• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence, Pompeo secure cease-fire agreement in Syria after meeting with Turkish president

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pence, Pompeo secure cease-fire agreement in Syria after meeting with Turkish president | Fox News

Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced Thursday that they have reached a cease-fire agreement between Turkey and Kurds, following a meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Ankara.
The agreement comes hours after a letter emerged in which President Trump warned Erdogan against being a "fool" and "tough guy" regarding an operation in northeastern Syria.
OH ****!!!! So the tough guy letter worked. I wonder if liberals want us to send the 28 SF troops back to blow something up. :lol:

:monkey

Isn't this a good thing?

Well there's 120 hours to try to start to untangle this mess a little. We'll see what happens. Apparently, this is a similar agreement that we had before, of which Turkey violated the terms. Turkey is claiming they got exactly what they wanted.

Only the intellectually, morally, ethically, hypocritically, and spiritually bankrupt cheerleaders of Trump's orange nutsack could possibly spin this catastrophe into a victory.

Isn't this a good thing?

Well I mean, it seems that Turkey got to kill some Kurds. Apparently the Kurdish forces will have to withdraw from the safe zone and Turkey gets to enforce the area after that. And now that they have this cease-fire, Turkey won't have any further sanctions against them. So it's certainly a good thing for Turkey.

Isn't this a good thing?

That depends on who (if anyone) ends up controlling that "buffer zone" in Northern Syria along the Turkish border. This cease fire agreement, to the best of my understanding, does not seem to include Turkey removing their military forces from that "buffer zone" - only that they will stop fighting for (at least) 5 days. IMHO, Turkey still deserves a serious smack down for their unilateral military actions (including those of their "allies") taken in Syria from last week to date. As usual, the US will end up paying the costs of rebuilding what Turkey just blew up (and then some).

I would like American to come back to this thread in about... oh, five days. Lets see if he's still gloating about how awesome this is, how great his Supreme Leader is at foreign policy.

Turkey has outright said this is not a ceasefire. In addition, this is an acquiescence to Turkey. They get everything they want. Turkey is calling 100% of the shots.

Pence, Pompeo secure cease-fire agreement in Syria after meeting with Turkish president | Fox News

OH ****!!!! So the tough guy letter worked. I wonder if liberals want us to send the 28 SF troops back to blow something up. :lol:

The letter had Zero to do with it, for the Turks and Syrians it is mission Accomplished and for Russia, Putin wins again. Now we have another enemy, the Kurds, and I do not blame them one bit. This is what you get when you elect a Moron to run the most powerful Nation on Earth. Putin is playing chess and his moves are to be admired, that is if you and your People are not on the receiving end, he is one smart man I will give him all the credit here

Um...Turkey already murdered countless civilians, freed ISIS, and we pushed our former allies into Russia’s arms and wrecked all hope of conducting foreign policy for the next god knows how many years.

You consider this a success?

So...get the Kurds out of the area...let Turkey stay in the area...and then Assad and his Russian dogs can come in and **** up the Turks.

No problem. (and no American casualties)

No problem? We just got punked and you are saying thank you sir, may I have another, good grief listen to yourself,........

Absent thus far is what the Kurds have agreed to do, if anything. Were they party to the meeting? Do the Saudi's still need the additional US troops? Lots of areas still to be pinned down.

Um...Turkey already murdered countless civilians, freed ISIS, and we pushed our former allies into Russia’s arms and wrecked all hope of conducting foreign policy for the next god knows how many years.

You consider this a success?

Amazing how some are rationalizing getting bent over the table and used, disgusting at best, I consider this sort of thinking as bordering on treason, but that is my opinion

No problem? We just got punked and you are saying thank you sir, may I have another, good grief listen to yourself,........

Success after success by Trump and you think "we got punked". :doh

That depends on who (if anyone) ends up controlling that "buffer zone" in Northern Syria along the Turkish border. This cease fire agreement, to the best of my understanding, does not seem to include Turkey removing their military forces from that "buffer zone" - only that they will stop fighting for (at least) 5 days. IMHO, Turkey still deserves a serious smack down for their unilateral military actions (including those of their "allies") taken in Syria from last week to date. As usual, the US will end up paying the costs of rebuilding what Turkey just blew up (and then some).

Hell, we should have thrown in dropping the charges against Halkbank for good measure, since we're giving Turkey everything they wanted and teaching the world that if you want America to cave, all you got to do is start bombing folk.

Success after success by Trump and you think "we got punked". :doh

You don't even know what just happened? Wow, I would have sworn you were smarter than that. My mistake.

Absent thus far is what the Kurds have agreed to do, if anything. Were they party to the meeting? Do the Saudi's still need the additional US troops? Lots of areas still to be pinned down.

You don't know why they went over there, do you? It wasn't to make an agreement. We don't have a dog in that fight anymore. It was to mediate.

This is so embarrassing. Our forum’s Russian trolls must be particularly delighted today.

Just another sad day for the US on the world stage.
If this is winning what the **** does losing look like?

Just another sad day for the US on the world stage.
If this is winning what the **** does losing look like?

...pretty much this. Putin must be having a great laugh at this. Turkey isn't calling this a ceasefire, the Kurds get kicked out of the safezone and Turkey gets to take it over, no sanctions or anything.

Got played. But the Trumpeteer cultists want to jump up and down and declare it a win because they have to.

You're happy about a cease fire between the US and our NATO "ally" Turkey in which Turkey and the US agreed that our former Kurdish allies have to leave their homeland in Syria so that Turkey can move in and control it?

I don't know how the trumplicans can't see this point. I also can't understand why any ally or potential ally will ever trust the US again if we agree to let a former ally get treated this way. What have we become?

Back
Top Bottom