• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence, Pompeo secure cease-fire agreement in Syria after meeting with Turkish president

Hell, we should have thrown in dropping the charges against Halkbank for good measure, since we're giving Turkey everything they wanted and teaching the world that if you want America to cave, all you got to do is start bombing folk.

We could toss in some more military war toys and some free trips to Disney Land/World for the Turkish military - just to let them know that there are no hard feelings.

We could toss in some more military war toys and some free trips to Disney Land/World for the Turkish military - just to let them know that there are no hard feelings.

Yeah, but you had better give them those fast passes because you don't want them waiting in lines at Disney Land.

Erdogan could have written this deal by himself. Pompeo and VP Mamas Boy didn't even need to be there.

Success after success by Trump and you think "we got punked". :doh

Giving this outcome a cursory glance & searching throughout history Trump it appears now ranks up there with the likes of Prince Metterneck,
Talleyrand & I'll even put Kissinger in there as the greatest of those successful intruders into foreign entanglements!

Pence, Pompeo secure cease-fire agreement in Syria after meeting with Turkish president | Fox News

OH ****!!!! So the tough guy letter worked. I wonder if liberals want us to send the 28 SF troops back to blow something up. :lol:

:monkey
So Trump screwed-up royally, caused irreparable damage and a literal re-draw of geo-political alliances including moving sovereign boundaries, then he "announces" he stopped the bleeding, and we should celebrate? What a joke!

Did you notice Erogan played Trump again, getting 120 hours of no action? Why? Because in 5 days (120 hours) Erdogan meets with Putin in Russia, to divide up the spoils they received via Trump's largess towards their endeavor! Then, and only then, we may find out what Trump's screw-up has cost us and the world.

We'll see what occurs in 120 hours. But the substantive damage has already been done. Our gravest danger though, is what did Trump give Erdogan, that Trump won't tell us? That is my worst fear.

When Trump has a bowel movement, Pence declares Trump a winner.

This time Trump screwed the Kurds, so we knew what to expect from Pence.

Erdogan could have written this deal by himself. Pompeo and VP Mamas Boy didn't even need to be there.
The deal isn't "written". Trump is claiming it is. Just as he claimed with Kim et al. The reality is, nothing happens for 5 days until Erdogan meets with Putin. Then the real deal will come out ...

Yeah, but you had better give them those fast passes because you don't want them waiting in lines at Disney Land.

They deserve exclusive access passes for at least 5 days if it gets us out of Syria. After all, we could have bought DisneyLand and DisneyWorld for what we spent "reducing" ISIS strongholds in the ME.

They deserve exclusive access passes for at least 5 days if it gets us out of Syria. After all, we could have bought DisneyLand and DisneyWorld for what we spent "reducing" ISIS strongholds in the ME.

We probably could have saved all sorts of money not having helped create ISIS problem in the first place.

But that wouldn't serve the Military Industrial Complex and the buddies of government that make the dollars off of it. I'm pretty sure we're not done with Syria either.

The "tough guy letter" was dated October 9th. That was the date Turkey started their operations.

My God, Trump defenders are the worst liars.

This agreement was nothing more than demands made by Turkey that the United States agreed to. Anyone claiming this has beneficial to America in any way is either stupid or lying.

We needed a "presence in the region" to babysit Afghanistan, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran while maximizing our control over the price of oil. We seem to have picked up Libya, Yemen, Syria and now Turkey as booby prizes.

We needed a "presence in the region" to babysit Afghanistan, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran while maximizing our control over the price of oil. We seem to have picked up Libya, Yemen, Syria and now Turkey as booby prizes.

Well that's how half-assed colonialism goes.

Well that's how half-assed colonialism goes.

Nope, that's how loads of US tax money gets diverted to the line the pockets of the well connected while the crowd cheers "USA, USA, USA!".

The bottom line is that it's all about selfishness. If the agenda calls for assisting Saudi Arabia in a military venture, banging the wardrum with Iran, or invading Iraq, they will do it without the slightest care for the soldiers' safety, for American treasure, geopolitical instability, for civilian life or the future consequences. If there is nothing in it for them, they will abandon their allies at the drop of a hat under the pretense that it's about blood and treasure.

The right-wing's faux-aversion to militarism reminds me how they all became faux-libertarian, small government penny-pinchers the moment Bush stepped out of office. It's a farce. Don't buy into it for one second.

Nope, that's how loads of US tax money gets diverted to the line the pockets of the well connected while the crowd cheers "USA, USA, USA!".

That is true. Gotta feed the machine, and so long as they can maintain multiple theaters it will keep going forever.

I am tempted to look up some of the usual suspects crying about pulling out of Iraq. /s

That is true. Gotta feed the machine, and so long as they can maintain multiple theaters it will keep going forever.

At least they figured out how to rob us without the need for a military draft.

Pence, Pompeo secure cease-fire agreement in Syria after meeting with Turkish president | Fox News

OH ****!!!! So the tough guy letter worked. I wonder if liberals want us to send the 28 SF troops back to blow something up. :lol:

That wasn't a 'tough guy' letter. That was a dumb guy letter. Not to mention the dumb guy didn't make the Kurds a party to this agreement so it's very unclear and doubtful that they will comply. So essentially Mr tough guy just agreed to give Erdogan essentially all he wants without any penalty whatsoever being imposed upon Turkey for the operation and the atrocities committed therein. Pretty wimpy really.

Am I missing something or does the ceasefire basically give Turkey what it was looking for all along?

If so it’s kind of hard to call this a victory for the administration since all Turkey is basically saying is. “Okay we for what we wanted so yeah we’ll stop.”

Ken Dilanian @KenDilanianNBC "Fact check: Experts are already saying the US just granted Ergogan everything he wanted, all along, including exclusive rights to patrol the safe zone by air. They are calling this a total capitulation."

Trump is on the take or he is the world's worst negotiator.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…