• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Over 300 California Recall Election Ballots Found in Passed Out Man's Car

I work the polls and I am aware of all the procedures involved in getting another ballot. If you are out of town on business you cannot show up and vote. You clearly have no clue what people who have demanding jobs go through. But their vote is not important. It is only 1 vote and irrelevant.

I am have been calling the IRS for a month now everyday trying to resolve an ID problem so I can get my stimulus check. I hope eventually someone will answer the phone and actually do their job. But it is the government and that is most likely never going to happen.
How long are people out of town for?
lol
Ballots usually come about 3 weeks in advance. States like mine give text notifications for when they're mailed out, so you know when to expect them. You can get replacement ballots if you don't receive your own.

You're just making emotional appeals because you have no real argument here.

I work the polls and I am aware of all the procedures involved in getting another ballot. If you are out of town on business you cannot show up and vote. You clearly have no clue what people who have demanding jobs go through. But their vote is not important. It is only 1 vote and irrelevant.

I am have been calling the IRS for a month now everyday trying to resolve an ID problem so I can get my stimulus check. I hope eventually someone will answer the phone and actually do their job. But it is the government and that is most likely never going to happen.
If you are out of town on business, the chances of you getting your ballot on time to begin with were very small. Maybe you should have thought of that ahead of time, and if voting was that important to you, make whatever arrangements you could to do it. There is always the chance of something like this happening.

Also, if the person was going to be out of town on the day of the election and during early voting, then they would have been ordering an absentee ballot even if there weren't full mail in voting. I don't understand your complaint here. Any way you look at the scenario, using your criteria, this had the potential of happening.

Good for you. Many people leaving town alert the USPS to hold their mail. Nobody except the idiot with a carload of mail will be left out of voting if they choose to.
His scenario doesn't make any sense anyway. If someone was going to be out of town during early voting and on the 13th, when the actual vote is (yes, they do have in person voting available for this), then they would have been ordering an absentee ballot here anyway. If they only found out later that they would be out of town, then they could do multiple things to track their ballot, order a replacement and have a trusted person send it to them another way, or simply plan to come home just for that one single time, if possible.

If you are out of town on business, the chances of you getting your ballot on time to begin with were very small. Maybe you should have thought of that ahead of time, and if voting was that important to you, make whatever arrangements you could to do it. There is always the chance of something like this happening.

Also, if the person was going to be out of town on the day of the election and during early voting, then they would have been ordering an absentee ballot even if there weren't full mail in voting. I don't understand your complaint here. Any way you look at the scenario, using your criteria, this had the potential of happening.

I actually started doing an absentee ballot due to being away during one of the elections. His whole ohhh no someone won't be able to vote! drama is fail because there is more than enough time to send new ballots to the addresses that are in the 300 ballots.

18 pages and we're still debating whether this act of postal theft was some nefarious effort to commit voter fraud or some lone wolfe trying to cobble together enough social security checks to buy himself a sandwich and a Xbox. 🤦‍♂️

You guys really need to quit. :ROFLMAO:

That's because Trump's Deep State is suppressing the FACTS and all the EVIDENCE that this has been perpetuated by Lindell and Cyber Ninja to cast further doubt on the election system and to reinstate Trump as President for Life. There's affidavits, but the courts won't allow them to be discussed because they're part of the Deep State.
How deep is your file of "lets flip the narrative" jokes today? Accusing your opponent of doing that which you are and have been doing is getting tiresome.

How deep is your file of "lets flip the narrative" jokes today? Accusing your opponent of doing that which you are and have been doing is getting tiresome.
Oh no, is it getting "tiresome" to have insane, nutter conspiracies thrown out there on a consistent basis and presented like fact? Is it sooooo tiresome now?

Maybe some Red Bull will help.

Oh no, is it getting "tiresome" to have insane, nutter conspiracies thrown out there on a consistent basis and presented like fact? Is it sooooo tiresome now?

Maybe some Red Bull will help.

I thought it was Snickers bars that knock that kind of stuff to the curb? But I do agree. The extent some of these people go to find "evil" has gone so far overboard, Hollywood couldn't right a more bizarre script.

Good for you. Many people leaving town alert the USPS to hold their mail. Nobody except the idiot with a carload of mail will be left out of voting if they choose to.
Wrong. If your ballot doesn.t come because somebody stole it you cannot vote. He could have been in town when the ballot was stolen. That would be the most likely possibility. But I guess taking someone's ballot is OK.

Wrong. If your ballot doesn.t come because somebody stole it you cannot vote. He could have been in town when the ballot was stolen. That would be the most likely possibility. But I guess taking someone's ballot is OK.
No one has said taking someone's ballot was okay. But if this hypothetical guy was going to be out of town, then there was always the chance that his ballot simply would not have arrived through the mail on time or that it could, even just by itself, have been stolen, lost, or damaged/destroyed in some way. There was also always the chance that with a planned out of town business trip during such an election, that he would have requested an absentee ballot (had mail in ballots not been being sent out to everyone) facing the exact same situation as here.

Who the **** said taking someone's ballot is OK? Stop making dumb ****ing arguments.

He who? Absolutely NO one has said taking someone's ballot is okay.

If your ballot doesn't come for whatever reason, why are you not taking actions to either get a new ballot or vote in person?

If your ballot doesn't come for whatever reason, why are you not taking actions to either get a new ballot or vote in person?
And moreover…if 300 or so folks who all live in roughly the same neighborhood/area of town all report that they didn’t receive their ballots, you (general “you”) don’t think the County auditor’s office will notice this and give special attention to any ballots that arrive from that area?

The argument that this was an attempt at election tampering is so patently ludicrous, I can’t believe people are still arguing that it was 18 pages later.

No one has said taking someone's ballot was okay. But if this hypothetical guy was going to be out of town, then there was always the chance that his ballot simply would not have arrived through the mail on time or that it could, even just by itself, have been stolen, lost, or damaged/destroyed in some way. There was also always the chance that with a planned out of town business trip during such an election, that he would have requested an absentee ballot (had mail in ballots not been being sent out to everyone) facing the exact same situation as here.
This person stole peoples ballots. This is voter fraud in the fact that it may result in someone expecting their ballot to not get it on time and therefore losing their opportunity to vote. That is voter fraud unless you can prove it is not. I am done arguing with anyone about how it is OK because it is not.

Are you not aware this was discovered 30 days before the deadline for ballots and replacement ballots are being (or have) sent out? And honestly, I don't think anyone will miss hyped up drama over some idiot druggie who was stealing mail.

This person stole peoples ballots. This is voter fraud in the fact that it may result in someone expecting their ballot to not get it on time and therefore losing their opportunity to vote. That is voter fraud unless you can prove it is not. I am done arguing with anyone about how it is OK because it is not.
No, it won't. That will not be the result unless those people are just uninterested to begin with in voting. Because if you are actually interested in voting, you are going to follow up. And your ballot could have just as easily have been individually lost or destroyed in the mail process, which would be even less likely than this was to get identified and you to get a replacement without asking.

You are the only one who has said in any way that this is OK. No one else. We are saying that this was not legitimate voter fraud case, intentional voter fraud at all. This was mail theft on a pretty good level, but still mainly mail fraud/mail theft. The next major charges, based on the evidence we have been given, would be a felon with a gun, identity theft, and drug use. Then we can get to the potential for voter fraud. Pretty sure no one is even saying that voter fraud, at least the potential, is not here. What is being said is that that is not at all what the evidence we have shows as the main intent here.

Can't have double checking of political county decisions, no sir.
You can... When state law allows it.

Do I really need to remind you -- again -- that every state decides its own election laws? And that those laws vary significantly from state to state?

You can... When state law allows it.

Do I really need to remind you -- again -- that every state decides its own election laws? And that those laws vary significantly from state to state?
Do I really need to remind you that multiple states decided to override those laws outside of constitutional mandates and it was a Democrat every single time to make fraud harder to catch and easier to do.

So pardon me if I don't buy your law and order routine.

Do I really need to remind you that multiple states decided to override those laws outside of constitutional mandates and it was a Democrat every single time to make fraud harder to catch and easier to do.
Nope, that is 100% bullshit.

Lots of the election law changes for the 2020 election were bipartisan. Pretty much every change was thoroughly tested in courts, and almost all were a direct result of a global pandemic that made it dangerous for people to do things like... stand next to each other on lines and crowd into poorly ventilated indoor spaces for hours on end.

And guess what? No, guess. Surprise! There was basically zero fraud, and none of those laws made it "harder to catch fraud." If anything, the efforts of Democrats made it harder for Republicans to violate the Constitution in their attempts to steal the election.

If you want to see some real unconstitutional efforts, then read that piece of shit filed by Texas AG Ken Paxton, which blatantly ignored how the Constitution actually functions.

So pardon me if I don't buy your law and order routine.

"The Los Angeles County Registrar's confirmed that the recall election ballots had been sent out but not returned by voters. Officials said there is no indication the ballots were taken in an attempt to influence the result of the upcoming recall vote.

"There's nothing to indicate this was focused on the election," a spokesperson for the county registrar's office told KABC."

How could this NOT have to do with an "attempt to influence the result of the upcoming recall vote" or be "focused on the election"???? This is one of the many problems with mail out ballots! They can simply be removed from mail boxes. Easy as that, the fraud opportunities become plentiful.

Sounds like someone stole a bunch of mail that happened to include election ballots.
Because they stole mail during an election.

This ****ing thread.....
dh9511dh-head-banging-on-the-wall.gif

Sounds like someone stole a bunch of mail that happened to include election ballots.
Because they stole mail during an election.
Yeah, no big deal. Just a "bunch" of mail that just happened to include hundreds of ballots.

Yeah, no big deal. Just a "bunch" of mail that just happened to include hundreds of ballots.
I mean...the article DOES say that everyone who was effected will get a new ballot, so it shouldn't really matter.
I mean, a few might decide to change a vote, or not bother voting, but probably most who bother to vote by mail will bother to fill it out again.

I mean...the article DOES say that everyone who was effected will get a new ballot, so it shouldn't really matter.
I mean, a few might decide to change a vote, or not bother voting, but probably most who bother to vote by mail will bother to fill it out again.
They weren't filled out to begin with. They hadn't actually been delivered to people yet. They were blank ballots.

Back
Top Bottom