• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin's reckless views on obesity

So then are you telling me that schools that dont sell pop or anything at all should mind their own business and sell as much sugar and bull**** as they want to our kids? Are you seriously offended by Michelle Obama doing something like this or are you just drawing a straw from anywhere you can get it? What you are saying is stupid and asinine.

Laura Bush started an inititative to educate women on their health particularly on how to prevent heart disease. HOW DARE SHE TELL OUR WOMEN HOW TO BE HEALTHIER. IF I WANT TO KEEP FEEDING MY MOM AND GRANDMA GRAVY FRIES AND DEEP FRIED TWINKIES GODDAMNIT IM GOING TO DO IT IM AMERICAN **** HEART DISEASE.

She also started inititatives encouraging kids to read and read specific kinds of books when they begin reading as they are growing. HOW DARE SHE TRY TO TELL AMERICA'S CHILDREN WHAT TO READ. WHY? SO SHE COULD BRAINWASH OUR KIDS! I'M DISGUSTED. IF I WANT MY KIDS READING HUSTLER AND WATCHING SPONGEBOB UNTIL THEIR BRAINS ROT THATS MY DEAL SHE NEEDS TO STAY OUT MY LIFE.

Last edited:
It's not you guys - it's the forum script.
That just happens sometimes.

Smokers and overweight people should just pay higher premiums, if they don't already. That might be incentive enough to quit and lose weight if it means your premiums go down.

I've got news for you - smokers are actually funding healthcare for uninsured children (S-CHIP) and helping to keep state governments and the federal government running. In reality, if it weren't for smokers, our economy would be in an even worse mess than it already is.

Bottom line? You'd better hope people keep smoking, 'cause we'd be in a world of hurt without them.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Zimmer, how many people bitched about "Just say no"? I do not remember any. People bitched about how expensive her dresses where is the only one I remember, and that was a retarded bitch.

Another Palin thread.... Hooray....

btw I agree with her. and I eat better than Obama.

Another Palin thread.... Hooray....

btw I agree with her. and I eat better than Obama.

Really? You don't want any threads on Palin? None? Whatsoever? Or do you just want to vett them.

Zimmer, how many people bitched about "Just say no"? I do not remember any. People bitched about how expensive her dresses where is the only one I remember, and that was a retarded bitch.

Actually I know a LOT of people that thought the "just say no" campaign was as mindless and politically motivated as the one under discussion. I was as well...and have said as much here (tho there were strangely no threads available during the JSN campaign...)

Geez...how many people here are young enough to remember a time with no internet??? And I dont mean due to a power outage...

Or old enough? That'd be me.

Haha - what was your first taste?

Prodigy - 1993! I was there - yep - I did that. I use to have the original 5 1/4" disckettes it came on, too - all 20 of them. :rofl

It's funny. I was just talking about the days before the internet with someone. What did we do? We went out to play.

It happens- when it happens it's preceeded by an impartial quote-tag that gets tagged into the post

I don't complain too much because it's made me look smart sometimes

Let's see, the DoE is set up in 79, and education/literacy slides... no correlation.

I posted the demise in literacy; never mind. The DoE is a gem that needs more money and polishing:roll:

Reagan should have shut it down and returned control to the states.

In 2007, according to the Trends in Mathematics and Science Study (TMSS), the US was the 3rd most improved country in the world in math between 1995-2007. No sliding there.

Also, issues surrounding the 77% high school graduation rate (lower than most developed countries) is caused by many factors. I'd like to see some conclusive evidence that it is the Department of Education's fault.

Last edited:

I think the biggest factor is parental involvement (lack of) and an lack of overall give-a-damn about education.

I was at nationmaster looking into various rates - interesting stuff.
Student attitude about school:

% of Students who find school boring: Japan: 32% / / United States: 61%
% of Students who dislike school: Japan: 25% / / United States: 35%
Reported level of classroom disorder: Japan: 17% / / United States: 28%

As a person with teachers in the family and knowing a bit about this new age of ignorance by our youth, I have to agree
that the curriculum part of our system is out of whack. My own kids, ages 38 and 40, remind me occasionally that much of what I know is no longer usefull. And the grandkids? They think I might have voted for George Washington. REALLY, the 8 year old grandson said that.
When you make kids learn information that stopped being useful 40 years ago, they resent it. In one generation, mine, that has happened at least once. In current generations, it is happening in a shorter time frame.
The DOE should be smaller and more agile and TRY to keep up with things...

It's funny. I was just talking about the days before the internet with someone. What did we do? We went out to play.

And we had to walk uphill to get to the playgrounds. Both ways. In the snow!

Hell...I still remember the day they turned on MTV...and when MTV actually showed music videos!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…