• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Over 6000 scientists call for an end to lockdowns and more...

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In the video below a discussion over lockdowns occurs with WHO's Dr. David Nabarro, special envoy on Covid 19.
He calls the consequences of global lockdowns a “ghastly global catastrophe.”
One reason is they believe herd immunity needs to be built up around the world. Another reason they give is because these lockdowns are destroying the economies of many nations and they are effecting the mental health of many making poor people more poor. They also claim that those who are at the highest risk the focus should be on protecting them but everyone else should be able to get on with life. Those who are at greatest risk should work from home and take every precaution till a vaccine is available.

Here's an article that tells of over 6000 scientists signing a petition calling for the lockdowns to end.

Koch Brothers think tank came out with this on Oct 4 and met with Trump administration highest levels on Oct 5. A bunch of bogus signatures were immediately found there. I don't see any confirmation of the touted numbers.

" On October 9, 2020 several media outlets reported that dozens of obviously bogus names were among the then 175,000 signatures of support for the declaration, including "Mr Banana Rama" and "Dr Johnny Fartpants."[18][19][20] More than 100 psychotherapists, numerous homeopaths, physiotherapists, massage therapists, and other non-relevant people were found to be signatories, including a performer of Khoomei – a Mongolian style of overtone singing – described as a "therapeutic sound practitioner". "

In the video below a discussion over lockdowns occurs with WHO's Dr. David Nabarro, special envoy on Covid 19.
One reason is they believe herd immunity needs to be built up around the world. Another reason they give is because these lockdowns are destroying the economies of many nations and they are effecting the mental health of many making poor people more poor. They also claim that those who are at the highest risk the focus should be on protecting them but everyone else should be able to get on with life. Those who are at greatest risk should work from home and take every precaution till a vaccine is available.

Here's an article that tells of over 6000 scientists signing a petition calling for the lockdowns to end.

More than 66% of the world's population is infected with the Herpes Virus type I - another 14 % worldwide have type II. With "modern" sexual practices the line between "Herpes I is above the waist and Herpes II is below the waist" is blurring more with each passing year so the historic practice of separating the two is pointless. Even though humans produce Herpes antibodies, there's no herd immunity there - just the haves and the have nots. Unfortunately, the key is to just not be exposed to it. This is far easier to say regarding Herpes because it requires some physical contact to spread. Covid can spread without touching the infected. Not that I'm saying we have to lock down but just giving an example of the danger of thinking "herd immunity" is a panacea.

More than 66% of the world's population is infected with the Herpes Virus type I - another 14 % worldwide have type II. With "modern" sexual practices the line between "Herpes I is above the waist and Herpes II is below the waist" is blurring more with each passing year so the historic practice of separating the two is pointless. Even though humans produce Herpes antibodies, there's no herd immunity there - just the haves and the have nots. Unfortunately, the key is to just not be exposed to it. This is far easier to say regarding Herpes because it requires some physical contact to spread. Covid can spread without touching the infected. Not that I'm saying we have to lock down but just giving an example of the danger of thinking "herd immunity" is a panacea.
According to the scientists that spoke in the video, they were promoting herd immunity. Evidently they believe herd immunity is possible.

Wow, in the middle of a pandemic that is showing no signs of slowing down you want to believe these people?

You could entertain their argument for the hell of it.

BS, how many are infectious disease doctors, good God some people are just IDIOTS.

See Sweden, Manaus, Belarus, South Dakota

In California, our governor has decided we will be locked down until there is no more deaths,

Go out and GET INFECTED FFS, and stop crying about how inconvenient it is to observe public health directives, because the oly reason WE are still in trouble is because we whined and complained for eight months instead of doing the right thing from the beginning, but of course having a President LIE through HIS TEETH is the reason that happened.

Go out and GET INFECTED FFS, and stop crying about how inconvenient it is to observe public health directives, because the oly reason WE are still in trouble is because we whined and complained for eight months instead of doing the right thing from the beginning, but of course having a President LIE through HIS TEETH is the reason that happened.
See Sweden, Belarus, Manaus.

In California, our governor has decided we will be locked down until there is no more deaths,

Stop lying.
Orange County is about to enter the next phase of reopening right now, and so is Ventura County.
And Riverside County may be next and that's just in SoCal.

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring of infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.
Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.
Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

BS, how many are infectious disease doctors, good God some people are just IDIOTS.

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring of infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.
Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.
Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

Stop lying.
Orange County is about to enter the next phase of reopening right now, and so is Ventura County.
And Riverside County may be next and that's just in SoCal.

Ventura County records 76 new COVID-19 cases, one new death on Friday:
“The county now stands at 12,943 total cases and 153 deaths attributed to the virus. Friday's death was in a 45-year-old woman with coexisting health issues, county officials said.”

So the deaths of the co morbid, who are mostly home waiting to die from their co morbidities, are determining when able bodied persons at low risk can get back to work. Do you ever wonder how California counties can operate with no sales tax money?

3, that's it? I am almost impressed. Meh....

Don't you mean When?

i was trying to be optimistic. i'm involved in related research, so i have to keep my chin up from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom