education and, frankly, religious education broadly defined. We celebrate it. The freedom of religion is enshrined in the Constitution of the United States. The Constitution prohibits a religious test for holding a public office and so we’ll let the other critics roll off our back, but this criticism of Christian education in America should stop.

Him saying that people should stop criticizing schools for not accepting gays makes his comment less ridiculous?

(a) He condones discrimination against gays.

(b) He's thinks people should quit using their first amendment rights to criticize groups who discriminate against gays.

No, not seeing how your additional context makes this any better coming from a Vice President with a long offensive history against gays.

Christian education often includes bigotry. Some can argue it isn’t “hateful” but it is definitely bigotry. I don’t have an issue with his wife working there, though. She wasn’t elected to anything.

VP Pence, however, can shove his “offense” where the sun don’t shine. You don’t get to be offended because people are calling out bigotry. Or at least don’t expect your offense to be taken seriously. I don’t care if the bigotry is sanctioned by your religion.

I'm not a Biblical expert so maybe someone can point to where Jesus spoke out against Homosexuality.

We are Christians. we/me suppose to follow the teachings and word of Christ. After all that's who our/my religion is named after. So please point out where Jesus condemned Homosexuals

If it happens in public education, obviously bigotry.

If it happens in public education, obviously bigotry.

Good point.

I do believe the school in question is a wholly privately funded school. Without any public money the government really has little to say about it.

No one if forcing anyone to enroll or attend that school.

Yet another example of many, of the tyrannical left and their desire to dictate to everyone else and force everyone else's compliance their SJW BS.

The choices of the poll, tough decision. Teaching people to hate gays seems to be part of what christian education is.

I agree that it’s a tough decision. People, sadly, have the right to teach hatred and bigotry, even in the name of Jesus.

I find it offensive that Mike Pence declared (from link provided) that “this criticism of Christian education in America should stop.”

Bull****. Free speech means others can indeed criticize offensive aspects of what a school is teaching, and the fact that it’s a Christian school does not mean that people must refrain from denouncing those offensive aspects.”

You do not have the freedom to strip someone else of their rights. I know that pisses the haters off. But, it is a fact.

Good point.

I do believe the school in question is a wholly privately funded school. Without any public money the government really has little to say about it.

Yet another example of many, of the tyrannical left and their desire to dictate to everyone else and force everyone else's compliance their SJW BS.

What’s tyrannical about exercising ones free speech rights to denounce offensive aspects of what a Christian school is teaching? The school remain free to continue teaching the kids offensive hateful stuff. Religious zealots are these tyrannical ones trying to intimidate their critics into silence with their demagoguery.

What’s tyrannical about exercising ones free speech rights to denounce offensive aspects of what a Christian school is teaching? The school remain free to continue teaching the kids offensive hateful stuff. Religious zealots are these tyrannical ones trying to intimidate their critics into silence with their demagoguery.

Show me one instance where the Immanuel Christian School has intimidated anyone.

No, the intimidation here is from the left, who have seemed to have adopted the position, narrative and strive to make public policy that any and all religion is bad (well, except for Muslim - but little do they realize), and that religion needs be vanquished, not only from the public square, but also from those that wish to believe's lives, so that government can take its place; destroying part of the social fabric that has, and still is, holding society together, whether you'll admit it to yourself or not.

No one is asking or demanding that any from the left be forced to attend this school.
Don't like it? Don't like the school? Don't like the values they teach?
Tough.
Last I recall, to believe differently, to have different values is called diversity and isn't a crime, no matter how much you want to make it so.
Don't like it?
Open your own private school. Do what you want there.

Show me one instance where the Immanuel Christian School has intimidated anyone.

I didn’t say that the school did it. Pence did, however, by declaring that “this criticism of Christian education in America should stop.”

No, the intimidation here is from the left, who have seemed to have adopted the position, narrative and strive to make public policy that any and all religion is bad (well, except for Muslim - but little do they realize), and that religion needs be vanquished, not only from the public square, but also from those that wish to believe's lives, so that government can take its place; destroying part of the social fabric that has, and still is, holding society together, whether you'll admit it to yourself or not.

I’ve heard this yarn repeatedly, with no proof ever provided to back up this ugly allegation. Apparently mere criticism of religious zealots is taken by thin-skinned zealots as an evil plot “to make public policy that any and all religion is bad (well, except for Muslim - but little do they realize), and that religion needs be vanquished, not only from the public square, but also from those that wish to believe's lives.”

No one is asking or demanding that any from the left be forced to attend this school.

And nobody said so.

Don't like it? Don't like the school? Don't like the values they teach?
Tough.
Last I recall, to believe differently, to have different values is called diversity and isn't a crime, no matter how much you want to make it so.
Don't like it?
Open your own private school. Do what you want there.

Free speech rights allow for people to express their displeasure, despite attempts by people like Pence to intimidate them into silence. Don’t like it? Tough.

Christian education often includes bigotry. Some can argue it isn’t “hateful” but it is definitely bigotry. I don’t have an issue with his wife working there, though. She wasn’t elected to anything.

VP Pence, however, can shove his “offense” where the sun don’t shine. You don’t get to be offended because people are calling out bigotry. Or at least don’t expect your offense to be taken seriously. I don’t care if the bigotry is sanctioned by your religion.

Oh, yes he does!
The Constitution says our citizens have a right to be offended and express that offense publicly. Sort of like you have in the above post of yours.
Sorry, but the VP has the same rights as every other citizen.

Good point.

?????
tyrannical
dictate
compliance

you must of posted in the wrong thread because none of that is going on here . . please continue your hilarious triggered snowflake meltdown though LMAO

I didn’t say that the school did it. Pence did, however, by declaring that “this criticism of Christian education in America should stop.”

I’ve heard this yarn repeatedly, with no proof ever provided to back up this ugly allegation. Apparently mere criticism of religious zealots is taken by thin-skinned zealots as an evil plot “to make public policy that any and all religion is bad (well, except for Muslim - but little do they realize), and that religion needs be vanquished, not only from the public square, but also from those that wish to believe's lives.”

And nobody said so.

Free speech rights allow for people to express their displeasure, despite attempts by people like Pence to intimidate them into silence. Don’t like it? Tough.

The next thing the left is going to do will assault is this school's, and other similar school's, accreditation, for the mere fact that those in this school have the temerity to believe different and have different values.

Whatever happened to this embrace of 'diversity', or is that only apply to the 'diversity' the left approves of?

the bolded part is the correct part . . he does get to cry about it if he wants to but you are right honest, objective educated people wont take it seriously

Oh, yes he does!
The Constitution says our citizens have a right to be offended and express that offense publicly. Sort of like you have in the above post of yours.
Sorry, but the VP has the same rights as every other citizen.

Uh, no. Hiding behind religion to discriminate is just being a bigot.

The next thing the left is going to do will assault is this school's, and other similar school's, accreditation, for the mere fact that those in this school have the temerity to believe different and have different values.

Whatever happened to this embrace of 'diversity', or is that only apply to the 'diversity' the left approves of?

Uh, discriminating against people is an action, not a belief. You understand that; right?

Oh, maybe you don't.

Uh, discriminating against people is an action, not a belief. You understand that; right?

Oh, maybe you don't.
Based on your posts I have to ask: DO you?

Back
Top Bottom